PDA

View Full Version : debate between next car

85gtsblackman
05-29-2007, 03:28 PM
ok so unless i can find a really cheap x runner, which probally wont happen, im looking at getting a 4dr so affter months of thinking, its come down to these 2

current generation subaru legacy gt
http://www.import-heaven.net/images/specs/subaru_legacy_gt_02.jpg

or

02-06 wrx
http://images.automotive.com/reviews/images/02impreza.jpg

im keeping the gts and overhauling it but when its done it wont have a 22re anymore, it will have its 6cylinder cousin

anyhoo

descuss

vip09
05-29-2007, 05:31 PM
+1 for Legacy GT :)

geebes
05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Well...the legacy and wrx are both very fun to drive, wrx is more sporty, but the gt is a smooth ride, fast, very comfortable. I love the 02-03 and 04-05 wrx looks, but I also love the legacy gt looks as well. you could get an 02-05 wrx for less money, but if money isn't an issue I say go for the legacy, its just such a nice car. (and if you have extra moneys, get the spec b package. ;) . )

PhillyDRFT
05-29-2007, 06:05 PM
How do people keep figuring the WRX is more sporty? Thats just marketing playing with your head. It's a bubble, with a really high stance. compared to the nice sleek straight lines and wide wheel base of the legacy.

I'm all about the legacy, It's faster, handles better, more comfortable, not as cheaply built. and best of all it doesn't suffer from turbo lag like the WRX does. Spec B is a waste of money it's not that much more for the extra few grand, you can use that for a nice set of pipes or a tune and be around the same level as stock STI's. The legacy is also easily upgraded with OEM STI parts. It's almost the same engine just toned down for comfort. Hands down the legacy is a better car per dollar.

1990CelicaGT-S
05-30-2007, 03:47 AM
My vote lands on the Legacy for the same reasons Philly mentioned. Good luck on which ever you do decide to get though.

MCcelica
05-30-2007, 03:51 AM
If I had the money, I'd definatly rock the Legacy.

1990CelicaGT-S
05-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Whats price tag on one?

burnyd
05-30-2007, 04:29 AM
your going to end up with another hoopty and you know it!

85gtsblackman
05-30-2007, 04:33 AM
tired of hoopties and beaters, i want something nice again

whatever one it is it will be used

im probally looking at about 13-17k for a used 05 legacy gt

an 02 03 wrx i can get for 11-18 right now

InitialD93
05-30-2007, 04:36 AM
legacy GT...../end thread

burnyd
05-30-2007, 04:37 AM
legacy.. everyone sells the wrxs because they have the "glass" transmissions in the 00 and 01 I believe they are?

85gtsblackman
05-30-2007, 04:41 AM
00-01 are all last gen, when u could still get a 2dr

i drove both , if i get the legacy im putting tokicos on it and throwing the bridgestones in a dumpster

geebes
05-30-2007, 06:35 AM
My cousin's Legacy GT from 98 is sooooo friggin nice, I am jealous of his car. I recently test drove one of those new GT's, they combined the niceness factor with the fastness factor. Just a really comfortable car.

geebes
05-30-2007, 06:38 AM
legacy.. everyone sells the wrxs because they have the "glass" transmissions in the 00 and 01 I believe they are?

What chu talkin' 'bout burny?

donteatbugs
05-30-2007, 10:13 AM

i also heard everbody sells mr2s because they are hard to work on....bwuhahahaha

tw2
05-30-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't know about you but the thought of owning a turbo car just for a daily driver would be an absolute joke for me. I would be under the bonnet and void the warrantee of any new car guaranteed within a month or two at the most. Having said that legacy gt would probably be my first choice of any car in its price range. How much is the weight difference between the 2 cars?

Cavanagh
05-30-2007, 11:17 PM
i also heard everbody sells mr2s because they are hard to work on....bwuhahahaha
Ouch, harsh.

I say WRX, and i want to know whoelse did too. If the legacy is "toned down version" of the WRX, then why not get the WRX which isnt toned down. Do legacys even come in manual? If not, forget it. WRX i say just because of the aftermarket and to me look sportier. Oh and the WRX would be cheaper too, thats a plus.

85gtsblackman
05-31-2007, 07:43 AM
yeah the legacy is easy to find in manual

well the legacy gt has the toned down wrx sti engine, thats right an ej25t, the wrx non sti comes with an ej22t, also the stock parts from an sti u can use as an upgrade for the legacy gt, and most of the stuff for the wrx sti interchanges with the legacy gt, the legacy gt has more hp than a wrx but less than the wrx sti, the wrx makes 227 hp, wrx makes 300, and the legacy gt makes 250, so it will still scoot, im probally going to end up buying one used anyway cause 05's are the cheapest i can get, i dont want to go insane price on a car cause im going to mod the hell out of the gts, so i figure id get one of these cause tthey car quick fun and roomy, also handel well and look mean.

on the otherhand i can get a wrx non sti thats a lil older for under 12k easy, but the new legacy looks so damn sexy

meh whichever i get im throwing tokicos shocks and voghtland springs along with some yokohamas so yeah, it will handle great