PDA

View Full Version : help wiring fuse box 3s swap

horhey90gt
05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
i have the mr2 3sgte and am putting it in my st184 ive put everything mechanical together on the motor and trans but how do i wire the fuse box like do the body harness clips from my st184 just clip in to the mr2 fuse box bottom if anyone knows much about this please help last stage of the swap

bongbbreakin
05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
i have the mr2 3sgte and am putting it in my st184 ive put everything mechanical together on the motor and trans but how do i wire the fuse box like do the body harness clips from my st184 just clip in to the mr2 fuse box bottom if anyone knows much about this please help last stage of the swap

basically get a wiring digram for the mr2 fuse box to see what color is tied with what fuse, get a wiriing diagram for your body harness for the st184 fuse box, figure out which wire from the mr2 side is the same wire with the st184 side. and then connect em together, cut them, splice them and solder them. together.
so lets say for example (this is just an example with just made up colors) ok lets say on the st184 diagram the color of the abs wire on the st184 body harness is blue with white stripe but the fuse box on the mr2 wiring diagram for abs the color is purple with white....tie the blue with white stripe with the purple and wite stripe..correct me if im wrong.

tahts what i did with my swap i went from a NA 2.2 to a jdm 3sgte, but it wasn't to bad the colors were pretty identical. ive seen people doing the swap and keepin the NA main fuse box instead of using the 3sgte one with works too .i dont know anything about the mr2 harness though myself. check mr2oc.com for the wiring diagrams and info. it can be done though. hope this helps

horhey90gt
05-09-2007, 09:12 PM
yeah i ended up figuring that wiring out the other day. is the abs b/w to p/w the only change from the 2 harnesses i know the relays in both boxes are the same well run to the same wires. anyone know where those 2 vaccum line go to from the bottom of the power steering pump off the 5s like where they mate up on the 3s? bong you should come back out to redline and woodward i can show u what all ive done since uve last seen it

bongbbreakin
05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
ahh dang thats you...u have the flat black hatch right...? if it is, u finally got down to doing the swap... kudos! i'll be at the xceedspeed bbq this year. also today i am going to take some nice quality pics of my car today so i'll sure to post em.

horhey90gt
05-11-2007, 11:31 PM
yes sir thats me i got bunch done thanks i just actually got the motor in last night but i had to switch the passanger side engine mount i had the mr2 one on the i thought it would work but it didnt.