PDA

View Full Version : Need urgent help. ? regarding alternator connector

omar
05-31-2007, 04:47 PM
I have a 93 celica GTS 5spd. I sent the car to a guy to replace the head in my car and he is almost done with the swap. The problem is that somehow the plug that connects into the back of the alternator(the one with the three holes) broke. So now I have three cables, but I have no idea to which little post to connect them to. Can anyone tell me which wire goes to which post?ie. red/black goes to...... I really need to do this so I can get my car running. I spent all day yesterday looking through the local salvage yards and I only found 1.6l motors, or 90-91 2.2l motors. They have a different alternator and plug. Can anyone help me out with the location of the wires. Or if you have a spare harness/plug I would be willing to buy them off of you.

Thanks in advance for all you assistance.

85gtsblackman
05-31-2007, 06:19 PM
go to a junkyard find a 5th gen with the same alt, cut plug with wires still attached

2kSnakEater
05-31-2007, 06:22 PM
go to a junkyard find a 5th gen with the same alt, cut plug with wires still attached

he already did that, all he could find was the ST models or the 90-91 GT/GTS. He needs a picture or a wiring diagram of the 92-93 GT/GTS alternator wiring.

omar
05-31-2007, 11:20 PM
bump

ciento44
06-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I'll call Brickyard tomorrow for you when they open and see if i can't get a quote on one. :)