PDA

View Full Version : I'm devastated :(

Ajilon
06-13-2007, 04:31 AM
What is wrong with this picture?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/ajilon_photos/06-12-07_1303.jpg

I can't believe I'm typing this, and for the life of myself, I don't know what happened. With less than 5K on a rebuild, my 4th gen with it's 3SFE literally flew apart on the highway yesterday. There was no indication of anything wrong. We were cruising at about 85mph and suddenly the temperature rose and the oil pressure dropped. The engine seemed strong right up to the point of death. There was no smoke. No loss of power. Nothing. Just POOF... gone and then the awful sound of the rod knocking. What you're looking at is the hole where the #4 piston disintegrated and threw a rod though the bottom of the block. I was speechless. Anyone who knows me here knows I poured my heart and soul into that car, having rebuilt that engine after cracking the original head, I replaced EVERYTHING and every bolt was torqued to spec and double checked. No doubt, I did something wrong, but I just can't figure out what. I don't understand what happened here. My best guess is the head gasket blew. You can see where the oil flew out of the back of the motor and the upper radiator hose was literally sucked in causing a vapor lock. I don't know and I won't know until I tear it apart. In any case, the engine isn't salvageable at all. I'm 99% sure that piston slapped the valves and the remains lie in the crank, scoring just about everything in sight. We just stood there along the side of the road and wept. I was heartbroken.

Blackcloud
06-13-2007, 04:33 AM
fawk!

Cavanagh
06-13-2007, 04:47 AM
Yea that sucks. Sorry to hear that. :( But i'm guessing you could most likely pick up a 3sfe for pretty cheap, or a 3sgte :D Anyhow, im sorry to hear that since you have rebuilt the whole engine...damn best of luck.

Baffles
06-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Holy shit thats horrible. I'm sorry. :(

Smoking you out
06-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Dang girl.. that really sucks....

Guess you'll just have to upgrade now.. didn't you once tell me there is a turbocharged engine that will bolt right in??

geebes
06-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

hobbie2k
06-13-2007, 06:04 AM
Sorry to hear that. Sometimes rebuilds just go wrong.

amx
06-13-2007, 06:14 AM
ugh...On a fresh rebuild, too? that really hurts. I'm sorry :(

burnyd
06-13-2007, 06:20 AM
oh snap
crackle
pop..

this is why I try to find junkyard motors with lower mileage.

MCcelica
06-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Maybe a connecting rod blocking up the oil flow? That's what happened with my lady's car when that exact same thing happened to her. Cept she lucked out and didn't blow a hole in her block with anything. That blows gina. GL with that.

celicaGT90_05
06-13-2007, 07:17 AM
man that is crazy, but I dont see how a blown head gasket would cause somethin like that, usually it just causes overheating. Are you gonna get a new motor?

Ajilon
06-13-2007, 03:45 PM
man that is crazy, but I dont see how a blown head gasket would cause somethin like that, usually it just causes overheating. Are you gonna get a new motor?

a blown HG is our best guess at this point. I really won't know what happened until I pull the motor and tear it down to figure out what happened. If nothing else, I want the piston that caused all the carnage.

Several people have asked me if I'm going to get a new motor. I'd like to think yeah, but realistically, I don't know. I just can't afford another right now and it'll be quite some time before I can. I'm not in a position to have a dead car sitting here for another 2 years. Luni: Please don't yell at me again - but I stand on it. If I can't source an engine with reasonable miles on it and an affordable price, I'll have no choice but to part it out and send the rest away. She's given me 11 years and 230K miles. How much more can I ask? I'm heartbroken to the point that I'm sick. Borinal and I just stood there in disbelief as we had no indication anything was wrong until it was just too late. I loved this car more than anything else. I couldn't even bring it home because I couldn't bear to look at it every day knowing what lies ahead. I poured my heart and soul into it and I just don't know if I can do it again to end up with a similar result a 3rd time.

MR2Guru
06-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Its a sign from above, YOU NEED TURBO! ;)

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 04:49 PM
OMFG ITS MR2guru! he hath spoketh!

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Gina, I tried calling but you didnt answer :(

do you not love me anymore?

Ajilon
06-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Chris, I was still in bed. I'm up now :D

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Woot!!!

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I cant call now :(

85gtsblackman
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
i told u what happened

u reused your old rear main seal dont reuse seals/gaskets

still serchering for u an engine

celicaGT90_05
06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
a blown HG is our best guess at this point. I really won't know what happened until I pull the motor and tear it down to figure out what happened. If nothing else, I want the piston that caused all the carnage.

Several people have asked me if I'm going to get a new motor. I'd like to think yeah, but realistically, I don't know. I just can't afford another right now and it'll be quite some time before I can. I'm not in a position to have a dead car sitting here for another 2 years. Luni: Please don't yell at me again - but I stand on it. If I can't source an engine with reasonable miles on it and an affordable price, I'll have no choice but to part it out and send the rest away. She's given me 11 years and 230K miles. How much more can I ask? I'm heartbroken to the point that I'm sick. Borinal and I just stood there in disbelief as we had no indication anything was wrong until it was just too late. I loved this car more than anything else. I couldn't even bring it home because I couldn't bear to look at it every day knowing what lies ahead. I poured my heart and soul into it and I just don't know if I can do it again to end up with a similar result a 3rd time.

I understand, I'd feel the same if that happened to me. Just out of curiosity, if you dont get it fixed why not sell the whole car as a whole to someone who would be willing to get a new motor for it? Then shes not completely gone

Azzazzyn
06-13-2007, 07:42 PM
I'll join joe in the hunt, i'm junkyard hunting for my own car anyway. Engines only cost $150 at the junkyards I roam

celicaGT90_05
06-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I could probably get one for $60 if I lived out in PA. In a few months when I head back out that way I plan to visit this yard www.wegotused.com, but that wont be for a while...

ciento44
06-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Gina, if you want this thing fixed for cheap, roam the junkyards and try to find another, although to be honest, at this point, i wouldn't put anything less than a 5sfe in there.

Good thing they're cheap.

3sgte@daspeedof
06-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your luck gina, seems like things happen in threes, as i think I blew my bottom end last night after just getting the motor back up and running. Who else is going to break a motor today. I know exactly how you feel really.

Futant3
06-13-2007, 09:26 PM
unbelieveable!! I know the feeling but you cannot sell this car. The odds are much too high that it would end up in the hands of someone who can't truly appreciate it. Just chalk it up to the costs of learning and keep moving forward.

T-spoon
06-13-2007, 09:32 PM
i told u what happened

u reused your old rear main seal dont reuse seals/gaskets

still serchering for u an engine

Ouchzor. If that rear main failed and spewed oil rapidly, I could easily see that tearing up a bearing fast. :( But ya know, hard to say for sure what caused it, these things happen.

Borinal
06-13-2007, 09:36 PM
unbelieveable!! I know the feeling but you cannot sell this car. The odds are much too high that it would end up in the hands of someone who can't truly appreciate it. Just chalk it up to the costs of learning and keep moving forward.
She's talking about parting and junking it. That's worse. =P

Borinal
06-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Ouchzor. If that rear main failed and spewed oil rapidly, I could easily see that tearing up a bearing fast. :( But ya know, hard to say for sure what caused it, these things happen.
Yeah, the do. I'd still want to know too. I understand that part of it. But they do happen, gotta move on, can't change it. Try to find out what happened and fix it.

Ajilon
06-13-2007, 09:46 PM
ok. I have a 3SGTE available to me. I don't know all the details yet, but I do know I need an intercooler, pump and ST165 wiring harness for it. If I can source these parts and the money, I can fix the car for about the same as I can drop a used 3SFE back into it. What do you guys think?

