PDA

View Full Version : Input on me entering HIN

maxaud
05-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey guys.

Well, as of right now my car is in no way show room condition but It will be going in for all fresh paint and body work in the next month or so.

I've even ordered new side decals from rhdJapan (wish they were overnight like on F&F).

Anyways, ToyotaFest is on July 29th in Seattle and the following weekend is HIN. I was thinking that since I was going to bemaking the 350 mile trip to ToyotaFest that I might enter in HIN also.

I was just wondering what you guys thought I should do.
I know HIN is more gear'd to the 'tuner/rice' crowd but they will have the Subaru rally car there and more people are getting into that.

My car doesn't have much done to it, but at that point it would definately be a hot import which I'm sure 99% of the people at the show have never seen before. A lot of my friends that have gone to the Seattle one in the past say that they were never really impressed with the cars there other then the ones that travel with them and think my car would actually do decent or atleast attract a lot of attention.

I've never been in a show of this magnitude, nor have I gone to a HIN event. I'm not really sure how it works.

Do I just park my car and call it good?
Can I decorate around my car?
Should I?

I was thinking it would be cool to have it look as if its in the wilderness or something. Something to make it look offroad. I know this would be different and definately draw some attention, but I definately don't want to go too far with it. I also don't want to do it if you guys think it is lame or a bad idea.

Another idea I had was to have the 'wilderness' scene fade into a checkerboard (finish line flag) design either from left to right or front to back. Then have a sign that tells the significance of the car in it's rally victories and WRC championships.

I may be going way out there on this but I think this may be cool.
I was just wondering what you guys thought I should do or if I should even enter. It'd be nice to get everyones opinion.

Also, from people that have entered.
Any advice?
Do/Don'ts?
Anything I should know?
How'd it work out for you?

Thanks in advance for any input, advice, support, criticism.

Take care.

My car:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/dempsey__007/st185rc/wax/gtfour057.jpg

1990CelicaGT-S
05-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I say go for it. Theres not going to be another GT4 there so you already have a point for being unique. Good luck.

2kSnakEater
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
keep a close eye on it, I have heard many stories of people getting their car stolen right out of HIN. HIN and any "event" that atracts the Ricer and more specificaly the Honda crowd, will atract Scum, thiefs and lowlifes like a bug to a light.

Azzazzyn
05-17-2007, 03:42 PM
I've been to a decent but of HIN shows in the past few years and never heard a thign about it. I say do it, not another 5th gen gonna be there, almost garunteed. I wish I saw more toyota love there when I'm there. I honestly go for the skylines and supras

maxaud
05-17-2007, 07:15 PM
some questions raised on the all-trac board...

how would you go about carrying out the wilderness theme?

I wouldn't use actual dirt but almost like a brown shaggy carpet with some fake plants or something and some rocks. Nothing over board though, but at the same time nothing too cheap looking.

Mandatory mods for HIN: Lambo doors, neon, LCD screen, chrome wheel, and fancy paint job (stickers are OK too)

I'd have the stickers part handled!

Your car looks good. I would really concider a few cosmetic things though.

Lowering spring. Your car will look like a 4x4 compared to those slammed rides, plus it does make the car look better.

Lower shift rod. The oem shifter can make the interior look dated concidering how tall it is.

I have the C's shifter so it's a little shorter but I still feel like a trucker.

I do think the car would look good lowered more but at the same time the 4x4 look does kinda fit with the 'rally car' sceme

cars like that girl's Cobalt SS in the off topic thread are much more likely to really win.

i think you have to pay an entry fee to get in & show your car. :shrug:

I think it's true that her car will be favored but there are many classes offer'd at HIN. A couple that I'd be eligible for would probably be..
OEM JDM which has prizes for first through 3rd and $100 to first
JDM Aftermarket which has the same prizes though my car is more OEM then aftermarket
Hottest mild Toyota, long shot
hottest theme, maybe? $300 prize

Another thing that you have to remember that most of the cars that travel with HIN aren't judged. They are the extreme of extreme cars that you see with 20+ TVs and more chrome then paint.

I'm not saying that I'd expect a trophy. It cost $65 to enter your car and you get two tickets. I was planning on going anyways (tickets normally cost $25-$30 each) so for an extra $15 I get to enter my car.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

DarkSideCelica
05-17-2007, 07:52 PM
put a rope/ barrier around the car.... do NOT let anyone touch the car cos i had some friends who got their cars keyed at the show...

geebes
05-17-2007, 09:28 PM
I'd say you have a good chance of winning something. Definately do the barrier. With the theme, I think that would go over fairly well! I would go and see it. What is the date (assuming the seattle one)?

maxaud
05-17-2007, 09:50 PM
ToyotaFest is on July 29th and HIN is on August 4th

Yota Boy 08
05-18-2007, 01:23 AM
i definitely think you should enter your gt4 rc into hin. your car would be a fine example of the 5th gen celica. your car definitely something different and i bet half the people there have never seen a gt4 before. your theme sounds good to. i say go for it!