PDA

View Full Version : bonehead mistakes..AGHHHH

toyotatuner
05-30-2007, 11:03 PM
truth be told i am beginning to wonder if i truly know anything about cars and how they operate. here is what recently brought it all together:
situation 1:
-working on the SMT6 wiring and tuning my motor...go to reconnect my battery and put the + on - and - on +.....PAINFUL. guess what? blow a 100 amp fuse!! YES! basically ended the day b/c i had work the next day.

situation 2:
-f'd myself real good by not payin attention and installed AFPR backwards with the INLET on the OUTLET and OUTLET on the INLET!!! guess what happens...DESTRUCTION! fun times ordering another one. those wondering how...its remotely mounted and got the hoses mixed up.

so yea...basically does this part of being absolutely retarded pass or am i doomed for life at makin dumb mistakes? lol
:slap:
'this is the way i live'

Ricksta
05-30-2007, 11:07 PM
hey how is that project coming? i havent heard from you in a long ass time. post pics of the setup. did you ever get it running right and what did it dyno at?

toyotatuner
05-30-2007, 11:14 PM
dyno is in the near future. gettin all the problems fixed so i won't be doin that on the dyno. as much as i would love to trouble shoot my car at $150 an hour...
it runs and idles nice right now. i just f'd up my AFPR so i have new one coming. the bad one won't allow me to rev past 4400 rpms. i'll post pics soon.

Ricksta
05-30-2007, 11:17 PM
you got a bigger turbo then me didnt you?!?! everyones tellin me if i want to run my setup safely im going to have to get full ems :(

celicatrd93
05-30-2007, 11:28 PM
shit happens. at least you learned from your mistakes.

Shadowlife25
05-30-2007, 11:40 PM
At least it still runs, and you know what you did wrong.

toyotatuner
05-31-2007, 12:28 AM
yea thats at some crazy boost setup....for now i'm just tryin to get my car moving and driveable. then i will be gettin a full standalone. def. necessary.

toyotatuner
05-31-2007, 12:29 AM
so i take it no one else does stuff like this? ricksta u gotta have something..lol

celicaGT90_05
05-31-2007, 02:06 AM
after reading that, you sound like a very backwards person lol thats always fun makin those moronic mistakes, but we all do it

Ricksta
05-31-2007, 03:34 AM
so i take it no one else does stuff like this? ricksta u gotta have something..lol

dood i tore that silver car to pieces and bought an mr2 shell :)

toyotatuner
05-31-2007, 02:05 PM
poor silver car. never stood a chance did it. once u do one stupid thing u kinda get on a roll and do a couple others before the day/week is out. ha. uh well.

ciento44
05-31-2007, 02:23 PM

I spent about a week wondering why my CRX was running in safe mode, not being able to rev above 4500rpms.

After that week, i realized that i had left the J1 jumper on my ECU, after i took the original tune off.

toyotatuner
05-31-2007, 02:34 PM
i did something similar to that when i first installed my smt6. calls for using the IGT wire from the engine. and well didn't matter how many times i read the instructions i kept using IGF wire and wondering why the hell my car wouldn't start. haha. 3 full days with that. i was pissed about 3 days...i can only imagine a whole week!

grayscale
05-31-2007, 03:19 PM
^That's a good one Ben! :laugh:
The worst one I had was just a slip, but the last time I had the head off I changed the head gasket to a metal one. I still had the intake mani on the head so it was rather heavy and instead of getting some help I figured I would do it myself. I had the head almost on, about an inch or less above the block and it slipped from one hand and the corner of it fell on the gasket, effectively ruining it. Had to go buy another gasket and got some help lowering the head on.

ciento44
05-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I guess it wasn't too bad... it was drivable, but it wasn't helping my jonesing for a VTAAKKKK!!!! fix. But with the short gears in that thing, it really make going around town annoying.

toyotatuner
05-31-2007, 10:52 PM
dropping the head like that...lucky didn't lose any fingers from the drop. would have been a bad story and not a funny one. lol