PDA

View Full Version : All my wires fried, need to replace. Help?

Mike431635
02-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Hey guys. Read my post in the 5th gen board for background info on why I need to do this: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2619

I need to rewire everything, and really need your help.

First of all, I'm planning to get an Optima battery. I need to know which one I need to get and which specific model. I'm running a Clarion DB235 Head Unit, Kicker 150W amp, and 2 10" Kicker subs. So I don't think it's drawing that much power over stock but I always noticed that when it hit hard it would dim all my lights.

Second, I fried all the wires that connected to the positive battery terminal (the one for the stereo at the end, but I can trim some off and put a new end on it and it'll be ok; alternator output wire, and positive starter wire). I also fried the start ground wire and the ground wire that connects to the chassis by the strut tower. So what kind of wires should I use to replace all of those (except the power wire for my system) and how big should they be?

I don't know anything about electrical, so I'm relying on you guys for good info. Can you help me out?

alltracman78
02-05-2005, 02:24 AM
No biggie.
You can use the Optima red top, it's what I've got in my 2.
The pos terminal is smaller than stock, but you might as well replace the bat terminals too.
The pos/neg wires that are for the starter are easy to replace. Follow them through the wiring harness, cutting them out. Pos goes to the starter, and neg goes to the transmission. Use 4g wire and ring connectors. Make sure the connection for the ring terminals is good, ie won't pull out with your hand.
Clip the end off the wire for the alt, and connect a ring terminal to it.
Get 2' of 10g wire and 2 ring terminals for the ground wire, and rig it up.

If I remember tomorrow I will post a pic of what I did in mine.