PDA

View Full Version : Schaaawinngg! Gt-r!

Azzazzyn
06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Nissan GT-R Sex! (http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=278)
I need a towel.

NDMstang65
06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Hm...cool.

insomnak8702
06-25-2007, 06:13 PM
i wonder when toyota is going to bring back an actual sports car...

TEAMFaint
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
^The Supra will make its way back.

There was a huge article in a car magazine I was reading at the shop when getting my car its safety inspection.

It was a hybrid car, two seater, sports car, removable top, 400 horsepower or something of the rather, of course it was a concept car, but at the end of the article it said..

"But what to name this new sleek sports car...maybe..Supra?"

burnyd
06-25-2007, 08:11 PM
^The Supra will make its way back.

There was a huge article in a car magazine I was reading at the shop when getting my car its safety inspection.

It was a hybrid car, two seater, sports car, removable top, 400 horsepower or something of the rather, of course it was a concept car, but at the end of the article it said..

"But what to name this new sleek sports car...maybe..Supra?"

we have been reading this shit for how long? We have seen all the hype... but until the car is here and not a legend its hard to say.

celicaGT90_05
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
the concept they have for the supra is ugly, why must they insist on wrecking something great?! I've heard there are multiple concepts for the R35 skyline as well, and I saw one pic and it was HIDEOUS, nothing like what the skyline always was

cms-gt4
06-25-2007, 08:37 PM
This is old news.

There are pics of the gtr on the street, at the Ring, broke down at a dealer. Should be on showroom floors by this fall.

Supposed to be two models.
$56k cheap version
Then a $70k somthing version then the Nismo version
$100k.

I like it in some views.

The LF-A is coming out soon too.
The lexus supercar.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=121313?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1 .*
Plus there is the lexus IS-350 F and the new supra.

celicaGT90_05
06-25-2007, 08:56 PM
oops I forgot to take a look at the main topic lol thats the skyline I saw, it looks decent in the vids but I still pretty much hate it, it changes what the skyline was completely which I dont like. The tail lights now look more like vette or cobalt tails rather than a skyline, and the front end is just...nothing that represents a skyline. I dont like it, I just want an R34 and I'll be happy

cms-gt4
06-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Bah. Just get a 350z. They already proved stock for stock it could out run a r34 on a track. The new gtr evolved from the 350z chasis design, plus is lighter.

I think performance wise, it will be nissans best car ever.
The looks are starting to grow on me.
Its not like any of us could afford either the r34 or the new one anyhow.

Here is the Evo version of the GTR
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q307/jijung/EVO2.jpg

celicaGT90_05
06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I love the 350z, and the new skyline is more of the G35 inspiration, though the G35 is basically just a fancier 350z. I still dont like it, they didnt need to make 3 cars that look identical, the skyline was in a world of its own and now its starting to fall in a trend. I hated it when I first saw it, seems like they changed a couple things which makes it look a lot better

celicaGT90_05
06-25-2007, 09:36 PM
This is what I saw when I first saw it, still hideous to me...if they dont have the black run all the way down from the headlights, it looks alright, but I still dont like the big mouth appearance...ehh...I'm just gonna quit the ramble and say I dont like it!

http://www.r35gtr.com/gtr_images1/gtrc115.jpg

I also turned up this result for an R35 skyline which I like a lot more, still has that skyline style. I still prefer the R34, but this ones not bad

http://www.home.no/car-heaven/NISSAN%20GTR%20Skyline%20R35.jpg

celica91gts
06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
is it just me or are newer cars looking uglier and uglier... i dont particularly like the body styling of the new skyline... and has anyone seen pics of the new evo.... damn its an ugly thing....

Azzazzyn
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
This is what I saw when I first saw it, still hideous to me...if they dont have the black run all the way down from the headlights, it looks alright, but I still dont like the big mouth appearance...ehh...I'm just gonna quit the ramble and say I dont like it!

http://www.r35gtr.com/gtr_images1/gtrc115.jpg

I also turned up this result for an R35 skyline which I like a lot more, still has that skyline style. I still prefer the R34, but this ones not bad

^thats not an r35 skyline someone lied to you. The V35 was the next skyline, you know it as a g35. The R chassis was stopped and now their on the V.

celicaGT90_05
06-25-2007, 10:38 PM
guess google lied to me. And the G35 I know looks nothing like that

Azzazzyn
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
google isn't exactly troof. wiki might be a better seach. That looks like an r34 with a slight modification to the headlights

celicaGT90_05
06-25-2007, 10:52 PM
which car are you saying isn't the skyline though? The 2nd one? I would hope it's a freakin skyline since it looks exactly like it! plus says skyline. And the 1st one is the same one you was talkin about originally.

cms-gt4
06-25-2007, 11:38 PM
This is a very old photoshop. A nice one though. I think it came out before the 350z even hit production.

