PDA

View Full Version : Last night was like ford anialation night!

burnyd
05-10-2007, 02:25 PM
I dont usually post about drag racing on the street because honestly its ricerish... but one race was really cool I had driving to school yesterday... Now my mr2 is only set @ stock boost like around 9psi-ish... just a jdm motor/lds/3" exhaust no cats downpipe.... But I was messing around with this older guy in a newer mustang on a road.... and he kept on looking at me.. so I ended up racing him at a light and from a dig he put 2 cars on me by the time I got to 3rd gear I was one car ahead of him and kept on pulling... He caught up to me and asked me to pull over at the gas station... this guy was pretty cool about shit and just asked me a ton of questions about my car and then he told me he thought it was really cool what us KIDS are doing with these 4cly cars...... really cool.

Later that night on my way home people always hang out down at the stadiums down here, in pittsburgh the stadiums are right downtown you get a good view of the city and its pretty cool to just hang out there at night... so Im driving home from the gf's and I pass a SVT contour a late 90s mustang and a fox body that sounded like something fierce! So I slowed down a bit waited the svt contour jumped out in front, I downshifted from 5th to 3rd and waited for him to take off... from a roll I just kept on pulling and beat him pretty bad.. I knew atleast he had an exhaust maybe some other work.... then the newer mustang pulled up same thing sound real fast but from 3 beeps and a roll I beat him by alot of cars.. I really did not want to race the fox body... he didnt jump and also it sounded like something fierce lol... so I pull off at the exit to go to my house and this kid has the nerve to tell me that if my car did not forced induction it wouldnt be fast... I just laughed as he hammered on the car and drove away real fast..

2kSnakEater
05-10-2007, 02:58 PM
hater!

geebes
05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Nice, well done.

jason
05-10-2007, 05:03 PM
OMG, if it didn't have forced induction....and if he didn't have 4 more cylinders he wouldn't have a V8... :squint: if neither of your cars had gas neither would run :ugh: ...can't argue with that kind of mentality, pity really

grayscale
05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
hater!
HaHaha! :thefinger

burnyd
05-10-2007, 06:10 PM
hater!

yah, the domestic guys here are such haters... usually they wont race an import.. then if somehow they do they cry about turbos when they have displacement thats almost 3x what we have. But, the old guy was really cool he was really impressed with the mr2, he only had a borla exhaust but really cool guy though/

celicatrd93
05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
yah, the domestic guys here are such haters... usually they wont race an import.. then if somehow they do they cry about turbos when they have displacement thats almost 3x what we have. But, the old guy was really cool he was really impressed with the mr2, he only had a borla exhaust but really cool guy though/
+2, they are too cool to race a import, they always forget they have 3x the displacement then we do.

Azzazzyn
05-10-2007, 06:42 PM
I only race domestics

T-spoon
05-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I haven't raced anything in the supra yet. Don't get it :shrug:

VikingJZ
05-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm buying a MKIV in August.

Black 1996 with 48,000 miles. It's in my aunt's retirement community across the street from her house.

Twin turbo....but an Auto.

We'll change that.

VikingJZ
05-12-2007, 03:45 PM
****1995...I was typing in the dark.

Joeye27
08-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Awesome burny d!!!! :bigthumbu

Shadowlife25
08-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Holy dead thread resurrection batman! :hehe:

burnyd
08-07-2007, 07:01 AM
which brings me to my next thread....

how to blow up a mr2!

Joeye27
08-07-2007, 07:02 AM
ha ha i didnt notice but still :bigthumbu

85gtsblackman
08-08-2007, 09:40 AM
the scooby shocks many camaro mustang and other domestics as well, i got worked by a 500hp evo though

Blackcloud
08-09-2007, 05:27 AM
mustangs are slow as shit

burnyd
08-09-2007, 05:35 AM
mustangs are slow as shit

so is your domestic pos.

TheNefariousOne
08-09-2007, 02:40 PM
His domestic pos is also a 6000 lb truck.

Amaymi
08-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Don't hate on the Duramax, I've seen on numerous occasions a lightly modded duramax annihilate a mildy to moderately modded ls1's, evo's, and mustang cobras. Don't sleep on the duramax lol

burnyd
08-12-2007, 05:48 AM
Don't hate on the Duramax, I've seen on numerous occasions a lightly modded duramax annihilate a mildy to moderately modded ls1's, evo's, and mustang cobras. Don't sleep on the duramax lol

I hate half mexican duramax owners who have brains the size of their left testicle thats the size of a raisin because of having no testorone left in it, so faggots like that have to go out and get the biggest vehicle they can find along with guns so their faggot asses can defend themselves.

PLapping12
09-03-2007, 02:49 AM
good kills, those foxbodies can be monsters but if you beat the others like that im sure he was in the same ball park and you prolly could of taken him or at least hung with him.

ciento44
02-27-2008, 04:49 PM
good kills, those foxbodies can be monsters but if you beat the others like that im sure he was in the same ball park and you prolly could of taken him or at least hung with him.

If i make it out to visit CJ before i dump the saab, i'm calling you out. ;)

burnyd
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
If i make it out to visit CJ before i dump the saab, i'm calling you out. ;)

that guy has a LD though.

ciento44
02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
that guy has a LD though.

A what now?

burnyd
02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
you know a learning disabilitaaiii

ciento44
02-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh come on, don't hate just because he has a V8.

