PDA

View Full Version : big bill

JasonX
05-16-2007, 02:05 AM
went to get my AC fixed in my ride, since my lady won't ride in it during summer w/o it. I figured might as well get my right axle replaced since it was already noisy and the left one already replaced. they took my car for a test-drive and told me i needed new struts. i was already aware, so told them to go ahead with the monroe sensatrac all around. had a few engine mounts replaced, a few radiator supports. the radiator was shaking because of the engine mount. that caused the ac line to break. so getting that replaced and refilled. ofcourse after that they are going to do the allignment. and they are also checking out my check engine light. they also fixed the loose exhaust mount. i think that's about it. grand total i think around $1600. they'll tell me a better price tomorrow. that just hurts...

PhillyDRFT
05-16-2007, 02:10 AM
G'damn

We took kotahs to the dealer today to get an estimate on damage from a pothole in a Target parking lot. She asked about the AC recall on her's and theres an open campaign but the writer said they won't cover a car over 10 years old lol.

Sorry to hear about the big bill, but atleast your getting a good deal of work for it. Tell me how the Monroe shocks and struts feel. There full gas no spring rite? I see them all the time and wonder.

celicatrd93
05-16-2007, 02:43 AM
wow thats a big bill. but i guess it's worth it?

JasonX
05-16-2007, 03:26 AM
G'damn

We took kotahs to the dealer today to get an estimate on damage from a pothole in a Target parking lot. She asked about the AC recall on her's and theres an open campaign but the writer said they won't cover a car over 10 years old lol.

Sorry to hear about the big bill, but atleast your getting a good deal of work for it. Tell me how the Monroe shocks and struts feel. There full gas no spring rite? I see them all the time and wonder.
yep no springs. i can't wait to get my car back tomorrow. it suppose to feel real smooth, and make the car more solid. i'll keep you updated.

JasonX
05-16-2007, 03:30 AM
it is a big bill. but, i don't have much free time on my hands to do some of these repairs. and I have pretty good faith at the shop's pricing. i'll probably keep this car for a good while, so just keeping up with the maintenance. and figured i'll go with higher performance parts whenever i can.

Sean
05-16-2007, 11:04 AM
it is a big bill. but, i don't have much free time on my hands to do some of these repairs. and I have pretty good faith at the shop's pricing. i'll probably keep this car for a good while, so just keeping up with the maintenance. and figured i'll go with higher performance parts whenever i can.

Time to learn to do your own work my friend.

OR drive out to washington and I'll do it for 800 :D

grayscale
05-16-2007, 11:21 AM
That's the same bs they tell some other people. You need to push the issue. If it's an open campaign then how can they deny any car?

PhillyDRFT
05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
That's the same bs they tell some other people. You need to push the issue. If it's an open campaign then how can they deny any car?

I'm not sure really, since it wasn't our main purpose for being there. (we were getting an estimate on pothole damage form Targets parking lot.) We decided to take care of it later. Also my friend is a tech there so I'll talk to him about it. I do agree that a policy like that should have a sign somewhere in the advisory area or they should take the recall campaigns / TSB's off of the technicians computers.

JasonX
05-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Time to learn to do your own work my friend.

OR drive out to washington and I'll do it for 800 :D

yeah you are probably right. i got the haynes so, i need to start opening it.

1990CelicaGT-S
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
I saw an exaust job on a truck yesterday that was going to cost $2000 in parts. I can't imagine spending that much for an exaust job.