There is an even better shop flaoting around with a g35 with the front end of a q45 (I think). Looks awesome.

Cavanagh
06-25-2007, 11:47 PM
^I like that^

I've seen the New "Supra" If you will. It's called the FT-HS. I was concerned about the looks of it until i saw it at the Chicago Auto Show in Feburary and wow, mmmm BUT IT WILL NEVER COME OUT! :(

celicaGT90_05
06-26-2007, 12:02 AM
for that black car, I saw one that was red too in a different pic, still a photo-chop?

Azzazzyn
06-26-2007, 12:11 AM
^no thats an r34, those headlights on the black one aren't stock. That definatly is not and R35 as they do not exist, thats all.

celicaGT90_05
06-26-2007, 12:21 AM
the new skyline you posted is what the R35 is suppose to be, notice the tag in the pic I posted? If its not an R35 then to me its not even a skyline at all, period.

Here's a pic of an R34, that one you said was an R34 is NOT an R34, the glass and curves are distinctly different, plus the back end comes up too high on the black one I posted

http://www.dp-motorsport.co.uk/images/Skyline_R34_GTR_Vspec_1.jpg

'90 CeLicA Aus
06-26-2007, 02:28 AM
It will be sick, no one should be worrying. I didn't really like the 350z at first either, but it has grown on me. This will just further improve the Skyline legacy....

1990CelicaGT-S
06-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Rumor had it that the newest Supra will only come in automatic. Thats something to make you sad.

Azzazzyn
06-26-2007, 05:11 PM
the new skyline you posted is what the R35 is suppose to be, notice the tag in the pic I posted? If its not an R35 then to me its not even a skyline at all, period.

Here's a pic of an R34, that one you said was an R34 is NOT an R34, the glass and curves are distinctly different, plus the back end comes up too high on the black one I posted

http://www.dp-motorsport.co.uk/images/Skyline_R34_GTR_Vspec_1.jpg
well, its not an r35 cuz there is no such thing. Maybe an r33 converted to r34 stylings. more than likely its a fanboy's photoshop of what he wanted the r35 to look like.

celicaGT90_05
06-26-2007, 05:40 PM
if they want my respect they'll continue it as an R30 somethin, which means R35...I just think they are ruining a legend

Azzazzyn
06-26-2007, 08:23 PM
when the g35 was released, it became the v35

celicaGT90_05
06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
why are they trying to make practically the same car with 3 different names?

'90 CeLicA Aus
06-27-2007, 03:02 AM
WTF us a G35 and a V35??

hobbie2k
06-27-2007, 06:06 AM
WTF us a G35 and a V35??

Nissan uses a letter/number coding system to denote various platforms, ie, the 89-94 240SX is an S13, the 95-98 240SX is an S14. The 90-94 Sentra is a B13, the 89-98 300ZX is a Z32, etc.

V35 refers to the all new Skylines' chassis' and G35 is the actual name of the USDM version of the Skyline.

Also, I've read that the new GT-R is actually not a higher performance version of the 350Z or G35 coupe, it is built on it's own dedicated platform. This was done for two main reasons as I see it, first, Nissan didn't want to dilute the GT-R's image by spinning it off a more pedestrian model, second, one of the major criticisms of the R-series GT-Rs is their large size and heavy weight, a direct result of being built off a midsize sedan platform, Nissan didn't feel that the GT-R would be competitive if it was saddled with that platform.

hobbie2k
06-27-2007, 06:17 AM

The black pic posted is a highly chopped R34. All those differences can be made on the computer quite easily. Also, I believe that pic even predates the end of R34 production, before Nissan announced that there would not be an R35.

Also, the R-series Skyline GT-Rs aren't REAL GT-Rs. The REAL GT-Rs were RWD and used a high revving NA 2.0L inline 6. AWD and Turbos can go fornicate themselves with a pointed stick. Anything else is just a fake :P

http://www.carview.co.jp/magazine/special/2006/06nissan_skyline/take_car/skyline_02/images/01_l.jpg

Then came the first 2-door GT-R

http://www.irex-jp.com/catalog/images/fujimi_minicar_skyline.JPG

celicaGT90_05
06-27-2007, 06:25 AM
its too bad, I wish that one would really be the R35 rather than what they designed. I remember the old skylines, they were pretty cool but my favorite one is the R34, the body form just doesnt really show sports car but its a wicked car

geebes
06-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Soooooo...is it supposed to come to the states or what's the deal?

Azzazzyn
06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
In all technicality, it is the R35, if that makes you happy. It's not a skyline though, it will not carry the skyline name, that is dedicated to the nissan 350gt/g35 as it is a nissan skyline ovr in japan. There are supposed to be 3 different trims of this GT-R startign at $57k with the base, $67k for the V-Spec and $90K for the 500+hp Evo. It is not based of the 350 chassis or anything, it is its own monster and I will test drive them when they drop in the US next year.

geebes
06-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Friggin expensive!! I'm gonna have to get rich quickly!

Azzazzyn
06-27-2007, 06:28 PM
450hp tt v6 and awd for 57k ain't bad if you ask me

geebes
06-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Again, friggin expensive. But, hey if you got the money to spare...U wanna get me one?

Azzazzyn
06-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I can't even afford ramen right now

celicaGT90_05
06-27-2007, 08:10 PM
in that pic I posted of that "GT-R" you had originally posted, it has a tag saying R35GT-R. I have seen the G35 "skyline" but its not really a true skyline. I guess the end of the skyline series is the R34....at least with as much as they refuse to keep their cars titles and structures in order, nissan is driving me insane

Azzazzyn
06-27-2007, 09:03 PM
in that pic I posted of that "GT-R" you had originally posted, it has a tag saying R35GT-R. I have seen the G35 "skyline" but its not really a true skyline. I guess the end of the skyline series is the R34....at least with as much as they refuse to keep their cars titles and structures in order, nissan is driving me insane
is the 7th gen celica not a celica then? did the celica end with the 6th gen 205 over on the other side of the earth? no, the g35 is a true skyline, what makes it not a skyline? the fact that its a g35 here? wait, the s13 over here is a 180sx over there with the coupe version being a silvia with different headlights, then europes 240sx is a 200sx but wait we have a 200sx too in the states, but its basically a sentra what the hell??? The Z32 over here ended production in 1996 but it was built and sold up to the 1999 model in japan and our s13 was in production until 1998 over there. 200sx is a 200 due to its 2.0 sr20 and the 180sx is a 180 due to its 1.8 ca18 and ours is a 240 due to its 2.4 ka24 and the 240z, 280z, 300z and 350z are also what they are due to the displacement. Nissan isn't that clever at naming their cars i guess and thats why people could get confused here and there.

celicaGT90_05
06-27-2007, 09:25 PM
is the 7th gen celica not a celica then? did the celica end with the 6th gen 205 over on the other side of the earth? no, the g35 is a true skyline, what makes it not a skyline? the fact that its a g35 here? wait, the s13 over here is a 180sx over there with the coupe version being a silvia with different headlights, then europes 240sx is a 200sx but wait we have a 200sx too in the states, but its basically a sentra what the hell??? The Z32 over here ended production in 1996 but it was built and sold up to the 1999 model in japan and our s13 was in production until 1998 over there. 200sx is a 200 due to its 2.0 sr20 and the 180sx is a 180 due to its 1.8 ca18 and ours is a 240 due to its 2.4 ka24 and the 240z, 280z, 300z and 350z are also what they are due to the displacement. Nissan isn't that clever at naming their cars i guess and thats why people could get confused here and there.

The celica never changed its name, and the 240sx is not the exact same thing as the silvia, besides the fact that its a nissan too. Would it have really been that hard to call our 240 an S13 silvia and make it the same? No, so why nissan is completely redesigning the skyline and giving it like 2 or different car bases, which the GT-R still is technically a skyline and then the G35 is suppose to be the skyline....though its only RWD and not AWD...wtf! See like you said, nissan is pretty much crap at naming their cars and carrying on what they were. When the celica was rwd it was celica supra was it not? Now that it's simply just a celica, its front wheel drive, or AWD in the higher performance ones. What happened to the simple days when a car had one name? It seems to me nissan is trying to give birth to triplets, but fortunately the 350z is purely 350z, at least I hope so, if they wreck that up I'm gonna punch someone. Sorry if I sounded jumpy there but its kinda hard to explain what I'm saying, I dont think the G35 is a skyline because it doesnt resemble what the skyline use to be, I was ok with the G35 being known as a fancier 350z because it basically was, but not it being a skyline because I just dont see the resemblance, at least the 240 and silvia shared the same body and characteristics

