PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control buggered

suprPHREAK
12-03-2004, 06:37 AM
I have a 1993 GTS Liftback (2.2L) with 5 spd manual

I was out for a drive yesterday, long distance, hiway. set the cruise control. after maybe an hour or so, the car began to decelerate, and the cruise light on the dash was blinking. Cruise died. I tried turning the cruise off and on, and it just would not turn on. Well, only 30 mins to go tim my destination so I just ignored it. After turning the car back on afterwards, cruise was working again. So, again, on my way home, I was using cruise, and again it died. Dont think it took as long, but I had been driving a bit prior to heading home again. As a test, while moving, clutched in, turned off the engine, started it up again, and the cruise would resume, only ot die again almost immediately.

Thoughts?

Only thing that makes me think it would die after x time, is heat buildup in the circuit, causing it to malfunction. The fuse is fine, because if it wasnt, the system shouldnt restart. I had it set to 120kmh. Its cold out right now, so the heat was cranked.

roman
12-03-2004, 07:09 AM
Judging by your other thread regarding the ABS failure with the blown headlight, it sounds like you have an electrical problem. The ABS on your car should in no way be connected to the headlights. Maybe there's a bad ground or a short somewhere? I'm no electrical expert, but I'd get someone to look at it.