PDA

View Full Version : OT: 2007 Corolla-S

Neptune
06-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Went to the dealership today to look at some Yaris's...they didn't have any manuals with the power package :(. Showed me an 07 Corolla-S w/Power and Manual. Was like 15k or something. I got it on 3.9% interest!!! O_O!

This car is flippin awesome. I got GAP insurance with it, made my payments go up about $35 but that's worth it in my opinion? Comments anyone??

extremeskillz
06-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Pics Please! Sounds awesome. What does the corollas come with as far as engines and options?

Fuelish
06-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Nice !!! We have a '05 rolla s .... nice lil car (although, it's funny that it's bigger - and better looking - than old old Camry's, even...LOL). I'm very pleased with ours - performance/handling are adequate, especially when balanced against the mpg......my wife gets 33-34 mpg daily driving, and we've gotten 39+ mpg on long highway trips - not too shabby, and a LOT better mpg than my old vert (as well as being a more all around family functional auto). Hmmmmmm, first time in our 18 years of being together that I love both of our cars ;)

wizzards581
06-30-2007, 01:54 PM
at least u didnt get the LE or CE. and u got a worthy 5spd. u didnt bother for a used XRS?

Murgatroy
06-30-2007, 02:51 PM
I would have just gone to another lot to find what I wanted.

I kinda dig the Yaris hatch.

That is what a car lot does, they ignore you and sell you what they want.

Neptune
06-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Ya, first time buyer :(

But hey...3.9%, can't beat that.

Neptune
06-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Last night though...

I stalled it a few times later that evening, I noticed a couple of times when it stalled out I had to hold the clutch in and the ignition for what seemed like 10 seconds before the starter kicked in...Wtf? I was stuck at an intersection freaking out. Is this normal if so why would they prevent you from restarting from a stall. Should I take it back today and have them look at it?

vip09
06-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Make sure you have the clutch pressed all the way down.

Neptune
07-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Ya, I thought I had it all the way down, guess not. Thanks

celicatrd93
07-01-2007, 02:54 AM
go with a xrs with a 2zz-ge now that would be sweet.

trumanpriest
07-01-2007, 07:15 PM
the XRS is an awesome car. I have a buddy with one and when that thing hits lift- damn.

schmooot
07-01-2007, 08:33 PM
i want to get an xrs eventually. I thought it was the same as the s?

celicatrd93
07-01-2007, 09:17 PM
i want to get an xrs eventually. I thought it was the same as the s?
nope not the same, the "s" is a factory lip kit and other goodies, the xrs has the 2zz-ge 6spd same as the celica gts. they are a little slower then gts cause of the weight. i like the T-sport corolla they have in europe, is a hatchback corolla with a 2zz-ge it's nice.

Fuelish
07-01-2007, 11:49 PM
nope not the same, the "s" is a factory lip kit and other goodies, the xrs has the 2zz-ge 6spd same as the celica gts. they are a little slower then gts cause of the weight. i like the T-sport corolla they have in europe, is a hatchback corolla with a 2zz-ge it's nice.
^^^yup^^^ I had to laugh the last time I took my wife's car into the dealer for "factory service" :rolleyes: I was strolling the lot, and came upon a used Celica GT-S...... with an automatic transmission :wtf: ... didn't know it was even available with an automatic, was seriously wondering if someone bought GTS badge and slapped it on a GT as a scam ... dunno.... WHY, oh WHY would someone spring for the free revving 2zz and cripple it with a crappy slushbox ???? Some people.....