Azzazzyn
06-27-2007, 10:03 PM
The celica never changed its name, and the 240sx is not the exact same thing as the silvia, besides the fact that its a nissan too. Would it have really been that hard to call our 240 an S13 silvia and make it the same? No, so why nissan is completely redesigning the skyline and giving it like 2 or different car bases, which the GT-R still is technically a skyline and then the G35 is suppose to be the skyline....though its only RWD and not AWD...wtf! See like you said, nissan is pretty much crap at naming their cars and carrying on what they were. When the celica was rwd it was celica supra was it not? Now that it's simply just a celica, its front wheel drive, or AWD in the higher performance ones. What happened to the simple days when a car had one name? It seems to me nissan is trying to give birth to triplets, but fortunately the 350z is purely 350z, at least I hope so, if they wreck that up I'm gonna punch someone. Sorry if I sounded jumpy there but its kinda hard to explain what I'm saying, I dont think the G35 is a skyline because it doesnt resemble what the skyline use to be, I was ok with the G35 being known as a fancier 350z because it basically was, but not it being a skyline because I just dont see the resemblance, at least the 240 and silvia shared the same body and characteristics

the dodge srt-4 is not a neon......and don't let luni see you say it is, cuz he'll beat your ass. so the skyline gt-st is not a skyline? the skyline has always come in many different trims and there is a 2L I4 RWD version but does that make it not a skyline now? What you know is the God car, the gt-r vspec II, but what trumps that is the NUR. The NUR's engine pushes out about an extra 45hp from factory. Nissan couldn't bring the silvia tot he US due to emissions which is why it has an NA Ka24 in it instead of the turbo sr. Nissan has said time and time again that the GT-R is not a skyline, even though it holds some aesthetic characteristics of a skyline where the G35 does not. I do believe there is an AWD version of the G series somewhere and with the release of the GT-R there will be a supercharged G35 available.

celicaGT90_05
06-27-2007, 10:23 PM
you are overcomplicating what I'm saying, this argument is going no where, why cant you accept that I hate that they are changing what the skyline was and that it is STUPID to make multiple series of the same car with a different name or rename a car for some stupid reason though its pretty much the same thing? When the skyline was a box, I dont believe it was a nissan at that period of time, it was some sort of other company. And I've studied skyline history so you wont make me beleive it was always a nissan. And the SRT-4 is technically not a neon, but its a neon body and frame and that kinda crap, still a 4 cylinder like the neon. Saying the SRT-4 is no relation to the neon is like saying the SRT-10 ram is no relation to the ram

Azzazzyn
06-28-2007, 01:08 AM
I forget what company it was originally. I'll give up argueing with you for the greater good. I still want a new GT-R

celicaGT90_05
06-28-2007, 03:24 AM
yeah I forget what it was too, something like crown or royal motors, something within that meaning but I cant remember. I mean, the celica is a celica no matter where its sold, thats why I dont get why it has to be G35 here and skyline there, or silvia there and 240 here...is nissan playin favorites or somethin?

Melchior
06-28-2007, 03:38 AM
It was Prince motor Co

And the reason is: Marketing.

There is a lot in a name, and every market of people likes something different, so they change the name everywhere. There may not have been cars not called celica, but look at the trim levels, especially for the Rally replica models: Gt four RC, Gt four Carlos Sainz, Gt four Group A Rallye. Gt four, Alltrac. It's no different.

Azzazzyn
06-28-2007, 04:23 AM
yeah I forget what it was too, something like crown or royal motors, something within that meaning but I cant remember. I mean, the celica is a celica no matter where its sold, thats why I dont get why it has to be G35 here and skyline there, or silvia there and 240 here...is nissan playin favorites or somethin?
yeah its marketing. The GT-R was quoted as being an infiniti over here cuz they were afraid no one would buy a 90k nissan. In the end they decided to make it a nissan for namesake and people would get majorly asshurt at the emblem on the car. the 350z is pushing the nissan price barrier and the g35 is even higher which is why the skyline became an infiniti here. Its still a nissan over in japan though, as I'm pretty sure infiniti isn't over there.

p.s. toyota does it too, look at the altezza.

celicaGT90_05
06-28-2007, 05:39 AM
yeah the altezza...which is where those freakin tail lights came from lol but at least we have a version of it. I dont get why they couldnt have made an american R32, R33, or R34 and maybe name it something different. Oh well shit happens I suppose, like I said I just want an R34 and I'll be happy

Azzazzyn
06-28-2007, 08:36 PM
yeah the altezza...which is where those freakin tail lights came from lol but at least we have a version of it. I dont get why they couldnt have made an american R32, R33, or R34 and maybe name it something different. Oh well shit happens I suppose, like I said I just want an R34 and I'll be happy
emissions and market. kinda why the all-trac didn't continue in the states also, more on the market side and why the silvia died here too, same with the Z and god knows what other car. The US wasn't ready for the imports in the early 90's but now its more acceptable thn ever and I'm sure toyota will get into the dirty game soon enough.

celicaGT90_05
06-28-2007, 09:01 PM
well yeah, they are puttin our domestics out of business, they are strugglin

Azzazzyn
06-28-2007, 09:29 PM
$40k foreign sports cars, a nissan or toyota product anyway just wasn't attractive in the early 90's but its more aceptable now as you said yourself, putting the domestics out of business