PDA

View Full Version : Brother bought a Toyota

zmile06
05-28-2007, 12:03 AM
My parents went to a local car auction bought 3 cars... 2 cavaliers, and 1 88 toyota camry v6 with a manual transmission. msn autos says it didnt come with a manual tranny? Just seeing if anyone knows whats up. My parents bought this thing for 400 bucks. 153 horse power, crazy. Its nice except for some rust around the wheel wells, maybe 800 dollars worth of bondo work.

A 90 toyota celica GT that dosent run went for 600 dollars... Great condition, but didnt run. I wasnt going to invest in a celica that didnt run, unless i could fix the problem without dropping an engine.

So whats up?

andy
05-28-2007, 07:54 AM
sweeeet, camrys are great cars to get to work in. and having a manual is sa weet.

PhillyDRFT
05-28-2007, 08:35 AM
MSN Auto isn't as reliable as other sources such as Edmunds and even KBB. Even Wikipedia probly has an awesome Camry section. I've never looked though. Toyota made most models with a MT option. A lot of people still go out of there way by special order to get toyotas in Manual for preference or MPG. Good find on the camry though. There a comfortable ride. Pretty damn reliable too I might add. For being that cheap if he gets 2-3 years out of it, that car won't owe him a thing. I paid $1,000 for my GT hatch and it took everything I could throw at it for about 3 years.

Do you have any idea why the GT you're looking at wont start? Did you ask?

85gtsblackman
05-28-2007, 12:05 PM
camry v6 had manual option until 94

option came back in 97

zmile06
05-28-2007, 02:12 PM
MSN Auto isn't as reliable as other sources such as Edmunds and even KBB. Even Wikipedia probly has an awesome Camry section. I've never looked though. Toyota made most models with a MT option. A lot of people still go out of there way by special order to get toyotas in Manual for preference or MPG. Good find on the camry though. There a comfortable ride. Pretty damn reliable too I might add. For being that cheap if he gets 2-3 years out of it, that car won't owe him a thing. I paid $1,000 for my GT hatch and it took everything I could throw at it for about 3 years.

Do you have any idea why the GT you're looking at wont start? Did you ask?
No idea why it dosent start, its a "donate car" so nobody would know. It could be a blown engine. It would be worth putting an engine in, even paying someone to. You could still sell it for like 3,000 it was clean.

I was going to buy the camry, but passed it up because i dont really need another car right now. I dislike rust, or i would of bought it. The v6 camrys were the most expensive model out of the 88 year. The interior is cleanier then my 93 celica.

Speaking of which, i still need to buy a celica parts car to replace my WHOLE INTERIOR.