PDA

View Full Version : Headlight "problem"

barker
05-19-2007, 04:53 AM
alright,
so i put in a new headlight on my drivers side and was messing around with the manual lifters for the lights and I have noticed that when i put my lights up, the passenger side comes up faster than the drivers side...??? does anyone know how to fix this... and also it looks like my drivers side light is lower (pointing closer in towards the car) on the road... how can i adjust them??
thanks
Barker

barker
05-20-2007, 03:29 AM
anyone?

celicaGT90_05
05-20-2007, 03:37 AM
well you may have excess resistance in the circuit to that headlight, first place to look is the ground to that headlight, clean it off which means even the chassis where it connects and see if the problem still occurs, if it does check its power connection, but I'm betting theres build up on the ground or something isn't tight like it should be. As for the one light being out of alignment, sounds like you might have messed with screws you shouldnt have, there are 2 adjustment screws, one should be on the top and one should be on the outer side of the light. I can't remember exactly, but I beleive the top one will adjust how high the light is pointing. The best way to adjust this is point the car strait toward a wall with the lights on and make the adjustments as necessary

barker
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
so where is the ground for the light at? do i have to take the whole light assembly out to get at the wires or something silly like that or should it be easy to get at?
thanks

celicaGT90_05
05-23-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure where it's at considering I'm just getting use to my celica lol you need to locate the wiper motor and follow the wires to see if they come to a ground, which is usually a dark colored wire but dont quote me on that

jonathancullen89
05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
if you are talking about the motors below the headlights you could possibly take the plastic underneath the car and try and wrench on it to get the ground off. or it could quite possibly have a ground that isnt by the assembly but is ran through wires to either under the hood to the right side of the battery or down under by your fuse box on the driver side kick pannel. i have my fender and everything off of my gt so ill see what it is for sure for you tonight, at school now so i cant do it. good luck

celicaGT90_05
05-23-2007, 04:12 PM
^

All true, I haven't studied my celi enough to be able to say anything for sure

barker
05-24-2007, 12:24 AM
yeah sounds good but does anyone know for sure how i can get my headlights to both point where there supposed to (one seems closer than the other) also, i just put in a new headlight and when i have my low beams on it seems to be too dark? might this be because both the lights are pointing too low?(towards the car?? i don't know what you would call that for sure!)