PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest truck ive ever seen...

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
05-07-2007, 01:30 AM
this is by far one of the sweetest trucks i have seen outside car/truck shows that was actually in the parking lot of the condo at the beach that i am staying at...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/g8rfreek8/supercharger.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/g8rfreek8/truck.jpg

alltracman78
05-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Damn, that is pretty sick.

The only issue is he should be running blow through on those carbs.
That goes for turbos anyways, I don't know if it's the same for superchargers.

malodin
05-07-2007, 01:49 AM
that supercharger is the old roots style, that is exactly how it is supposed to be, that is what is sticking out of every hood you see in any muscle car movie. like mad max.

extremeskillz
05-07-2007, 01:50 AM
nice

Murgatroy
05-07-2007, 03:14 AM
that supercharger is the old roots style, that is exactly how it is supposed to be, that is what is sticking out of every hood you see in any muscle car movie. like mad max.
Mad Max was not real. That was a supercharger housing set over a 4bbl carb, it was operated off of an electric water pump motor. Looked pretty, but not realistic. If you look close you will see there are no carbs under the scoop.

There are a few sites devoted to the cars of Mad Max. The car he drove was a `72 Ford Falcon XB GT with a 351 Cleveland motor. Custom nosepiece.

malodin
05-07-2007, 04:53 AM
im fully aware that it was a prop, i was simply stating that the roots style supercharger has been around for along time and has always been a draw through style charger. as for mad max, i know all about the falcons of mad max and am working on importing the grill and fog light setup out of a 68 xr gt

thanks though

1990CelicaGT-S
05-07-2007, 04:59 AM
Thats a damn nice truck. I've been seeing more and more trucks around here being done. A lot of them are tastefully done to boot.

Murgatroy
05-07-2007, 05:36 AM
im fully aware that it was a prop, i was simply stating that the roots style supercharger has been around for along time and has always been a draw through style charger. as for mad max, i know all about the falcons of mad max and am working on importing the grill and fog light setup out of a 68 xr gt

thanks though
Wewt!

I have always been a fan of the Mad Max series. I did a lot of reading up on the cars involved. When I was first getting into racing it was a huge pet peeve of my mentor when folks would mention the Mad Max 'pushbutton' Blower. I guess I just inherited it. :hehe:

malodin
05-07-2007, 05:43 AM
Wewt!

I have always been a fan of the Mad Max series. I did a lot of reading up on the cars involved. When I was first getting into racing it was a huge pet peeve of my mentor when folks would mention the Mad Max 'pushbutton' Blower. I guess I just inherited it. :hehe:

cool cool.

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
05-07-2007, 06:35 PM
ya when i saw that thing i gave that supercharger a double take cuz i have never seen a supercharger that big nor did i know they exist.....
but this was his liscence plate- BLOWN 53

alltracman78
05-08-2007, 04:55 AM
Yes, I know what it is. :)

Don't base what works and doesn't off muscle car movies. ;)

Just because for years they ran them as draw through doesn't change the fact blow through is better.
Less fuel sticking to compressor/rotors.

malodin
05-08-2007, 05:12 AM
Yes, I know what it is. :)

Don't base what works and doesn't off muscle car movies. ;)

Just because for years they ran them as draw through doesn't change the fact blow through is better.
Less fuel sticking to compressor/rotors.

if you know what it is then how and why would even ask about blow through as there is no such thing as a blow through design that sits above the carburetors. they all sit under the carbs (with that style of supercharger) yes the newere fuel injected vehicles use a blow through style similar to a turbo but with belt drive

and i never said it works or doesnt i only said that is the way its been since the internal combustion engine was built, yes they had roots style blowers as early as the 1880's

as well i was only pointing out the movie portion as an example of how many cars had them back in the day

VikingJZ
05-08-2007, 05:45 AM
That's a sweet truck!