PDA

View Full Version : any issues with the 4th gen gtfour?

-=DV=-
02-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Gday all, im buyin a 4th gen gt4...just wondering if any1 knows of any issues to look out for with them?...thanks in advance

cheers

Jaemus
02-09-2005, 05:57 AM
if its got a sunroof - rust around the edges
check the suspension and all the running gear you can - its usually hammered - listen for clunks from the rear diff and look for leaks etc
165's were known for melting their engine bay contents due to inadequate ventilation - usually resulting in electrical problems - so make sure thats all functional

im sure theres a bunch of other stuff i dont really know much specifically about

-==L=a=N=c=E==-
02-09-2005, 06:00 AM
4th gen GT-Four's well your starting to really push the envelope with a car this age.

Electrics has already been mentioned. And also rust in around common area (sunroof 1)

Everything is the same RE the 5th gen GT-Four.

-=DV=-
02-09-2005, 06:25 AM
thanks boys...i checked her out today...and she only has 121000 on the clock...no rust anywhere...everything is basically brand new...she is in better condition than any car ive seen over 3 years old...the gearbox had recently been replaced, the clutch is brand new and not even run in yet and everything is dead stock...seems like a finished restoration job shes so nice...and damn she handles...i have had my 88 sx dropped and hardened and such...but the gtfour makes my sx feel like an old truck with saggy shocks....shes a keeper for sure..thanks again :)