PDA

View Full Version : Leaking

VikingJZ
05-06-2007, 08:27 PM
My 1972 ST has an 18RC in it. When you warm up the car to full operating temperature, it leaks. I just did the valve cover gasket and it seems to be okay. I'm taking it tomorrow to have it looked at.

When it's warmed up, it leaks out of the passenger side of the engine bay. It looks like theres some coming from the bottom of the distributor along with where the oil pump goes in.

AutoZone can't get a distributor seal, or several seals for that matter. I also think when my dad changed the oil for me when I was sick, he put too much in. Could that be causing leaks? He also dumped some Seafoam in the crankcase, which was one of my first suspicions for a leaky engine. It leaks A LOT. The pressure guage still reads fine.

This all started AFTER I did the valve cover gasket. I'm clueless as to what or why it leaks this much.

Any ideas?

VikingJZ
05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Halp

burnyd
05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
you should prolly post this up on that new celica coupe website Im hearing things about!

insomnak8702
05-07-2007, 06:42 PM
you should prolly post this up on that new celica coupe website Im hearing things about!
:woot2: :owned:

VikingJZ
05-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Hooray for assholes!

-----

It's most likely the OPG.

kbox
05-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Email me the details on the distributor seal you need. If it is the one I am thinking about, we have over 200 in stock. kbox@kbox.ca www.kbox.ca