PDA

View Full Version : Can this fit?

Dlux4life
02-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey guys...i was looking through the mr2 boards and found this exhaust manafold. I showed my friend who is a professional welding and coincidentally a mr2 turbo owner. He is very interested in mirroring this piece and putting it in his mr2. Do you think that it would fit in a celica just by the looks of it. Also, he is interesting in re-creating the aussi manafold as well, but feels that this piece would be much easier to make. Let me know what you guys think about fitment and the overal desing of it...

Also, i know my overall hp goal for my car and that this piece is really not nessescary unless you have a high hp goal...once mine is up an running...the sky is the limit.

Link (http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=84585)

ChrisD
02-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I seriously doubt it would clear the hood...but you could fab something up that would fit I'm sure.

Dlux4life
02-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Yea..that is what I was thinking too..i know that it didnt clear the hood of a camry. Damn...how is the aussie for fitment?...maybe i can convince him to go for the aussie

Sean
02-04-2005, 07:58 PM
The biggest issue with manifolds from the 2, to celica's, is the position of the alternator. The mr2's have their alternator tucked away, and a lot of there manifolds dont fit on our celica's because of the position of our alternator.

Zeus
02-04-2005, 08:27 PM
yeah its uber lame that no one makes a mani that will work for the celica's out there

the best we have so far is an adapter... which im not particularly happy about

AllOutRed90
02-04-2005, 08:57 PM
the aussie fits, and so does the genie header...theres a hot shot one too....