PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard tomorrow!!!!...

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
06-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Tomorrow me and my dad are goin to the yard of junk to mess around...ive never been to one just to check it out for the hell of it to see what there is so im pretty pumped about it...ha...im really really hopin there are some celicas there or at least some parts...maybe some 50 dollar turbos!! haha ya right...im gonna bring something home to make the trip worth it so ill check back in tomorrow night for a show and tell..... :stupid:

celicaGT90_05
06-16-2007, 02:40 AM
a turbo from there will probably run you less than $50, most junk yard motors all together are maybe $100-150. Junk yards are pretty fun to go to to screw around, I want to go to one and get some stuff for my celi! Have fun

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
06-16-2007, 04:55 AM
ya, the screwing around part is what im most excited about ha...i love breaking and building things and just random stuff like that, but i cant afford to just screw around on my celi since its my only car...but ya i hope to have a lotta fun screwin round

92st184
06-16-2007, 05:23 AM
i went to my local junkyard a while back and found an intact 5th gen celica. even the engine seemed complete. the only things missing were the speakers, radio, and wheels. me and my dad took the cable drive assembly from the sunroof, cup holder, and arm rest. it hurt me to take it appart since it was completely intact, but its parts were donated to a good cause....he he.

geebes
06-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Junkyards are fun for the whole family!

celicaGT90_05
06-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Junkyards are fun for the whole family!

damn right! :Ban1:

alltracman78
06-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Look for any 4th gen black interiors for me. :)

a turbo from there will probably run you less than $50, most junk yard motors all together are maybe $100-150. Junk yards are pretty fun to go to to screw around, I want to go to one and get some stuff for my celi! Have fun

Depends where you are.
Down south and in the midwest, yeah.
Up here you're lucky to pay $100 for a turbo.
Usually $150^
Engines are $500^

But yeah, they're fun to pick through.
You get to see all kinds of cool shite.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
06-16-2007, 08:38 PM
ya so i went today and it was pretty fun just messin round with tha padre but i was disappointed to only find 2 5th gen celis there... one was a red st with the black pinstripes down the side then the other was a gt hatch which was gray like 92st184 and alltrac's cars...and i did find a 4th gen celi which was pretty neat but all three of these cars were all torn up inside and out....and the list price for the turbos there were 60 which isnt bad except for the part that every car that most likely had one, obviously was taken off before i got there, exhaust manifold down to the exhaust was ripped out on most of them....but ya, overall it was fun and i plan to go back in the next few weeks...

celicatrd93
06-16-2007, 09:03 PM
so you lost your junkyard virginity :hehe: i love junkyards, i been going for about 8 years, junkyards are gold mines sometimes, i seen at least 40-50 celica's over the years, 2 weeks ago me and my buddy redpunk found a 2002 celica gt-s, we took the dashboard, centerconsole,door stills, pillars, ecu 2zz-ge, rear leahter seats and small misc all for 80 bucks, sold the seats for 160 shipped,pillars for 35, ecu for 40, dashboard for 200 all on newcelica.org, made a nice profit, over the years i bought a complete swap 5sfe, including ecu and harness with 97,xxx for 150 and sold it for 300, thats why whey are gold mines, i found so many things, including turbo's,intercoolers,carbon fiber hoods,b16 swap,rims, exhausts,3sge motors,suspensions, spoilers, radio's etc... ass long as you wait you will find everything, st,louis is the hot spot for junkyard, they have alot of them. i slowed down on the junkyards tho, cause of school and work. i am going to start back going to them.

celicaGT90_05
06-16-2007, 09:46 PM
so you lost your junkyard virginity :hehe: i love junkyards, i been going for about 8 years, junkyards are gold mines sometimes, i seen at least 40-50 celica's over the years, 2 weeks ago me and my buddy redpunk found a 2002 celica gt-s, we took the dashboard, centerconsole,door stills, pillars, ecu 2zz-ge, rear leahter seats and small misc all for 80 bucks, sold the seats for 160 shipped,pillars for 35, ecu for 40, dashboard for 200 all on newcelica.org, made a nice profit, over the years i bought a complete swap 5sfe, including ecu and harness with 97,xxx for 150 and sold it for 300, thats why whey are gold mines, i found so many things, including turbo's,intercoolers,carbon fiber hoods,b16 swap,rims, exhausts,3sge motors,suspensions, spoilers, radio's etc... ass long as you wait you will find everything, st,louis is the hot spot for junkyard, they have alot of them. i slowed down on the junkyards tho, cause of school and work. i am going to start back going to them.

Thats what I wunna do when I go to that one junk yard, after I get everything I need/want for my celica and some things for my other cars, I want to just pick up random good items to sell for a profit

celicatrd93
06-17-2007, 01:17 AM
its always good to know what people need, i dont even get excited anymore when i see a celica at the junkyard cause i don''t need nothing from it.i have only seen one 88 alltrac at the junkyard few years ago, and that sucker was stripped down to the bone. did see a 90 widebody supra few years ago, took the turbo off then left it cause thought nobody has interest in it.

Murgatroy
06-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Look for any 4th gen black interiors for me. :)

You have a 4th Gen now too?

celicaGT90_05
06-17-2007, 05:49 AM
I'm wanting a gray or black interior for mine, and want the alltrac door panels with the big woofers...if I can find some