PDA

View Full Version : Brand of Springs?

Blue Scapegoat
06-27-2007, 05:23 AM
I've got a '92 Celica GTS, and recently got into autocrossing. After getting absolutely killed at the quarter mile, I found it refreshing to kick some ass in the parking lot. I had a lot of fun and actually did pretty decent, placing 34 out of 70 overall my first time.

Now I need to replace my front right cv shaft, and was considering doing springs while I have the car apart and jacked up. I'm obviously going for something stiffer and lower. I've been pricing a couple different brands, but don't honestly know which ones would be best.

Does anybody here have any advice or first hand experience? What brands are good for quality/performance/cost, and what if any modifications am I looking at during installation? Are these dropzone (http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=1661) springs any good? Kinda cheap... so I'm weary, but if they're good then awesome.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback

omar
06-29-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm interested in knowing as well. So bump for a good place to list some quality suspension parts.

Might want to move this thread to the Brakes, Tires, and Suspension area though.

Hiko
06-29-2007, 05:09 AM
If you have the money, and are looking to do just springs, you can do no better than Ground Control. Just make sure you get relatively low spring rates so you don't blow your shocks.

Just to mention while on the topic, the Eibach Pro-Kit is nice for looks and easy on the wallet, but performance gains are imperceptible. I speak from autocross experience on that one.

DarkSideCelica
06-29-2007, 07:56 AM
i used 6th gen tein s-tech springs on my 92... stiff ride, and handles great! search for my thread on it