PDA

View Full Version : 5sfe Supercharger

Joeye27
06-08-2007, 07:18 AM
Hey friends :wavebg: Just wanted to ask has any one on Celiatech or any other celica site ever purchase that Rippmods Supercharger they had a couple of years ago???
Im curious becuase awhile back i had saved to get it.
I wanted like so many of us something that would still have my 5sfe engine. when i was doing research i discovered the Rippmods Super charger and the Buriens Turbo kit. i wanted the supercharger because it was different then a 3sgte swap. when i had contacted Rippmods they said the supercharger i wanted was longer in production and they would contact me when they do a limited runoff. they also said when they did have it no one was interested. i even asked if the other camry or corolla one they had would fit and they said no. they wish me luck in finding the power i wanted and said theyll keep in contact if they bring the supercharger back. i went on thier site today and saw nothing for toyota only for the scion tc. So sad wish we had more power options for the n/a 5sfe. :sadcry:

5sfe Supercharged would of been nice :bigthumbu

If anyone has it or anything similar, lets see it! :woot:

PhillyDRFT
06-08-2007, 09:49 AM
No one was interested because no one wanted to spend 3k to gain 50hp. Someone on an MR2 forum actually bought the "supercharger" and dynoed it on his 5s powered MR2. He only netted about 180hp and a reasonable ammount of tq. It never went over 200. IHMO it and the Burien toyota turbo kit are both a complete waste of money. Just give up the ghost and buy a front clip. I went through EVERYTHING. you can read my past topics on 5sfte. I've been through mapping out VE and compressor charts. dealing with fuel and timing control and my 5sfte still blew up. Pressure2 is the only 5sfte powered celica I know of that is worth the Time, Effort and Money put out. It's cheaper and more reliable to just swap in a 3s and deal with choosing your transmission wisely.

celicaGT90_05
06-08-2007, 10:21 PM
No one was interested because no one wanted to spend 3k to gain 50hp.

This is kinda funny, there were kids in one of my classes lookin up civic Si hatch back stuff on the net and found a supercharger. It's gain was about 50 horses and over 3g for cost...they was talkin like it would be cool, but I told them they'd be much better off getting a good turbo kit, theres no way I'd pay $3g for a gain of 50 horses on somethin like that

PhillyDRFT
06-09-2007, 03:41 AM
haha granted the kit is marketed well. I wanted it at one point. I had delusions of grandeur. I thought I was going to sound like some crazy ass Saleen Celica. with that really badass whine and keep up with STI's. Then I opened a book and realized that shit only happens in the movies.

celicaGT90_05
06-09-2007, 03:55 AM
lol you usually dont hear superchargers whine much if at all unless they are big ass ones. There was a Shelby Cobra GT500 in the shop last week, not sure whos it was but it had big super duper charger on it and I didnt even hear it whine when the guy took off (car wasnt in site when it left)

Cavanagh
06-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Ya those GT500s are quiet and you cant hear it whine.

Super/Turbo a 5sfe?

Im sorry but your best bet is a new engine. Best bang for your buck.

Luckynumber5
06-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Eh, the M90 on my Grand Prix is smaller than the GT500s M112 and I scare kids and chicks all the time when I punch it past them if they are on the sidewalk or something, classic gag it never gets old. But think about this, the engine is behind the driver in the GT500 and it would probably be deafening to hear that charger whine all the time.

Cavanagh
06-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Sorry dude, the GT500 is front engine, Rear-wheel drive. I think you are thinking of the Ford GT.

Luckynumber5
06-09-2007, 10:35 PM
^ I am, I knew there was something I was forgetting. Well that sucks you cant hear the supercharger on those cars, I love mine LoL