PDA

View Full Version : rag top 91 celica, carpet

brownie9
05-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Hello out there,I hope there is someone who has changed the carpet in a 91 Celica GT. All the carpet replacement people say the standard GT carpet will not be guarenteed to fit a rag top Celica. I am hoping that some person has done it and did it with a standard carpet and it did work or if it was a complete waste of time to by one. Thanks, brownie9

Fuelish
05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Hello out there,I hope there is someone who has changed the carpet in a 91 Celica GT. All the carpet replacement people say the standard GT carpet will not be guarenteed to fit a rag top Celica. I am hoping that some person has done it and did it with a standard carpet and it did work or if it was a complete waste of time to by one. Thanks, brownie9Haven't done it, but (basing my opinion on my '92 vert) I think the only place you might run into fitment issues would be around the sides of the rear seating area (narrowed to allow room for vert-top mechs and vert interior trim).
But, there's no reaon why the carpet couldn't be trimmed to fit, no ?? I'm sure the entire front of the car is identical, carpet-wise, just perhaps the rear a lil narrower ???... Dunno, just tossin' out an idea...

kmorrow
06-01-2007, 07:05 PM
A guy could always lay the new one over the old and see where they don't line up - just make sure you can send it back. There may be some additional bracing / support that may interfere in some places around the door pillars and in the places fuelish mentioned.

brownie9
06-02-2007, 05:09 AM
want to thank the people that replyed to my post. I can agree that the GT carpet should fit up to the rear seat. I forgot to mention that the car is nota retro. But is from the toyota factory. I am going to bight the bullet, and buy the replacement carpet. I will let all of you know how it fit and how much trouble it was (is) to use the replacement carpet. Next thing is the radio, tape player to a CD player. If someone has a quality sound system that is not a block away hearing system, let me know. Thanks out there, brownie.