PDA

View Full Version : Got it!

supra97
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Got the new car yesterday, pics are in my garage.

Wow it's so much fun driving standard, even though I'm still learning and still shaky, I already like it. The car seems so much faster than the automatic version.

:)

Car has one minor dent and a paint chip, one small oil leak, and a dashboard light is out. Needs new brakes/tires but getting those today.

Other than that it's in beautiful condition.

andy
05-23-2007, 06:37 PM
w00t! yeah for girls who drive stick! I let my gf drive my rolla the other day, she said she always wanted one. now im all wtf COOL! hehe.

Fuelish
05-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Got the new car yesterday, pics are in my garage.

Is that the white one, am assuming ?? Looks good - enjoy (am wishing I had the manny trans...heh) If I were you, I'd pick up some clear corners and turn signal lenses....they look OH SO nice against the white celi paint (biased opinion, of course - I got them from a fellow forum member months back, they look outstanding on my white vert - am running amber bulbs to at least be legal after dark ;) )
Enjoy your new ride !!! :cool:

Shadowlife25
05-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Sexy car. I like them in white. Good job! :D

Cavanagh
05-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Yay for buying another 5th gen!

hobbie2k
05-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Horay! Sticks rock! Every car in my family is a manual.

celicatrd93
05-24-2007, 02:04 AM
congrats on a another celi, its nice a 92 gt-s,glad you bought a stick this time,have fun with it.

1990CelicaGT-S
05-24-2007, 03:36 AM
I think Toyota has an open recall on those gauge lights. Looks good.

supra97
05-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks guys :).. I'm picking up the manual tranny quickly too, my second day and I'm already bombing around town though I am avoiding really busy/hilly areas for now. Other than that, yeah looking into the clear signals/corners I already thought of that idea. Rims are going on it tomorrow morning, I will have more pictures!

Only had it for like 24 hours already driven it 230 kms. lol

KoreanJoey
05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Well hey, just a note, I don't know how the clutch on that car is but I killed the clutch I learned on... if you need help (you feel like the clutch is dying on you) let me know, I'd like an excuse to go hit up Vancouver (if you're even close to there) *I <3 bar hopping on Granville* and I'm sure I can help you replace it if need be.

extremeskillz
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Very nice and for the fact they keep getting rarer in mint condition (like mine) you lucked out. Keep it clean and basic and yes take care of those dents and get the body nice nice. It will serve you well for many years to come.

Question y do you have a GT front bumper instead of alltrac/GTS front bumper?

supra97
05-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Isn't the bumper the same as yours? It doesn't quite fit properly on one side though..I wondered about that. He said he took it off for painting and couldn't quite get it back on properly.

And the clutch is brand new, luckily I'm doing really well I don't think I'm doing much harm to the car at all. Third day with car, and I stall about 1 out of every 15 starts. Getting smoother at shifting between higher gears too. :)

Slider
05-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I think he was talking about the bumper on your green GT-S. Anyways congrats on the purchase. How many miles are on it?

extremeskillz
05-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes i was refering to the green one. Never mind still nice car!

supra97
05-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Ohhh lol, it was in an accident before I got it, maybe that explains why it looked kinda funny lol.

The new one has 227000 kms on it, quite a bit but still runs beautifully. I know that it's going to keep going for a long time yet.