PDA

View Full Version : sick widebody celica

celicatrd93
04-30-2007, 05:54 AM
has anybody seen this celica before? thats a nice widebody kit just awful wheels. also its a celica st
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6610/hotcelicatu4.jpg

PhillyDRFT
04-30-2007, 06:23 AM
It's all custom work, I came across it a few weeks ago when I was researching for my post in aesthetics. It's from someone in Germany I believe (there pretty big in overly modifying bodys.) I'll eventually make another post with all of the wide body and crazy conversions Ive found. I keep trying to find the RX7 FD celica I saw a long time ago

The skirts and quarters are most likely modified from a Ferrari kit car or something to that effect. The fenders are generic flares molded in. The hood looks like the erebuni scoop and universal z3 inserts for the corner vents.

Overall I like it minus the wheels. I would have flattened the sides of the fender lips a little to give them some dimension and taken a completely different approach to the front bumper. Not a bad job though. Just needs some minor changes according to taste.

grayscale
04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
:old: I've got some other pics of it i can post later.

ciento44
04-30-2007, 09:33 AM
I think i just threw up in my mouth a little...

And someone should tell him that the alltrac hood vents go the other way. ;)

Murgatroy
04-30-2007, 09:46 AM
It is top notch work. I don't care for it though.

1990CelicaGT-S
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Looks good. I still like the regular widebody though. The rear fenders are what I like about the car, but I'm not into that front bumper. It looks like the cs and stock molded together in the middle.

grayscale
04-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I've got a few more somewhere but I can't find them. I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not an ST, it was one of the liftbacks.
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/3/2/wide1.bmp

celicatrd93
04-30-2007, 02:31 PM
did not know if it was repost, i guess everything is a repost these days :hehe: no big deal, he said it was st, new for me, i think it looks killer. thanks for the other pixs. i am a big widebody guy and i think it looks great. i love it

burnyd
04-30-2007, 02:45 PM
that looks like waaayyyy to much work to make that car look like that.. especially when its borderline decent....

Murgatroy
04-30-2007, 05:40 PM
STs come in liftback in Europe. It is a 4-lug, thus it is an ST.

Cavanagh
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow...people can look at that and say they like it!?

grayscale
04-30-2007, 10:27 PM
STs come in liftback in Europe. It is a 4-lug, thus it is an ST.
Hmmm, I see. This might explain some of the 4lug WRC cars...

T-spoon
04-30-2007, 10:41 PM
It's not THAT bad. I don't like the color, or the wheels, and the front fenders somehow look a bit off. The hood vents are funny. And for a FWD car.... meh. On an alltrac that'd be pretty nifty, like that white widebody.

2kSnakEater
04-30-2007, 10:42 PM
well, at least its lighter than a GT/GTS since its an ST. mad tyte 4afe ftw!

CHRiS'_CeLiCa
04-30-2007, 10:54 PM
looks pretty crazy....it is pretty ugly i agree, but on the other hand it is kind of neat because you dont see anyone doing that to a celica like that anywhere...so the idea of originality of the kit is neat i guess...but thats bout the only thing...i second the ugliness of the rims

85gtsblackman
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
its ok, i dont like the front bumper

my widebody looks cleaner :wiggle: :hehe:

PhillyDRFT
04-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow...people can look at that and say they like it!?

Yes because personal taste aside it's different... and the work is done well.

It's one thing to throw body parts at a car and say it's a suprica. It's a totally different thing to take a conversion kit for a car that isn't similar in any way and make it fit physically and aesthetically.

No one on c-tech is going to rock it in pee yellow, or with those ugly rims. Weve established that. He still took the time to do something thats not a CS hood and bumper and thats not a bolt on affair. Paint it a nicer color. Take off the wheels and rim out the fenders. I assure the haters would change there tune.

People bash body conversions because the cars aren't fast then they go and tell people who want to make there celica fast that it's "not really worth it, just make it look good." :lolhittin

Take a look at the 240 community they have skyline r32, r33 and r34 conversions, 280z fronts on s13's, kouki and zenki conversions. Camaro, Fiero and MR2 owners have been making kit car ferraris and lambos for years.

It's not a shot at anyone in particular I'm just saying I for one WANT to see more things like this. Ive heard a lot of people say they keep there celica because it's unique. There not the easyest cars in the world to work on. or put a shit ton of power to the ground for pennys on the dollar.

T-spoon
04-30-2007, 11:30 PM
In reply to philly, my only beef with the looking fast thing, is that they did the sides/quarters and rear very well, to the point that if it looks that good, I personally would want some grunt back there to back it up. If it looked like a crappy ricey job, that part of it wouldn't be an issue to me since it would be silly to begin with. The better job you do of making the car look good, the more sadness there is if it's slow.

Cavanagh
04-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Well, the fenders they did well on, but jeez, that front bumper, cheese grated looking doors and that mini spoiler? And god only knows what the back looks like. And thats even more weight onto the ST which is going to be worse. I guess if they 4age'd or 3sgte'd it, it would be alright, its just not what i call looking "nice". But everyone i guess does there own thing.

zmile06
04-30-2007, 11:59 PM
I think the fenders look great! The front bumper just has WAY too much going on, i think if they made it smaller it would look great, or just tone down how much is going on up front.

The side of the body is just too much im sorry, if it didnt go so deep it would look great. