PDA

View Full Version : New product. 3SGTE hard (billet) throttle body inlet.

TwistedImage92
06-13-2007, 01:29 AM
New product. 3SGTE hard throttle body inlet.

Features are:

Use a larger pipe and coupling rather than the 2 inch pipe that fits in the rubber inlet.

Velocity stack taper to port matched on the intake manifold side.

End matches up to a 2.5 (63.5mm) intercooler pipe.

O-ring for an airtight seal, even under high boost.

Direct replacement.

Billet Aluminum construction.

Powder coating available.

Will not work with factory top mount intercooler.

http://tiecc.net/garbage/tb1.JPG
http://tiecc.net/garbage/tb2.JPG

Pre-order price is $45
Shipping is flat rate $15
Silver gloss, or gloss black powder coat is $15
Chrome type or other colors are $3 more

Contact admin@tiecc.net for more details.

These will be in short supply so buy early! Expect 30 days from now for delivery.

pitcelica
06-19-2007, 02:40 AM
Did you use solidworks to make this drawing?

Ricksta
06-19-2007, 04:30 AM
why would i buy something that you havent even produced yet?!?! you cant even supply a real picture of it. whats new about it?!? ats offers a bigger throttle body as well.

what are you going to tell me thats gonna make me purchase this over ats's product?!?

angryyoungnpoor
06-19-2007, 04:46 AM
Ricky, it's 10 bux cheaper.

I'd like to see some other sizes, though I think my intercooler piping is 2.5 inch.. hm..

I'd also like to see the benefit's over stock.

TwistedImage92
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
its solid edge.
like i said before, custom sizes are avalable. material will be here this week, parts will be done early next week. email me direct to order a custom size. this way i have writtin info to show your custom size

Conrad_Turbo
06-25-2007, 06:40 PM
why would i buy something that you havent even produced yet?!?! you cant even supply a real picture of it. whats new about it?!? ats offers a bigger throttle body as well.

what are you going to tell me thats gonna make me purchase this over ats's product?!?

Reason being is that he can invest the time into making a model without having put a single dollar into material or machining costs. If it flops (due to not enough interest) then all he loses is the time making the model, instead of cash on material and machining time as well.

Looks like SW to me...

Luni
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
If this thing is made well, Id say its prolly better than an ATS inlet simply for the fact that its O-Ringed.

presure2
07-04-2007, 02:22 PM
rob, i'd trust an OEM metal gasket over a rubber gasket like that anyday.
the only advantage i can see to this is that your going to make them in custom sizes...
looks like a fun project none the less.
:)

TwistedImage92
07-05-2007, 03:33 AM
like i said, we will test it at 120 psi. if nothing leaks from 120 psi, nothing will leak from a turbo, havent herd of more than 61 psi on a supra, not sure what the highest boosted 3s is. those high horsepower pull tractors that you see racing are super high boost. close to 100 psi i think.

if anything is going to leak in the system, it will be some clamp on the intercooler pipes before it is the oring.

Luni
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Sorry Manny. ORings are used when pressure can exceed a gasket.

Again, I say, if its Oringed, and the Oring works correctly, it will seal better than an ATS Inlet.

Theres a reason why they use Orings in HIGH pressure applications.

TwistedImage92
07-05-2007, 09:35 PM
plus gaskets are pounched out and orings cause OEM's to have to do more work to make a place on the part for the oring to seal. gaskets are cheaper in the long one. part will be ready next week for testing and for sale.

TwistedImage92
08-14-2007, 12:57 AM
http://tiecc.net/garbage/1%20017.jpg
http://tiecc.net/garbage/1%20002.jpg
http://tiecc.net/garbage/1%20011.jpg

sorry it took so long to get them up. avalable for shipping right now. email me admin@tiecc.net. dont forget to tell me if u want it powdercoated.

balagast
08-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Out of curiosity, how was that fabbed? Is that one solid piece from aluminum billet

TwistedImage92
08-14-2007, 02:07 AM
yea it was fabed from a solid alum piece

PhillyDRFT
08-15-2007, 03:47 AM
yea it was fabed from a solid alum piece

A square block or do you get them in a rough shape?

Just out of curiosity. It seems like a waste of most metal during the milling process. Or can you reclaim the scraps and reforge them again?

TwistedImage92
08-15-2007, 04:00 AM
well we recycle the alum, but its actually a 12 ft bar, but it is close to the max out side edges. it would be cheaper (in the long run) to make a mold and cast them, but to have the mold and everything made is really expensive. also, cast alum is crappy compaired to machined, but forged is better.

cast= mold under low pressure
mim= medal injection molded is ok, but expensive to set up.
billet= machined from solid piece
forged= mold under high pressure

TwistedImage92
08-22-2007, 03:36 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300144041299

alltracman78
08-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Why is there no bead on the end to help seal the IC piping?
You took the time to O-ring it and make it nice and you didn't bother to bead it?

While the ATS version doesn't have an O-ring it's got a bead on the end....
And I'd worry MUCH more about my pipe blowing off from lack of a bead than from a gasket not sealing in the rear. Even a paper gasket [mine made from a manilla folder] will hold a good amount. Mine held 18 PSI.
I bet the IC piping will blow off at 18 PSI on that.....

Luni
08-23-2007, 01:08 AM
You know Jeremy I didnt even notice there isnt a lip.

DUDE get a lip on there.

J00 need one.

alltracman78
08-30-2007, 01:53 AM
Hm, no answer.
And last activity is 8-23 [after I replied].

Not really surprised.
Wannabes......

TwistedImage92
08-30-2007, 02:33 AM
i just got an email that there was any activity... do you have beads on ur IC pipe? get t-bolt clamps, it wont leak or blow off.

alltracman78
08-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I had a 205 IC with the adaptor, so I don't need T bolt clamps.

However, I strongly suggest you bead those if you want to sell them. Even with T bolt clamps a hose can blow if there's no bead.

TwistedImage92
08-31-2007, 01:36 AM
do u have beaded pipes?

Luni
08-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Im with Jeremy, it needs to flare, or be beaded.

T-spoon
08-31-2007, 11:54 PM
Im with Jeremy, it needs to flare, or be beaded.

Thirded. I blew off about every pipe you could imagine on my supra, included the TB connection once. T-bolts helped, but on one elbow nothing stopped it until I had beads put on it. Bead seems too easy to skip, IMO.

alltracman78
09-02-2007, 01:36 AM
do u have beaded pipes?

I don't need or have "pipes" champ.
I have an RC IC, and did have a ST205 IC.

I've seen cars with smooth piping blow hoses even with T bolt clamps.
Pipes are beaded for a reason, not so they look cool.

Bottom line is you're just another cheesdick shop that takes someone elses idea and tries to make money off it.
And you can't even make the damn part right....

You might sell a few to morons on Ebay, but you're not going to make it far in this [or the MR2] community if that's all you have to offer.
Try coming up with some original things we could use.
If you need inspiration, take a look at Conrad, he's making a bunch of good shite.

presure2
09-02-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't need or have "pipes" champ.
I have an RC IC, and did have a ST205 IC.

I've seen cars with smooth piping blow hoses even with T bolt clamps.
Pipes are beaded for a reason, not so they look cool.

Bottom line is you're just another cheesdick shop that takes someone elses idea and tries to make money off it.
And you can't even make the damn part right....

You might sell a few to morons on Ebay, but you're not going to make it far in this [or the MR2] community if that's all you have to offer.
Try coming up with some original things we could use.
If you need inspiration, take a look at Conrad, he's making a bunch of good shite.
thanks for saying what i really WANTED to say in my first post, jeremey.
you roxors.
:Ban1:

vip09
09-02-2007, 08:58 PM
+1

Back when I first saw this thread in June, my first thought was : "ATS already makes this!!"

mister2dt
09-13-2007, 12:00 PM
only o-ringing one side is asking for a blow out. for the o-ring to seal under boost the throttle body needs to o-ringed as well.

thats why toyota uses a metal gasket. simply better than o-ringing.

TwistedImage92
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
read your machinest handbook...

as far as the ats thing... i made this because i couldnt find it any where... ats should do a bit more marketing. this forum is full of a bunch of morons that think they know what they are doing... i wish people on here would just keep their mouths shut unless they had someting productive to say.

if you have an idea for a "good" product, we will make it for you.

someone please lock this thread, cuz the BS is gettin deep. if you are interested in the product, PM or email me, if not, keep to your self.

mister2dt
09-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I OWN my cnc machine shop, i don't just work at one. i've been building race engines for 12 years now on many different levels, i can tell you this, even at the pinnacle of racing, Formula 1, metal gaskets are preferred over any other. o-ringing is good for fluid seals, and gas seals, not pressure seals.

actually in formula 1, 2 machined surfaces is the preferred method, if you can get away without using a gasket.

what i had to say is productive, your product is a step backward in technology, offering a product that will be mroe prone to leaking over one that for 16 years now has proven won't leak.

that is productive, and informative for all the members here. o-ringing is a step backward from what the factory uses. not bead rolling the end is another reason to go back a redesign this piece. look at the factory inlet, there are 2 humps, those are for the clamp to lock the hose onto the inlet with. without it, boost pressure will blow the hose off.

poor design, good idea, poor execution.

Sean
09-13-2007, 04:09 PM
This twistedimage guy owes me money, I'm about ready to dismember him.

Conrad_Turbo
09-13-2007, 07:23 PM
TwistedImage92, you cannot take things personally. It's a design and it's being critiqued this happens all day every day with anything being designed (or at least should be). Now you can take this positive criticism and add a bead on your model so the next piece has this feature. Then prove to the naysayers about how well your O-ring seals. This happens every day with designing something, sometimes you have to have thick skin and realize improvements can be made.

I go through this every day with my designs (what I do with ACE is only 5% of the design and fabrication I do), however nobody is perfect and it's good to have a 2nd or 10th set of eyes to find/think of things I didn't see...I'm always thankful since my product turns out that much better.

Luni
09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
One note is my OEM TB inlet doesnt even have a gasket.

And my ATS TB inlet is installed without one.

And T-Spoon says there isnt even a gasket part number in the book for my TB inlet to TB. He says the mating surface is the gasket.

7 PSI on a 20b doesnt yield any boost leaks for me.