T-spoon
06-13-2007, 09:53 PM
ok. I have a 3SGTE available to me. I don't know all the details yet, but I do know I need an intercooler, pump and ST165 wiring harness for it. If I can source these parts and the money, I can fix the car for about the same as I can drop a used 3SFE back into it. What do you guys think?

:bigthumbu If you can be sure it's in good shape and not going to cause you more than the usual headaches.

Yeah Dave, I agree, I would definitely want to know what happened. I did have a motor do a similar thing (though not nearly so violently) and we never did find out exactly what happened (theories yeah, but nothing concrete) which still bugs me.

celica9303
06-13-2007, 10:04 PM
sorry this happened. good luck
+1 for the 3sgte

Ajilon
06-13-2007, 10:09 PM
it would be coming from MR2Guru. I trust everything he tells me about it. No way would Harry or Mindy steer me wrong. We're going to trade embroidery services for said motor, which leaves me at scaring up money for the parts that are missing on it. A 3SGTE is my first choice but really just didn't seem doable until they offered this one up. I'd be a fool to pass it up.

Personally, I think that since Borinal broke it, he should come help me fix it! :hehe:

2kSnakEater
06-13-2007, 10:19 PM
I would trust MR2Guru with anything, he will be the one re-building my All-Trac's head when I have the $$ to do it with.

Luni
06-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Wait till we get his engine working right, then he will know how to do it.

Otherwise you got a total n00b on your hands and youd be fixing it while he scratched his balls and ass looking (jk davey poo! :p)

Detail Gina didnt put in here, the car is at a shop right now being stored, and she is total good friends with the people who run the shop. Anyway homeboy pulled out the spark plugs and said they were WHITE. Which means she was running lean. Which means high cylinder pressures and temps. Also the oil came out the BACK of the engine. Like, think head gasket? I think so.

My guess is she ran lean, she maybe popped a ringland or a piston and that blew the headgasket and the pressure pushed a lot of oil out (ive seen that happen before), and once she lost enough down low, she spun that bearing).

But I am pretty sure whatever caused it is related to her running lean. And since she has no emissions where she lives, there is no way for her to have known really. I drove the car on the Dragon, and it ran fine. Temps were fine, oil pressure was fine. But something went wrong. And it could have been a clogged injector, a faulty FPR, a vacuum leak at the FPR, something, anything. Dunno.

Just thinking out loud. I was talking to her about it for a few hours last night. I want pictures of those spark plugs.

Borinal
06-13-2007, 10:31 PM
it would be coming from MR2Guru. I trust everything he tells me about it. No way would Harry or Mindy steer me wrong. We're going to trade embroidery services for said motor, which leaves me at scaring up money for the parts that are missing on it. A 3SGTE is my first choice but really just didn't seem doable until they offered this one up. I'd be a fool to pass it up.

Personally, I think that since Borinal broke it, he should come help me fix it! :hehe:
Oh it's on, I just don't know if you're willing to waitor can wait until the end of July for me to come help with it. ^_^

Ajilon
06-13-2007, 10:48 PM
that's not that far off. might take me that long to source parts for the 3SGTE

Mr Celica
06-13-2007, 10:49 PM
so sorry to hear about your troubles

3sgte@daspeedof
06-13-2007, 10:57 PM
I know where there is a 165 harness and ecu, guy wants 150cnd for it.
Company is called "eagle japan motors" in mississauga canada. I can get you the number for him if you want.

Ajilon
06-13-2007, 10:58 PM
yeah get me the number. I have ECU. just need the harness

InitialD93
06-13-2007, 11:02 PM
i have a pump, Intercooler top tank, and front core from my old 165 that are yours if u can pay for shipping... call my cell... 270-556-0451

Borinal
06-13-2007, 11:11 PM
that's not that far off. might take me that long to source parts for the 3SGTE
Well I will definitely help you do the swap. ^_^

Luni
06-13-2007, 11:15 PM
As long as the harness and everything is all lined up in a row, this swap will be straight forward as fuck.

T-spoon
06-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Heh, you know Gina, this looks like it could possibly end up being one of the better terrible things to have happened to your car :hehe:

Borinal
06-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Heh, you know Gina, this looks like it could possibly end up being one of the better terrible things to have happened to your car :hehe:
You can thank me for blowing it up Gina. =P

j/k, everyone is helping out so much, this community is great. (not to mention you'er a GREAT girl and MORE than worthy of the assistance) These people fucking love you.

donteatbugs
06-13-2007, 11:41 PM
with everyone thats gonna be there in july we could have the whole thing done in a day.

Sean
06-13-2007, 11:53 PM
I have an ATA intercooler that you could have. Need some kind of hood scoop though :)

Ajilon
06-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Wow... guys.. I'm truely overwhelmed. I guess I didn't realize that many people cared about me. I'm about to the point of tears. You guys are completely awesome. I love you all! You all mean the world to me!

3sgte@daspeedof
06-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Eagle Japan motors, they are closed at 6pm eastern but you can call them tommorow. If he won't ship to you, let me know before you pay for it, and I'll see what I can do.

905-282-2221
905-238-8866

andy
06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
GINA THAT SUCKS! hrmmm if you need swap help, I have experience with my celica and the swap, It really not that hard. And would be happy to help you out. So are we still meeting up there for kotah and philly on the 14th or 15th of july?

Alabamians UNITE!!!!!!!!!

hahahha, i <3 you gina!

Ajilon
06-14-2007, 09:41 AM
yeah I just got off the phone with Kotah. We're trying to put together a plan there.

The only thing I'm still sourcing for this swap is a harness. Not sure about the wiring and all. Tweak could mold them together for me and make them plug and play, but I'm looking at about $400 for him to do that. No doubt it's worth it and would make the swap alot easier though. Smoking you Out is willing to go pick up the motor and bring it to me and InitialD93 has all the other parts I need. it's down to this and a gasket kit to freshen the engine. can anyone think of anything else I should need or should do? I should mention that this motor has been sitting for 3 years.

Andy, Would you be willing to come to Bham and help me drop this in? I've never done a swap before. It would be good to have someone handy who has done it before. Assuming I can't come up with the money to get Tweak to do the wiring, how much do you know about it?

Murgatroy
06-14-2007, 09:56 AM
This community continues to amaze me.

What are we missing to complete this swap?

balagast
06-14-2007, 01:44 PM
I could probably get one for $60 if I lived out in PA. In a few months when I head back out that way I plan to visit this yard www.wegotused.com, but that wont be for a while...

At the place he's referring to there is a 3sge that is in good shape... the tranny was shot on the car, but the engine looked ok. Its in hazelton, PA "Harry;s U pull It"

2kSnakEater
06-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Gina, have you called Ricky? Im not 100% sure but I think he should have the Mr. Tweak swap harness from his 93 GT.

T-spoon
06-14-2007, 02:05 PM
yeah I just got off the phone with Kotah. We're trying to put together a plan there.

The only thing I'm still sourcing for this swap is a harness. Not sure about the wiring and all. Tweak could mold them together for me and make them plug and play, but I'm looking at about $400 for him to do that. No doubt it's worth it and would make the swap alot easier though. Smoking you Out is willing to go pick up the motor and bring it to me and InitialD93 has all the other parts I need. it's down to this and a gasket kit to freshen the engine. can anyone think of anything else I should need or should do? I should mention that this motor has been sitting for 3 years.

Andy, Would you be willing to come to Bham and help me drop this in? I've never done a swap before. It would be good to have someone handy who has done it before. Assuming I can't come up with the money to get Tweak to do the wiring, how much do you know about it?

I'll knock an OEM gasket kit and other incidentals down as close to cost as I can get away with (probably ~ $200), just let me know. Only problem with it is that it would take several weeks it looks like. If it's a 165 engine (it is right?) then that kit's on the verge of being discontinued. Can always get whatever seals are needed separately of course.

Unisoldier
06-14-2007, 02:23 PM
"That sucks" is probably an understatement. Sorry to hear anyway. But Im sure that everything will be fine. It seams like theres a lot of people around here that know where to get hold of parts and accesories you need to fix your vehicle. If your lucky you might live nearby other members that could help you with the labour too. In any case we will be here in the forum and back ya up any way we can, with manualls knowledge and so on. Hang in there bud.

Ajilon
06-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Gina, have you called Ricky? Im not 100% sure but I think he should have the Mr. Tweak swap harness from his 93 GT.

yeah I've talked to him. his is a gen ll, this one is 1st gen. I don't think it'll work.

Playfortoday
06-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I missed this thread. Sorry to hear, Gina. :(

So what is on your needs list? I am confused as hell after reading all this.

Like Murg said, this place continues to amaze me. All you have to do if give your heart to the community and the community will give it back. That goes for everybody here. We can't fix everyones car on this site, but if you truly have given yourself to the site and people can recognize that through your actions, it does come back.

Ajilon
06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Play,

MR2Guru and I are going to swap services. He wants hoodies like I did for Ctech. I'm going to make him his in exchange for a 1st 3SGTE (st165). It's missing some stuff though. It has an ECU and turbo on it.

InitialD93 is going to hook me up with an intercooler, water pump and whatever other small parts are needed.

Smoking You Out is willing to go retrieve the motor for me so we don't have to ship it.

I'm down to just a wiring harness, a means to make the harness work in my 4th gen, hoses for the IC, and gaskets and seals to refresh the motor since it's been sitting for 3 years. This is what I know of so far. I'll post more info on the motor after I talk to Harry and know what I'm dealing with.

Shadowlife25
06-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Well Gina, seems like I told you this would all work out dint I? ;)

4thgenceli
06-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Damn..

Beer for everyone. This is awesome. I really fuckin wish I could help out (I swear I would). Well, actually I can!!! Want a turbo timer?

Berg
06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
All the way up here I'm afraid that all I can offer is an Autometer mechanical boost gauge. Would you like it? Oh, and I think I have an mechanical oil pressure and A/F gauge as well. If you want them, let me know and I'll send them down.

Cheers,
Berg

(I think I have a water temp gauge as well, but no sensor, if you want that let me know and I'll go pick one up) I'll check and let you know for sure tonight.

Schmleff
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I have a stack of 4th gen alltrac parts. What do you need?

Sorry to hear about blowup. There is no way to tell what really happened without taking it apart, but I doubt it was a head gasket (or any other oil loss for that matter). The rods would have been knocking before the blow. The engine will also require more throttle as things start to stick together (don't ask how I know).

As far as being lean, again, I don't really see how that could have done it. Even if you break a ring or burn a hole in a piston, it still does not break a rod without giving notice.

I prematurely vote rod failure from defect.

2kSnakEater
06-14-2007, 04:10 PM
yeah I've talked to him. his is a gen ll, this one is 1st gen. I don't think it'll work.

It will plug right up, my 92 ST185 had a Gen1 3sgte in it and previous doushe bag used the original wiring harness that was not only a gen2 wiring harness but it was the post-revision gen2 engine.

I dont know about the ECU thought, since my Gen1 motor was being ran with the Gen2 ecu

3sgte@daspeedof
06-14-2007, 04:15 PM
she would need a gen 2 harness and gen 2 ecu.

4thgenceli
06-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Damn..

This is gonna be another fuckin Ctech car!!!

3sgte@daspeedof
06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Did you call eagle japan yet?

3sgte@daspeedof
06-14-2007, 04:32 PM
ok so i called for you he wants 100cnd for it. but doesn't want to ship it, I know I can get it shipped through my company at work here, but I would have to ship it via regular shipping.

celicaGT90_05
06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
At the place he's referring to there is a 3sge that is in good shape... the tranny was shot on the car, but the engine looked ok. Its in hazelton, PA "Harry;s U pull It"

That would be cool if someone could get it, like I said it's gonna be a while before I can get out there

4thgenceli
06-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I think she's already gettin a 3sGTE...

celicaGT90_05
06-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I saw her say that then say more about how she's not sure, so I unno

Berg
06-14-2007, 07:37 PM

You've mentioned gaskets/seals, other than that it would just be the standard tune up stuff (belts, plugs, wires, dizzy, etc.). Personally I would remove the spark plugs and put a little oil in each cylinder and turn the engine by hand just to make sure that nothing is binding. Mind you if you have it taken apart enough to replace seals/gaskets, this shouldn't be an issue. I would also check the water and oil pumps while they are easily accessable. And before I put any engine in a car, I like to get a little engine paint on it, make it look pretty. Just my two cents.

Berg

donteatbugs
06-15-2007, 01:05 AM
what about a clutch? does it come with one or will the 4th gen one work?

85gtsblackman
06-15-2007, 02:44 AM
i got to thinking, and im thinking u lost a wrist pin(s), ive seem that happen before and thats what happend only a lil worse , it was on a 5mge,

1990CelicaGT-S
06-15-2007, 03:03 AM
Wow Gina, thats horrible. Kind of scary too because my motor rebuild is going to be started for the first time tomorrow night (Wish me luck).

You might not need them but I have a shed full of 5th gen parts. So if you need something, anything just let me know and it's yours. Good luck.

-Matt

85gtsblackman
06-15-2007, 03:08 AM
hey 90 can u tell me what u have, what ever gina dont need my frients vert probally does

1990CelicaGT-S
06-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Thier going to have to throw a rod through the block first...haha, not really. What parts are needed?

Berg
06-15-2007, 04:15 AM
Alright, I went to the garage and grabbed the gauges. I have mechanical boost/vac, mechanical oil pressure, water temp, and Air/Fuel. I know it's not much, but if you want them they're yours! I'll send them with the needed sensors and lines.

Cheers,
Berg

donteatbugs
06-15-2007, 05:37 AM
i have a universal 2 gauge pod you can have as well...its not much but it will hold a gauge till you have the money to get one that fits the a pillar. ill bring it up in july.

Hiko
06-15-2007, 05:53 AM
I have a clutch kit made for a st165 for the cause if you need it. I don't know if the disk would work, but the pressure plate would. It's an unused exedy kit.

andy
06-15-2007, 06:26 AM
ill be glad to help you out. perhaps we can get ben to come to. I know how to wire in a 5th gen 3s. the 4th im not familiar with, but with the diagrams it should be easy. Keep me in touch with the kotah plan, i already requested off the 14th and 15th of july to hang with you guys. so ill be going to bens at the least those days. lmk

Luni
06-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Disk works. PP and TOB wont work Hiko.

Gina, get with 2ksnake and see what he can get Ricksta to sell that harness and ECU for. He cant use the harness with the MR2.

I also think that running lean wouldnt necessarily cause immediate failure, but I believe over time it could harm or prematurely damage a bearing, or wristpin or something to that effect.

I know you can run a 165 off a 2nd gen harness and ECU, but there IS some rewiring required, but since it has to be wired anyway, it might work just as good.

Hiko
06-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Huh, kinda thought a 1st gen 3sgte PP would work on a 1st gen 3sgte. Meh. She can can have just the disk if it'll help out.

Luni
06-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Lets see.

She will be running 3SGTE and 3SGTE flywheel. She will be using...

Oh yeah youre right.

3SGTE PP will work, but the disk needs to be like a 5SFE/3SFE disk

Ajilon
06-15-2007, 11:46 PM
I think I'm going to need a list of what all I'm going to need to pull this swap off so I can source parts and a budget. I'm freaking broke as hell right now. This was a REAL bad time in my life to have my car lie down on me. No matter what I put in there or how I slice it, it's not looking good for me.

