PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Like Best About Your Celica?

Unisoldier
06-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Hi.
What is it that you like best about your Celica. It might be how some features looks or how things work. Maybe you like its sound, maybe something else. Why do you love your car so much?

What I personally would like to mention, is the front of the vehicle. Especially seen from the side and the front corner, the Celica is extremely sexy - been rubbing against the hood several times :D . The front looks best if the headlights is down if you ask me. When it comes to looks theres not many faults to be find on the car. It might looks a little bit stubby in the back when looking from the side, but just slightly. Its a delight for the eyes. :cool:

VikingJZ
06-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I like my Lexus...

TEAMFaint
06-13-2007, 11:31 PM
1) The 3SGTE
2) The AWD
3) The RHD
4) The mix between luxery/sports car
5) Everything about the styling. Yes. Everything.

burnyd
06-14-2007, 12:01 AM
fuel efficient.
fuel efficient.
fuel efficient.

85gtsblackman
06-14-2007, 12:05 AM
torquey and REAR WHEEL DRIVE

Melchior
06-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't have it if I didn't love the whole package.

Edit: re-reading mine they're mostly talking about the alltrac specifically, but some of them still apply to all Celicas

I think the BEST thing I love about it is how amazingly special it is.
It's not a car created to be the best in any Market
It's not a car created to be the most reliable car ever made (It's made very well, however)
It's not a car created to sell a brand, or a car, or even a company. (Scion xB, i'm looking at you...)

It's not a car created to allow you to ignore it and treat it like an appliance. It demands involvement, care, and consideration.

It's a car created by a group of people who want a car to be something more than a car to them; It's a car that is created to be loved and adored, to be cherished and pampered beacause it's so un-like all of its peers.

It's a car for someone who doesn't buy a car for the destination, the gas mileage, and the warranty.

It's a car for someone who buys a car to drive it.

Sean
06-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Nobody has a clue what it is!

celicaGT90_05
06-14-2007, 12:29 AM
What I like most is the ability to mod it, I dont want to go overboard but I'm gonna do quite a bit to it. Also need the fuel efficiency right now though its hard to get when the car isnt here lol but also, it's a quick little sucker for only having a 5SFE

Ajilon
06-14-2007, 01:26 AM
it's a great curb ornament since I blew mine up!

85gtsblackman
06-14-2007, 01:35 AM
one day man made a 22re

later one day it was replaced by a 3sfe

things went downhill after that :hehe:

Mr Celica
06-14-2007, 01:59 AM
i love the styling. my 1991 doesn't look like its a '91. if you look at other cars that are equivalent 2 door coupe/hatchback 4 cylender sport compacts of the early ninetys, this car has styling unlike any other, that doesn't fade. I still get people who think my car is a 98, they just don't believe me when i tell them its 16 years old. And of course, i love the engines. toyota makes some badass engines that just don't die and last forever. the interior is a good solid build too, with many accesories that are ahead of its time as in automatic climate control and power seats. these just weren't found on other sport compacts. and i love the reliability. the most major thing that i have done to my toyota is the clutch. everything runs perfect and works as it should. show me an early ninetys GM or Chrysler product without any problems. basically, i love everything about my celica, and any other toyota.

Shadowlife25
06-14-2007, 02:09 AM
I love my little turbo doggie :D

I think that the interior is well appointed. Simple, intuitive design, everything is within easy reach.The seats are definitely meant to support, but they are incredibly comfortable on long drives as well. Add to that the fact that they have a wide range of adjustability, and they're suited to most any driver.

Sound system. Even the base model system in my first 5th gen ST sounded great. Other vehicles I have owned haven't had the same thought put into the stereo system as in the Celica. The System 10 that I have now in my AllTrac is pretty darn close to a comp setup for being stock.

AWD. I love it. It challenges me as a driver. I have most always owned RWD vehicles, and as such am very adept in making them do what I want. AWD is still a new beast to me, but I am taking to learning how to operate this system with no small amount of enthusiasm. :D

Engine. It's a great powerplant. Yamaha makes some good sh*t. Given it's age it still impresses me. I don't necessarily care if the vehicle I'm driving is lightning fast. It just needs to feel like it is to me. The AllTrac does exactly that.

