PDA

View Full Version : Donate to Ajilons' new engine fund !!!

Shadowlife25
06-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Hey there everyone,
For those of you who have been here a while, you know who Gina is. To those who are newer to the site, Gina is a vibrant, caring, intelligent, and most of all colorful woman, who has come to mean much to many of us. She's just great people.
Sunshine aside, she is also incidentally the one who has been making such items for us as, Hooded sweatshirts, tees, tank tops, hats..... you name it!
Well, if you read the other thread posted today, unfortunately her beautiful 'vert threw a rod!
I propose that those who are financially able to donate some $$$ to help get her a replacement motor. It's a 3SFE, so it shouldn't be very expensive (at least compared to a 3SGTE :hehe: ) So I really hope we can help a fellow member out. I have seen many people on this site come through for each other when they were in a pinch. I hope we can do that again, and keep another Celica on the road.

Shadow (Mario)

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Gina nooooooooo!!! Il call you later and Im donating

burnyd
06-13-2007, 02:38 PM
eh I might have a 3sgte usdm ecu laying around here somewhere chances are ill never use it.

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
replacing the 3SFE will be ALOT cheaper than putting a 3sgte in there

burnyd
06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
replacing the 3SFE will be ALOT cheaper than putting a 3sgte in there

really? Its only like a 2 letter difference.

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
really? Its only like a 2 letter difference.

Il take my permanent marker to my wife's vert tonight, but I am not guaranteeing anything.

Berg
06-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I have a 3S-GE sitting in the garage with harness and ECU. It's been sitting for a couple of years so it probably needs a little freshening up, but I'd be willing to donate that.

Cheers,
Berg

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I have a 3S-GE sitting in the garage with harness and ECU. It's been sitting for a couple of years so it probably needs a little freshening up, but I'd be willing to donate that.

Cheers,
Berg

That should drop right in, be able to use her existing Tranny, and now it can be a 89 Celica GTS Vert.

Its a Win-Win situation!

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Gina, I tried calling but you didnt answer :(

do you not love me anymore?

TEAMFaint
06-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Only problem is he is from Calgary, Canada. Meaning duty fees at the border :thumbsdow

Baffles
06-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Send it as a gift and declare a low value?

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Tell em its just a big Brick for her yard!!

Berg
06-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Wouldn't it be more fitting to call it a block?

celicaGT90_05
06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Only problem is he is from Calgary, Canada. Meaning duty fees at the border :thumbsdow

It's a lot cheaper to send to the US than it is to Canada, or so I hear. I believe Canada is pretty strict about what is sent in there

Berg
06-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Let me know if you want to use my engine for this and I'll start hunting down the fiddly bits like the MAF, distributer, fuse boxes, etc (engine's in the garage, smaller bits are in my spare room). The engine was working fine when it was removed from the car June 15, 2005 at about eight in the evening. It has since sat under a plastic sheet in the garage. I do not know where she lives so I do not know how much it will cost to ship.

Cheers,
Berg

ciento44
06-13-2007, 08:05 PM
She lives in Alabama.

I'll make some phone calls tomorrow before i head out to Brickyard junkyard again to look for parts for a certain POS Galant VR4, and see what kind of prices they can get me for the following:

3sfe, 5sfe, and 1mzfe. I got quoted a few months ago for $800 for a 1mzfe, so i can't imagine that either of the others would be that much.

Luni
06-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Berg, what 3SGE is it?

Berg
06-13-2007, 10:33 PM
First gen. Sorry nothing exciting. Came out of a 1987 Celica GT-S. North American model.

Luni
06-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Thats still awesome of you to want to help out man.

3sgte@daspeedof
06-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I'll donate just let me know when it gets started.

celicaGT90_05
06-14-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm pretty sure she'd just like to have the car running again, and not caring what motor it is lol

Kiasis
06-14-2007, 08:08 AM
How do we donate? Can someone set up a PayPal so we can cover the shipping of Berg's 3sge?

MCcelica
06-14-2007, 08:50 AM
If I can donate I will, just gotta see how things are going to line up.

