PDA

View Full Version : Finishing the Project

1990CelicaGT-S
06-13-2007, 03:26 AM
Well guys and girls,

I finally finished putting my motor back together tonight and put the transmission on the motor. I dropped it in the car and it's just about ready to go. I haven't driven the Celica since last year and theres been a lot of work in this car since. Before I finish everything though, I have a few questions I hope can be answered. By the way, this is a 5S-FE.

1) Behind the exaust manifold is the coolant bypass tube. I have two of these tubes. One, from my GT-S which has hoses that run down to the oil filter area. The other one from my GT does not have these hoses. My question is, is the peice that fits over the oil filter location and attaches to those hoses an oil heater or an oil cooler?

2) Can somebody tell me where the ends of the Coolant Bypass Tube without the flange go to?

3) Just for clarification, is the smaller line that follows off the passenger side of the car on the Fuel Rail the fuel return line?

4) My last question is, where do all of the hoses from underneath the throttle body lead to?

Thanks for any help. I hope to have my car running by the end of this week.

-Matt

1990CelicaGT-S
06-14-2007, 02:56 AM
Well I've got my answer to question #1. It's an oil cooler. If somebody could have a quick look at their motor and answer the rest of my questions it would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

Colossus20v
06-14-2007, 12:31 PM
I dont have one. Sorry. Do you have a Haynes manual or something?

1990CelicaGT-S
06-15-2007, 02:43 AM
I do, but it gives shit all on the information I'm looking for. I pulled schematics out of the computer system I use at work and got a little bit of information but not a whole lot. Anybody else able to help me out?