PDA

View Full Version : my 5s turbo project in the works!!

CelicaGTS94
06-07-2007, 03:13 PM
here are a few pics of what I got so far.. the SAFC2 is already mounted in the car!! Has anyone mounted a wide band to there exhaust? if so any tips or help would be greatful!!

extremeskillz
06-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I haven't but its not difficult. The wide band should of came with a thread "bong" as i call it. You would need to drill out a hold the size of the bong. after you cleaned the hole, weld the bong over the hole. Tip: thread a bolt or something similar into the bong. This will help with expansion and concraction of the metal bong.

By the way what hell is that thing called because i know its the wrong term?

extremeskillz
06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Oh weld the bong between the turbo and cat for accurate reading. There tons of debates on whether to weld after the turbo but i believe you reading is more accurate behind the cat instead of after. Some cars have two sensors after and before the car to get even a more accurate reading.

PhillyDRFT
06-07-2007, 05:36 PM
... It's called a Bung. but thats pretty much how you do it.

extremeskillz
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
^ thank you

CelicaGTS94
06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
well they say on a FI (turbo) car it has to be about 12 inches away from the turbine or engine so it doesn't over heat.. I was gonna use the stock cat on the 3sgte manifold, but it says to put before the cat, so I might have to use a custom down pipe and put it in that.. I am gonna do more research, turbo doesn't go on till maybe next summer, thinkin about gettin a newer 5sfe with less Km's on it!! plus I need piping for the intercooler, catch can, and a bov also... then little odds and ends oil lines and such!!