Shadowlife25
06-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I was actually hoping maybe the Luni man would be so kind as to manage the funds. :)
I just hadn't gotten around to sending him a PM yet.

By the way, you guys all just continue to amaze me with your generosity and willingness to help eachother out. I love you all. I mean that.

Thank You,
Shadow (Mario)

Berg
06-14-2007, 03:26 PM
How do we donate? Can someone set up a PayPal so we can cover the shipping of Berg's 3sge?

If you check out the other thread on this topic you'll see that she found a better engine that is closer to her :)

Cheers,
Berg

Ajilon
06-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow. you guys are all amazing.
We're still not sure if we can make this swap work. Either one is going to be a hell of an undertaking. I'm trying to work out which is going to be more doable. I have options here but it all boils down to which idea is going to be the most cost effective. I put all my money (and then some) into rebuilding that engine and then fixing my daughters GTS to make it safe for her. I knew when I threw that rod that there was no way I'd be able to afford to put that car back on the road. It killed me. I just stood there and cried.

vip09
06-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Gina.. there are always SEVERAL 3S-FE's at the junk yard that Andy and I go to. Maybe one of us could stop by there and see if we could pick up a shortblock that is in good shape. It should cost under $100.

I do have a spare 2zz-ge that's sitting in my yard and a 3s-gte with forgies that's on the engine stand.. but I'm not THAT nice! :hehe:

But on a serious note, if we can find a block for cheap down here, I wouldn't mind making the trip up there to help you out. It's only like 4 hours.

MCcelica
06-14-2007, 08:49 PM
I might be able to send some chips somebodies way next week. Not lookin too likely this week though.

donteatbugs
06-15-2007, 12:51 AM
i have a 5sfe that ran out of oil with a broke rod. it has a good head i think though.

mtp_69_i
06-15-2007, 01:22 AM
The 3sge swap will be as tough as a 3sgte swap. The wiring is different. If you want an easy swap just grab another 3sfe, otherwise I'd go all the way and grab a 2nd or 3rd gen 3sgte. Don't spend time and money on the 1st gen 3sge for all the work it wouldn't be worth it. It is a very kind offer though.

where are the paypal details? What sort of money are you looking at needing to raise? A reasonable 3sfe shouldn't cost too much.

85gtsblackman
06-15-2007, 02:48 AM
esiest safest upgraded swap would be a 90-91 5sfe

mtp_69_i
06-15-2007, 04:03 AM
how easy is a 5sfe --> 4th gen swap? I've not read about many except Rockstarzeus's swap with a 5sfe block + 3sge head.

tippycanoe2
06-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Wow! I can hardly believe this is the internet. I haven't been around for long, but I am consistently amazed at how tight-knit and helpful celicatech is. An automotive forum is the LAST place I would ever expect to find such an inclusive community. You are all awesome.

Luni
06-15-2007, 07:55 PM
I will manage the funds.

admin@celicatech.com

extremeskillz
06-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Wouldn't it be more fitting to call it a block?

Or lawn ornament that runs.

donteatbugs
06-16-2007, 01:46 AM
^ wouldnt that be like a grarden knome

i will have to wait till next week to see if i can donate yet. i have to have money in the bank for direct withdrawls.

vip09
06-16-2007, 05:54 PM
I talked to Andy. He went to the junk yard the other day and there were like 5 complete 3s-fe's that looked to be in good shape.

Gina, just let us know if you would like one and we will bring it up next month. :)

celicatrd93
06-16-2007, 06:51 PM
wow, you guys are really nice for someone you barely know with ,i am not being rude or argue with anybody, but she is a grown women, she should be able to go to a junkyard and a get a block for a 100 bucks instead of half the site helping her out and donating money and motors. i guess its good to be a women times like this at this site :hehe:don't see no one else getting special treatment but hey do what you gotta to do, not my business.

Cavanagh
06-16-2007, 07:07 PM
It's not because she is a woman or anything like that. The people here are just very nice and like to help each other. If they have a problem, they know that the people they've helped will be here with them. I Disagree with the woman statement. What about Playfortoday? He was in a hard time and peopled got a donation going for him and 1Sloceli flew across the country to help him with putting in his clutch...