Exterior. Something about the 5th gen bodystyle just does it for me. I can honestly say that I don't have any flaws to name.

I'll add to this later as I think up more.

90celicaGTX
06-14-2007, 02:43 AM
its sexy as hell...
powerfull 3sgte
exhaust note
and no one else has them fixed up around my area..
the ride

geebes
06-14-2007, 02:59 AM
I really love the styling, people are so suprised when I tell them my car is a '91. And I totally agree with Sean, not too many people know what it is :)
-reliability
-performance
-gets around awesome in the snow!

Chris
06-14-2007, 03:13 AM
The styling. It's subtle. It looks great, and when you take the time to look at one you'll love it, but it isn't an attention whore either.

It's unique. Not like one of the millions of mustangs, camaros, or firebirds I see on the road everyday. And hell, it'll beat the V6 versions of the last two stock.

No one knows wtf it is. But everyone I've met seems to like it, and everyone I've talked to who's owned one seems to have loved them.

It's a quality car. The interior is attractive, not overdone, not cheap looking, the seats kind of wrap around you, the shifter is smooth, it works beautifully.

It's reliable, and retains value. I've seem them for sale for 2500k, with.... 250k miles on them. That's pretty good. I've seen an average of 4500 to 5000 for any car 150k and under with a good body.

It's not the best car in its class, not, definitely not the quickest, but the car seems to fit me like a glove, and given the history its had in my family I wouldn't trade the thing for anything.

Baffles
06-14-2007, 03:46 AM
Car is great looking, feels great both to sit in and to drive. Out of all the vehicles I have driven, my Celica is by far the most comfortable not only to sit in but actual driving.

It's rock solid, reliable as hell, and lasts forever. It also performs very well in the snow up here in the northeast, considering it's a 2wd car. It's also great on gas. I can't think of too many other cars I'd rather have. It's a shame they are discontinued. :(

tw2
06-14-2007, 04:35 AM
Faster than 95% of the cars that are out there and with exceptional styling

'90 CeLicA Aus
06-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Love it ALL except for the fact it hasn't got a 3SGTE :hehe:

Chris
06-14-2007, 05:09 AM
Oh, and the community. Rock solid, dependable as the car, all around good people.

Don't get me started on the 300zx community. All I had to do was read some of the forums to know that I'd much rather ask my questions at celicatech.com.

MCcelica
06-14-2007, 05:22 AM
I'd say that no matter which celica I was in, 5th, 6th or 7th gen, I've always had a buncha girls tell me they wanna bone in my car.

celicaGT90_05
06-14-2007, 05:37 AM
It's a quality car. The interior is attractive, not overdone, not cheap looking, the seats kind of wrap around you, the shifter is smooth, it works beautifully.

It's reliable, and retains value. I've seem them for sale for 2500k, with.... 250k miles on them. That's pretty good. I've seen an average of 4500 to 5000 for any car 150k and under with a good body.

lol my interior is kinda cheap lookin considering it barely has one, though what it did have was red which I HATE red interiors. Oh yeah and the second part, you said they sell for 2,500,000 bucks for one, typo maybe?

celica91gts
06-14-2007, 05:46 AM
seriously i can go on forever..... not even lying... but the best thing i love about our 5th gens is the body styling..... omfg..... i love round body lines. not one sharp edge, makes it look so clean and sexy.

celicaGT90_05
06-14-2007, 07:15 AM
oh yeah I looove the back end shots of the hatch backs

geebes
06-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Few more things:
-awesome stock suspension
-handles great
-fold down seats=enough room for a mountain bike
-passes the sex-in-car test
-comfortable seats, even for taller people...well, not in the back seats
-Pop-up headlights!
and like Chris said, this site is really excellent, I don't know if it is the people that are attracted to Celicas that have a certain personality, but everyone on celicatech is awesome!

Murgatroy
06-14-2007, 08:13 AM
The handling.

I love the look of the car from the nose. 4th and 5th Gen.

I love the tail of the 4th Gen.

In short though, the cars are a blast to drive. Responsive, predictable and easy to toss.

