PDA

View Full Version : cold start injector

celica9303
05-11-2007, 06:27 AM
I know the 3s-gte has a cold start injector i dont know where it is. my question is:
Does the 5s-fe also have a cold start injector? and where is it?

im only asking because im trying to do a compression test on my vert (which unfortunatly due to ongoing financial issuses still has the 5s) and in my Chilton book (which helps none usually) it says to disconnect the cold start injector as well and the two plugs on the distrubitor before going on with the test. i know to pull the dis plugs and the spark plugs so it wont fire but i never knem my car had the CSI(cold start injector)

how do you guys(and some girls) go about doing a comp test? any suggestions i will take in. im gonig to try again after i get a reply on this thread ( hopefully before tomorrow night, i want to have it done by sat afternoon) then i can get back to Playfortoday with my results.
thanks again and i know i should put this in maintence forum but i know alot of my fellow celica owners read GD more than M&TS .

1990CelicaGT-S
05-11-2007, 08:47 AM
I think it's in the middle of the intake manifold...I'm not sure but thats what I thought it was.