PDA

View Full Version : Look what else I have to replace!

MCcelica
05-16-2007, 03:04 AM
:ugh: :eek:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/Sorth/DSCN0517.jpg

insomnak8702
05-16-2007, 03:24 AM
a manicure? :hehe: j/k

MCcelica
05-16-2007, 03:32 AM
That could work too. Maybe some updates on the duct tape that's holding all the stuff into my toolbox too. This thread will be updated with pics of haggard stuff that needs replaced periodically I'm thinkin.

JasonX
05-16-2007, 03:59 AM
what is that thing??

MCcelica
05-16-2007, 04:00 AM
That is one super-toasted o2 sensor out of my 6th gen.

insomnak8702
05-16-2007, 04:21 AM
they only run for about $50-up i believe... i bout a bosch o2 sensor while back. napa only offered me either bosch or denso. i heard nothing but bad things about denso so i went with bosch.

alltracman78
05-16-2007, 05:21 AM
For the most part Denso works better than Bosch.....

To include O2 sensors and spark plugs.

MCcelica
05-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Seems like most of the oem equipment is denso. All that stuff is prolly gettin replaced too. More pics to come I'm sure.

PhillyDRFT
05-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah I've been happy with denso products over the years.

Thats one crispy O2 sensor. What kinda MPG were you getting before?

MCcelica
05-25-2007, 08:55 AM
I dunno. Pretty terrible though. If I were to guess I'd say about 25/gal or so. Real quick question for yall, I'll let the picture explain...

EDIT: I have the mouse writing of a 5th grader apparently.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/Sorth/DSCN0518.jpg

vip09
05-25-2007, 09:21 AM
I forget what that is.. i think it has to do with the a/c idle up??

vip09
05-25-2007, 09:22 AM
The are everywhere in the junk yard around here. The little plastic pieces were broke on mine too.. I pocketed a spare from the junk yard :)

grayscale
05-25-2007, 11:48 AM
It's called a TSV. It's a valve that opens and closes based on the water temp and allows vacuum to be pulled. This one has a line running from the top of your throttle body to the TSV then down to your charcoal canister. You don't have to have a new one unless you feel an overwhelming need to use the canister.

vip09
05-25-2007, 05:44 PM
It's called a TSV. It's a valve that opens and closes based on the water temp and allows vacuum to be pulled. This one has a line running from the top of your throttle body to the TSV then down to your charcoal canister. You don't have to have a new one unless you feel an overwhelming need to use the canister.

Ahh that's right. It's been so long since I've had an engine in my All-Trac. I had that line capped off anyway.

DarkSideCelica
05-25-2007, 06:07 PM
hhmm... frosting.....yumm

MCcelica
05-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks gray. I'll see how much one is when I get off work. Not much in the line of junk yards around these parts, so I'd probably have to get a new one. If it's gonna be too much I'll probably cap the line too.

celicaGT90_05
05-25-2007, 08:09 PM
yay for O2 replacement lol I should for my ranger, exhaust needs fixed first...you know, I like the way you act flipped out like it's a hard job to do lol

MCcelica
05-26-2007, 03:01 AM
Haha, it's not so much that. I was more marveling at how toasty it was. Actually, just so we're clear I started off with doing a simple head gasket replacement... as simple as that goes... you know. I wish I had my camera with me yesterday though cause my exhaust manifold gasket was uber toasted too. The other part is, as I'm going along I just keep finding more and more things to replace... such as the TSV, o2 sensor, distributor seal, alternator, accessory drive belt, plugs, wires, oh, and this...
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/Sorth/DSCN0521.jpg

celicaGT90_05
05-26-2007, 05:01 AM
who the hell ran your car so damn hard? lol thats messed up, that battery terminal looks nice and crusty

MCcelica
05-26-2007, 07:38 AM
My dad bought this car brand new when I was 9. He never put an exquisite amount of maintenance into it because "Hey, it's a toyota! You can shoot it with a 50cal and it won't die!!". Thankfully he didn't put too many miles on it. To this day it only has about 114k on it, and the last 15-16k I put on there, all the while fixing things here and there. Now, the other part that's not so funny with this story is that there was a local gas station in my hometown that dispensed gas at a rate that was significantly below the rate of more... respectable... establishments. You know the kinds of places. Those seedy little roach coach doesn't accept credit cards or checks that has more pumps broken than not smack in the middle of the shadiest business zone in the city. It was one of those places that had a little bit of gas in their water that came out of their pumps... among other less desirable chemicals. Well, he fed it that crap for a number of years against my advice because "Hey. Gas is gas, and this stuff is cheaper!" Long and short of it is, I was going to take care of all this stuff a while ago, but I had to replace (And ummm upgrade :D) the suspension cause, uhhh yeah he never replaced the shocks or anything. So, now that the car doesn't even start (Bad alternator) I got to push start it and drive it to my buddies place where I'm presently tearing it down for a HG replacement.

smog7
05-27-2007, 04:27 AM
Is a new gasket needed after taking the o2 sensor out? or can the old one be used again? I think I might check mine...

grayscale
05-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Is a new gasket needed after taking the o2 sensor out? or can the old one be used again? I think I might check mine...
You don't need a new gasket if you pull it out, but visually checking your sensor won't tell you anything.

MCcelica
05-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Ok, tried looking up TSV on a few websites. What the hell does the acronym stand for? Maybe 1sttoyotaparts will be a little more effective if I can know what the acronym stands for, or better yet if anyone's got a part number.....