I abuse my cars. I expect a lot out of them. I take care of them too, but I abuse the hell out of them. The Celicas like it. They like it a lot. I have put Chaos through things that would have killed almost any other car I have owned. She has taken it like a champ. And she still sits outside with her tail wagging when she sees me coming.

I push my cars to the limit of sanity. This is no joke or exaggeration. Ask anyone that has seen me drive. I know what I am doing, and I know what the car is capable of. And these cars are capable of a lot. I have owned almost every desirable Domestic there is. Multiples of some of them. I have owned high horsepower drag strip monsters. I got rid of my last Mustang and bought another Celica. I wanted the Celica for a project over a Mustang. Not because of the availability of aftermarket. Not because of the knowledge base. Not because of lofty goals of high horsepower. I got rid of the Mustang and bought another Celica because I love the Celica Platform. When I buy another personal car for myself, you can safely bet that it will be another Celica.

The Celica may not be the most powerful, the fastest, or the best looking car in the world. But the car was won me over with it's bulletproof reliability, responsiveness, and enthusiasm.

If I had to pick one thing about my Celicas that made me love them. It would be the fact they are Celicas. Everything about the car is awesome. It is a unique platform with a cult following. For a reason.

My love of the car is what has made me, and the rest of you, such devout members of the community. And I say with complete faith, there is not another car based internet community that comes close to comparing with ours.

celicaGT90_05
06-14-2007, 08:32 AM
I abuse the hell out of them. The Celicas like it. They like it a lot.

Is that anything like a dominatrix? :hehe:

Murgatroy
06-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Is that anything like a dominatrix? :hehe:
Very much like it.

MCcelica
06-14-2007, 08:42 AM
It is a unique platform with a cult following. For a reason.

It all just became so clear to me why I have owned 3 different cars and all three of them were a different generation of celica... I'M PART OF A CULT!!!!

Fuelish
06-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Would have to say, as many have, overall styling (5th gens, anyway), as well as, in my case, being able to drop the top - Tennessee weather offers up many many months of top down driving (and when it gets too hot, I just drop the top and crank up the a/c :cool: ). Oh, yeah, and it's the continuation of my Toyota ownership - this is my 2nd Celi, (my first car was a '75 ST - funky lil rwd) and my 4th Toyota (previously had a '91 Tercel we traded in on my wife's '05 Corolla S) ... great company, great cars....and, yes, a great community spirit to be had here at celicatech :cool:

vip09
06-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I like my 7th gen.. it's teh hotness. I like the fact that it works every day.

Cavanagh
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Everything except that it doesnt have a 3SGTE in it.

VikingJZ
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Chris: I've had better answers out of people here than I have at the Lexus forum. My friend Jason claims it's because most of them are stuck up and filthy rich.

My observation tells me that they are clueless assholes.

This one's for you Mr. Club Lexus owner/creator.

They don't allow Ebay links.

Ghey!

I still own a Celica though...so I'm good to ask here.

Umm...

My old 5G (Missing it)--I loved the styling, handling, and the color. I loved how it leaked oil like crazy, but never let me down. I liked how I had a million memories and put nearly 40,000 miles on that car. I also liked how I put less than $500 into it, especially after getting it for free.

My 1972 ST--Styling, ouh and ahh factor, attention getter. I love the rarity, color, and the fact that it's slow as hell, but EVERYONE loves it. Any time I drive it, I get a compliment. Unfortunately, it needs a new clutch master and slave to drive again. It's currently awaiting birthday money and sits across the street. It's going to be my first car into storage.

My SC300--Power, luxury, reliability. I like the RWD factor and hate that it's an automatic. Burnyd knows how much i'm getting my 158 six-speed for, and I'll tell you...it's dirt cheap.

ciento44
06-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I like that mine is an overachiever. (15.9xx in the quarter what?)
I like that the interior is mint.

At the moment, that's about it. At the moment, my car is a rather ugly beast.

