PDA

View Full Version : Importing of Celicas

Chip_Foose_Fan
06-01-2007, 07:51 AM
How much would it cost to import a Celica from a place where the driver is on the right side? I want one of those cool right sided cars because im left handed, and they are just cool overall! Anybody have some experience here?

hobbie2k
06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Well, where do you live? It depends on you state and country's laws.

If you live in the US, you can just about forget it. It would be easier to get a front clip and convert a local LHD model to RHD than to import one properly. If you live in Canada, though, I think it's a bit easier...

Though I still don't think it would be worth it just for RHD, it's no different than LHD once you've gotten used to it.

Rae X
06-01-2007, 02:04 PM
im in australia all we have is RHD. Its the same as a LHD over there we drive on the left side of the road so the driver is on the inside of the traffic same deal over there isnt it? LHD but right hand side of the road?

hobbie2k
06-02-2007, 08:07 PM
im in australia all we have is RHD. Its the same as a LHD over there we drive on the left side of the road so the driver is on the inside of the traffic same deal over there isnt it? LHD but right hand side of the road?

Yeah, driver on inside. I've owned both RHD and LHD cars, and it's not so big a deal. Except people would likely give you funny looks...

KoreanJoey
06-02-2007, 09:58 PM
How much would it cost to import a Celica from a place where the driver is on the right side? I want one of those cool right sided cars because im left handed, and they are just cool overall! Anybody have some experience here?

Why would you want one because you're left handed? If anything a LHD car is better for us lefties because we can keep our dominant hand on the steering wheel at all times.