This is just a good,strong community. And be ready for a deserved flame coming :hehe:

Oh and they do know each other from the not here but the dragon meet.

celicatrd93
06-16-2007, 07:22 PM
just joking with the women statement, so they hung out for a day or two at the dragon meeting,and posted on a few thread still does not mean you really know the person well. not looking to argue just saying what i feel, of course it is really nice of the celicatech people to help out, that is really nice, just don't understand her specialtly for all the help, when she is a new member, i understand playfortoday and 1sloceli they have been members for a long time and friends,.in the end you guys are really great for helping out.

andy
06-16-2007, 07:47 PM
a short block 3sfe from barrys is 75 bucks. and itll fit in my hatch.

Borinal
06-16-2007, 11:10 PM
wow, you guys are really nice for someone you barely know with ,i am not being rude or argue with anybody, but she is a grown women, she should be able to go to a junkyard and a get a block for a 100 bucks instead of half the site helping her out and donating money and motors. i guess its good to be a women times like this at this site :hehe:don't see no one else getting special treatment but hey do what you gotta to do, not my business.

Except, PLAY, LUNI, and TODD... etc.....

She just finished spending a lot of money doing the re-build thing, she doesn't want to again. I wouldn't either.

She will get it fixed eventually regardless. The community wants to help out given the situation and what she has done for us. You have no idea how much time and effort she has invested in our hoodies, shirts, and other things. Anyways, don't be so ignorant, that's a pretty rash statement to make.

Murgatroy
06-17-2007, 12:26 AM
You sir, don't quite grasp the feeling of community.

celicatrd93
06-17-2007, 01:04 AM
you guys are right,sorry, its none of my business, that was rude of me, good luck with, you guys are really great for helping out.

Ajilon
06-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Andy: I've pm'd you.

Celicatrd... it's cool. These people are just like that. When they care, they care deeply no matter what. However, I do want to clarify that no... it's not like we all hung out for a day or 2. Some of these people here are very good friends of mine. Some of them I'm rather personal and intimate with. Some I spend hours on the phone with and some I've done some pretty intricate work for and didn't charge them shit. These guys know I'd give the shirt off my back to any of them if they needed it, or at the very least, make them a new one. I've opened my home to several and I'm fixing to do that again in about a month. These guys know alot more about me than what's aired out on this board. And there's alot more that goes on behind the scene than you're aware of. It's not like I'm getting special treatment (though I was rather surprised) it's more like they give a shit and want to do something to make the situation a little easier for me. Everyone here knows how much I poured into that car. They also know I'm not in a financial position to fix it and I won't be for a long time. Bottom line is, these people would do that for alot of these members. They care about me and for that, I'm greatful. And when they're in trouble, you can bet I'll be first in line to help them out in any way that I can.

Yes, I could buy a block for $100 from the junkyard and spend more time rebuilding another engine to have it fail too. However, since my motor is trashed from the cam to the crank, I don't see that block doing me a whole lot of good.

celicatrd93
06-17-2007, 02:32 AM
you are right, i was just talking without knowing anything, sorry was not trying to be rude, they are really nice friends, good luck with it. hope everything works out. sorry to be rude.

Shadowlife25
06-17-2007, 05:01 AM
I started this thread to help a FRIEND. My friends are the family I choose. I don't care where they happen to be. If I am able to help a friend in some way no matter how small, I will do it.

From here on, please only post with new info or help/questions directly related to the thread topic. DO NOT throw in your .02 to try and boost your post count.

Shadow-

andy
06-17-2007, 06:29 AM
i have a ok condition 5sfe head and manifold. ill talk to you tommorw perhaps gina.

The Captain
06-18-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm going to check NAD auto today to see if they have any nice 3sfe's.

Just got back. They haven't unloaded the new shipment yet. I'll check back in a few days.

Kiasis
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Has someone established a way to donate and determined how much is needed? I wanna see pictures of Gina's 'new' vert w/ wheels turning asap.

This project is a poster-child for how people can be good to each other whether they know each other personally or not, so let's git'er done!