Cavanagh
02-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Damn, harsh...haha pretty funny though! I dont know Ben, hes pushing 370ish to the crank, he'll have a dyno this spring.

I wouldnt be surprised if he was an LD child. :hehe:

burnyd
02-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Damn, harsh...haha pretty funny though! I dont know Ben, hes pushing 370ish to the crank, he'll have a dyno this spring.

no terminator motor no care!

ciento44
02-28-2008, 02:21 PM

Cake. Bring it. We'd need like a 4-lane highway, i don't want to kill him, just beat him.

VikingJZ
02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Saab's are el quicko.

Whats your's pushing numbers wise?

ciento44
02-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Don't have an exact number, haven't had it on the dyno.

BUT: It annihilates last gen Z28 Camaros.

We did put a G-Tech meter on it, which showed my buddy's B16 Turbo hatch putting out around 285hp, 225tq, which is within 10hp/tq of actual. And it showed ~330hp/345tq.

I would take that with a grain of salt, i don't think it was calibrated spot on, and it definitely has it's on and off days. It's just a basic tune with megasquirt, a HUEG turbo, and some injectors, open 3" dump.

It don't launch too well, it's pretty much just a straight ridiculous roll car.

VikingJZ
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
You always talked about wanting one of those...lol.

Seems like they're pretty easy to get nice numbers out of.

I'm happy with my stock 2JZ. Most dumb ricers think SUPER CRAZY LOL WFTBBQ fast when I say its got a 2JZ in it...lol.

Its quick and hangs with some cars....but it aint a vette thats for sure.

TheNefariousOne
02-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Don't have an exact number, haven't had it on the dyno.

BUT: It annihilates last gen Z28 Camaros.

We did put a G-Tech meter on it, which showed my buddy's B16 Turbo hatch putting out around 285hp, 225tq, which is within 10hp/tq of actual. And it showed ~330hp/345tq.

I would take that with a grain of salt, i don't think it was calibrated spot on, and it definitely has it's on and off days. It's just a basic tune with megasquirt, a HUEG turbo, and some injectors, open 3" dump.

It don't launch too well, it's pretty much just a straight ridiculous roll car.

Maybe LT1 Camaro's. An LS1 equipped one should smoke you given the numbers you posted + the whole FWD traction issue. Not hatin, just statin.

burnyd
02-28-2008, 08:13 PM
depends on whos driving a LSx fbody really... Ive seen those things with bolt on's go from 11's - high 13s.... Ive seen stock cars go from mid 13s - > mid 14's... there pretty much a drivers car.

ciento44
02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Maybe LT1 Camaro's. An LS1 equipped one should smoke you given the numbers you posted + the whole FWD traction issue. Not hatin, just statin.

Gearing and powerband is what gives me the edge. Traction becomes not an issue from the roll.

40 roll i just stuff it in 3rd gear and rap it all the way out.

I would be extremely surprised if i wasn't at a low 13 at the strip in this thing, and it's WAY faster from a roll than a dig. From a dig i get constantly wasted by my buddy's boosted B16 hatch until about 90mph, then i eat the distance back up like nothing.

From any roll above 30mph, he has no chance, and that car ran a 12.8 at the strip.

I'm not saying i beat everything i run across, just most, and it's highly entertaining. It was even more entertaining when buddy and i switched cars, and i got to see my saab run away from me in the hatch all over the road, nose pointing to the sky.

Cavanagh
02-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Lol we dont have 4 lane highways :(

Might as well risk killing him with the beast tq steer.

VikingJZ
02-29-2008, 06:12 AM
I don't race. Period.

If I ever feel like taking a car to the track...maybe. I just like driving by myself and enjoying the open road.

I hate it when people tell me that their car can smoke mine. The other day some dude in a new Mustang GT told me that. I said..."And?" and walked away.

I just don't care. I'm not building my car for anyone else but me.

Mafix
03-12-2008, 06:01 PM
the torque steer in mine has gotten so bad that i gave up racing on the street. pointless and really dangerous. hopefully i'll hit the track this month.

ciento44
03-12-2008, 06:03 PM
the torque steer in mine has gotten so bad that i gave up racing on the street. pointless and really dangerous. hopefully i'll hit the track this month.

I don't really do it anymore after i wrecked my CRX.

Come out to ORP this summer. You can visit Bill Price again (how is that crazy fucker these days, anyways?) and i'll see if i can give you a race or not. :)

Mafix
03-20-2008, 07:00 PM
bill is still the same crazy dude he always was. i'm thinking of hitting the speed source meet this year. depends on what happens with work.

ciento44
03-20-2008, 07:23 PM
bill is still the same crazy dude he always was. i'm thinking of hitting the speed source meet this year. depends on what happens with work.

He gave my old roomate a ride in that 93 alltrac he had. Left quite the lasting impression on him.

Try to make the Speed Source meet. I'm going to try to be there, and i'm hoping to have the coupe swapped, stripped, and caged by then. :)

88st165
03-21-2008, 01:51 AM
i'm thinking of hitting the speed source meet this year. depends on what happens with work.

Wow that would be quite the trip for a good ol' bbq, not unless you'd be in the area for some reason.

Mafix
03-25-2008, 05:50 PM
i did build the car to be used. not be a trailer queen. i do enjoy going to meets and such. distance is not an issue. besides it'll be great for some street tuning