PDA

View Full Version : SC300 Help

VikingJZ
06-08-2007, 01:07 AM
The guys over at ClubLexus are a bunch of dumbasses. Anyone here have experience and knowledge with the 2JZGE besides what you have seen in the Fast and the Furious? haha.

Thanks

Colossus20v
06-08-2007, 01:32 AM
What are you wondering? I know a few of us have ideas about 2jz's but may have never own one.

What plans do you have for it?

Shadowlife25
06-08-2007, 01:55 AM
The guys over at ClubLexus are a bunch of dumbasses. Anyone here have experience and knowledge with the 2JZGE besides what you have seen in the Fast and the Furious? haha.

Thanks

This is kind of vague man, what info were you looking for?

Melchior
06-08-2007, 02:13 AM
All I know is you have to overnight parts from japan.

Kidding. Shoot, we'll see if we can help. Some of us (not me) work for toyota remember.

VikingJZ
06-08-2007, 04:14 AM
True that.

Alright...so:

Air conditioning isn't working now. Blows hot, converted to R134A before I owned it (1992 model car). Apparently the AC light on the dash will blink if there is some sort of problem with the compressor, but mine stays solid. Is this an AC system where the compressor clutch won't turn unless there is freon?

Belt making strange noise, almost a knock too. Engine is running just great though. Bearing? Belt?

grayscale
06-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Start by changing that serpentine belt and see if it helps your ac. Also need to check for an ac recall on it as a vast majority of Toyotas in the 90s had ac recalls.

Fuelish
06-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Is this an AC system where the compressor clutch won't turn unless there is freon?

Can't say for sure, but my Celi is that way - compressor will not kick on when refrigerant is low/empty, but ac light lights up on dash. Of course, beings as it's a '92, there could be a whole bunch of reasons why you're a/c isn't working. Good luck, hopefully it just needs a charge and new belt..

VikingJZ
06-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Not a bad idea. The belt is only $16, and thankfully, there is only one. However, I did notice that the belt was starting to crack, so a new one is in order anyway.