PDA

View Full Version : Autocross!!!

Blue Scapegoat
05-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Went to the first Neohio meet today in Eastlake Ohio.
For my first time, I was very proud of myself, and very impressed by my car.
Because of the 17" rims and short ram, I was forced to run in STS, which had 8 other cars. In the end I finished 4th, .05 seconds behind 3rd.

I guess what surprised me most was many of the drivers' inability to control their own vehicles. Most of them looked to be in their late 30's to early 50's, driving their porsches and corvettes, and setting times consistently in the low 40's.
Surprising considering I managed to squeeze a 37.58 out of my nearly stock celica.

So in summary, it was AMAZINGLY fun, and I think I've picked up a new hobby.
The thought of drag racing doesn't even interest me in the slightest anymore.

:bigthumbu

Cavanagh
05-21-2007, 01:12 AM
I would also love to pick this up. Sounds like fun.

Hiko
05-21-2007, 01:55 AM
:bigthumbu Good job!

Outta curiosity, were there any 89-91 civic si's in sts that day? They tend to be impossible to beat.

Good luck, and let us know how you keep doing.

Blue Scapegoat
05-21-2007, 03:00 AM
:bigthumbu Good job!

Outta curiosity, were there any 89-91 civic si's in sts that day? They tend to be impossible to beat.

Good luck, and let us know how you keep doing.

There was an older CRX. Not sure of his best run, but I remember them announcing a 42 and 43. don't recall what class he ran in either.

And there was a 92-95 civic that I believe was running in STS. Sounded terrible, spewed a lot of smoke, but I think I remember hearing them announce a 38 second run for him.

They said they'd have the times posted up on the regional site in a couple days, so I'll know then.

andy
05-21-2007, 05:16 AM
we also autocrossed today. HELL thats some good fun. i managed to spin around once. but he i got 2nd in my class of HS. this is in my corolla

KoreanJoey
05-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Went to the first Neohio meet today in Eastlake Ohio.
For my first time, I was very proud of myself, and very impressed by my car.
Because of the 17" rims and short ram, I was forced to run in STS, which had 8 other cars. In the end I finished 4th, .05 seconds behind 3rd.

I guess what surprised me most was many of the drivers' inability to control their own vehicles. Most of them looked to be in their late 30's to early 50's, driving their porsches and corvettes, and setting times consistently in the low 40's.
Surprising considering I managed to squeeze a 37.58 out of my nearly stock celica.

So in summary, it was AMAZINGLY fun, and I think I've picked up a new hobby.
The thought of drag racing doesn't even interest me in the slightest anymore.

:bigthumbu

Unfortunately, I run SM... it sucks sometimes, but it's nice when I do get a win.

But w/ one of the local clubs WWSCC (http://www.wwscc.org) I run in what's called Prepared C, and I'm usually pretty competitive.

And w/ the really local club, BSCC (http://www.bscc.net) I run in MS, I think I got like 5th place in the Championship last year w/ running only half of the events in class (usually will just run TO to run both morning and afternoon the other half of the time).