Cavanagh
06-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Can someone please show me just ONE forum that helps each other out this much?

Didn't think so...

Makes me love ctech more and more. :wiggle:

Best of luck with everything Ajilon.

And fucking props for everyone who is helping, i wish i had something to help you out with. :(

Ajilon
06-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Cav - encouragement man! This is a whole new animal for me and I have NO clue what the hell I'm doing!

This site is incredible and the people here are more like family to me. You are all very special to me. I can't believe how many people are helping me with this. I couldn't even begin to entertain doing it without you all.

Luni
06-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Im working on the wiring harness from Rickstas 5th gen. We need to find you a ST185 usdm/jdm ecu.

You need a clutch disk, and a 3SGTE flywheel (I have a 3SGTE flywheel - hopefully the 1st gen 3S flywheel is the same as a 2nd gen one) Just needs to be resurfaced - I can have that done for you prior to shipping so its pretty for you.

You MIGHT need transmission seals (in case yours get fuxored removing your axles).

Ill post more as I think of it.

Cavanagh
06-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Then encouragement has been given offically by me! :D

PhillyDRFT
06-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Ok so is the Wiring harness officially solved? Gina kept me on the phone all night to persuade me to find her one and luni steels my thunder ~,~

vip09
06-16-2007, 06:14 PM
If there are any parts you need that I have no use for, I'll send them your way. I'll keep an eye on your threads and see if I have anything you need.

donteatbugs
06-17-2007, 03:18 AM
alltrac. net - a guy is selling some 165 ecus

Mr. Babb
06-17-2007, 06:26 PM
where are you guys meeting at in birmingham? I could probobly come up and help

Ajilon
06-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I live in Hoover. It's just south of the city. Exit 234 off I-65

Mr. Babb
06-17-2007, 08:41 PM
yeah I could definitely come up I live in Tuscaloosa so its not that far just let me know when its goin down

Mr. Babb
06-17-2007, 08:43 PM
oh and I have the 5sfe i just took out of my 5th gen and i have the harness but i threw away the ecu you can have it if you want

3sgte@daspeedof
06-19-2007, 06:09 PM
i have a 5sfe ecu if the 3sgte doesn't go in.

2kSnakEater
06-19-2007, 07:03 PM
wow, by the time Gina is done with this she will have 7 complete 5sfes, 3 complete 3sges a 3sgte and enought parts to build another Celica from scratch.

has anybody spoke to Ricky? I havent seen him in a while.

Borinal
06-19-2007, 09:20 PM
wow, by the time Gina is done with this she will have 7 complete 5sfes, 3 complete 3sges a 3sgte and enought parts to build another Celica from scratch.

Who is Ricky?

KoreanJoey
06-30-2007, 11:08 AM
I think I might have a handle on a 185 ECU.

Luni, you remember Eric from the rally right? He's still got a USDM ECU sitting around.

Cavanagh
06-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Who cares?

Mr E
07-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Cars always go bang at exactly the wrong time. It's one of lifes universal truths.

Can someone please show me just ONE forum that helps each other out this much?

CCUK rebuilt my girls car after she had a N2O accident (and destroyed piston #3). In a week while she was on holiday. I picked her up from the airport in a car she thought was dead.

Oh, and a Lotus club in the UK restored a 2.2 Esprit recently to near concourse condition while the owner was in hospital....

I suspect it happens more than you'd think. Which is good.
People are generally honest, nice and decent. You wouldn't believe it if you watched the news.

I can't help with the big stuff, as I'm the wrong side of the pond. There are probably more running ST165's here than the US though, so if you're struggling for niggly bits, give me a shout and I'll see what I can turn up.

Mafix
12-05-2007, 01:28 AM
i do have a decent and good running (leaks oil) 3sfe complete for 50 bucks. i didn't catch this thread until now. let me know if you want it.