VikingJZ
06-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Ben don't forget...you stripped the car before running a 15.9

:D

supra97
06-14-2007, 10:43 PM
I was drawn to the Celica at first because I liked the looks. So ahead of it's time! I then went to www.carsurvey.org and looked up what people thought of the car, how well it ran, it's reliability, etc. I think I found one negative post out of like 70 or more for the 5th gen, and it was over a bunch of leaks and the A/C not working.

I had a 93 that was a write off and now own a 92 GT-S with 229000 kms on it (142000 miles approx.) and it runs as well as my previous 93 which only had 152000 kms on it (94000 miles).

There was no question when I had to buy another car after the write off that it would be a 5th gen Celica. I scoured the ads and found a lot of All-Tracs and even a couple GT-Fours, but sadly I just didn't have enough money. Still, I'm blissfully happy to be sitting in a 5th gen Celica again.

The seats are so comfortable, have taken them for four 5 hour excursions since owning the car and every time was perfectly comfortable.

The engine is so reliable, although I haven't even owned one for a year, they've gotten tremendous reviews on carsurvey and on this site! I am saving for a GT-Four or an All-Trac but I can definitely say that I'm pleased with the 5SFE and FWD for now, it's pretty quick and extremely reliable.

The car has looks ahead of its time. I know what you guys mean when you say you get compliments every time you drive it, or people tell you that it looks a lot newer. The paint withstands time, and the styling is just so much nicer than a lot of the cars pumped out in the earlier 90s with their square looks. Including the Supras of that time...just don't care much for them. I see a LOT of the same styling of the 5th gen Celica in the 94-97 Supra, which is my favorite car, and might explain why I love the Celica's look so much! Toyota was smart in realising the 5th gen had a good body and carrying a lot of strong points over to the Supra and the 6th gen Celica.

Now I'm getting carried away...but what can I say? I love these cars and will probably never step away from owning only Toyota sports cars.

Mr Celica
06-14-2007, 11:05 PM
^^ i drove 12 hours straight a few times in my celica and my back or neck didn't get sore or tired. comfy little cars.

T-spoon
06-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I was drawn to the Celica at first because I liked the looks. So ahead of it's time! I then went to www.carsurvey.org and looked up what people thought of the car, how well it ran, it's reliability, etc. I think I found one negative post out of like 70 or more for the 5th gen, and it was over a bunch of leaks and the A/C not working.

I had a 93 that was a write off and now own a 92 GT-S with 229000 kms on it (142000 miles approx.) and it runs as well as my previous 93 which only had 152000 kms on it (94000 miles).

There was no question when I had to buy another car after the write off that it would be a 5th gen Celica. I scoured the ads and found a lot of All-Tracs and even a couple GT-Fours, but sadly I just didn't have enough money. Still, I'm blissfully happy to be sitting in a 5th gen Celica again.

The seats are so comfortable, have taken them for four 5 hour excursions since owning the car and every time was perfectly comfortable.

The engine is so reliable, although I haven't even owned one for a year, they've gotten tremendous reviews on carsurvey and on this site! I am saving for a GT-Four or an All-Trac but I can definitely say that I'm pleased with the 5SFE and FWD for now, it's pretty quick and extremely reliable.

The car has looks ahead of its time. I know what you guys mean when you say you get compliments every time you drive it, or people tell you that it looks a lot newer. The paint withstands time, and the styling is just so much nicer than a lot of the cars pumped out in the earlier 90s with their square looks. Including the Supras of that time...just don't care much for them. I see a LOT of the same styling of the 5th gen Celica in the 94-97 Supra, which is my favorite car, and might explain why I love the Celica's look so much! Toyota was smart in realising the 5th gen had a good body and carrying a lot of strong points over to the Supra and the 6th gen Celica.

Now I'm getting carried away...but what can I say? I love these cars and will probably never step away from owning only Toyota sports cars.

Hey now, the design for the mkIII supra was from the mid 80s hitting the streets mid-86, it was pretty sleek for its time :)

I still consider celicas and supras close cousins even though they branched into completely different segments. I love the interior and exterior of both. My 6th gen was always fun to drive, to the day I sold it, despite the lack of much power. Celicas rock. If they released a new celica with RWD and some guts.. I would be SO tempted to buy a brand new car, for the first time in a long time.

Idiot Stick
06-14-2007, 11:53 PM
I love the sheer fact that no matter how much money I put into it for repairs, the stress and piss off's in life go away once you open the roof, turn the tunes up and drive.

'90 CeLicA Aus
06-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Everything except that it doesnt have a 3SGTE in it.
LOL copykat :wiggle: It's very true though....

85gtsblackman
06-15-2007, 03:06 AM
factory seats from 1985 (some 84s) are recaro, and feel like u are u are in a recliner, so comfy

it goes sideways

i have toyotas most durable 4 cylinder produced an LASRE style 22re (85-95 engine)

Chris
06-15-2007, 03:19 AM
lol my interior is kinda cheap lookin considering it barely has one, though what it did have was red which I HATE red interiors. Oh yeah and the second part, you said they sell for 2,500,000 bucks for one, typo maybe?

Nah man, no typo. I swapped in a Ferrari v12 with Vtec.

I love the sheer fact that no matter how much money I put into it for repairs, the stress and piss off's in life go away once you open the roof, turn the tunes up and drive.

No shit, I love that about the car. And unlike the z its easy to close everything up if you run into rain.

Chris: I've had better answers out of people here than I have at the Lexus forum. My friend Jason claims it's because most of them are stuck up and filthy rich.

Everytime I started looking up options for a Z31 300zx, whether it be for an engine swap or anything beyond that all I got was shit.

Any mention of putting a V8 in there would get you hounded with cries of being a noob domestic loving traitor.

Or if you asked what your options were a decent amount of the responses were along the lines of "lol quit bein a feg and get da z32 n00b"

What really pissed me off was when I got bored and did a search for Celica and found a thread where someone was going to race a turbo z32 (or maybe a NA z32) against a 7th gen GTS, it was the GTS guy who was posting asking the question about who would win. Aside from the rare responses of "The GTS, has a chance, we'll see" it was mostly about Celicas being girly cars and thus being gay. One of the best was about how a Celica wasn't one of the original Japanese supercars and thus was a piece of shit.

It really wasn't that they were bashing the Celica that bothered me, I see that all the time from retards. It was that it was pretty clear no one knew wtf they were talking about, just that the z32 was God's gift to cars and nothing more. It was pretty sad, at least theres an amount of tolerance and respect for other cars here.

MCcelica
06-15-2007, 04:32 AM
^^ i drove 12 hours straight a few times in my celica and my back or neck didn't get sore or tired. comfy little cars.

I did a 15 hour road trip all in one leg in the 6th gen once. Same deal with that. Not a single crick in the neck.

Berg
06-15-2007, 04:45 AM
The styling (4th gens my favourite), how easy they are to personalize. The other Celica enthusiasts and how they always help out!

Berg

celicatrd93
06-15-2007, 05:22 AM
don't know why but i just love celica's

Ricksta
06-15-2007, 05:57 AM
my 6th gen can rot in hell. the motor is bulletproof, everthing else can go fuck itself. ive hated that car from the get go. what i wouldnt do for my old gts back. i loved that car. leather, power windows, locks, lumbar support. just everything about that car was beautiful.

my 6th gen is ugly,
starter dont work
someone vandalized it and kicked my fender in
i have to push start it everywhere
the latch on the hood broke so it wont close or lock
my window makes a loud SCREEETCH when i roll it down and up
and is slow as balls

fuck you 6th gen, i hope an old lady rear ends you and ends your life so i can buy another 5th gen you piece of shit!

andy
06-15-2007, 06:23 AM
my 3sgte. and the fact that no one else thinks its fast. suckers.

celicaGT90_05
06-15-2007, 06:57 AM
my 3sgte. and the fact that no one else thinks its fast. suckers.

That's foolish, you know 200+ horses is some awesome moving power. I've ran in to people who tell me Ford Probe GT's are slow, which is a load of crap. An old friend of mine had one and it was a quick ass little sucker, plus they are a beast around corners

ciento44
06-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Ben don't forget...you stripped the car before running a 15.9

:D

No sir, sure didn't. Only took out rear seats, rear carpet, and spare tire for that run. I didn't have the tire this year to see what a complete strip would do on good rubber. :hehe: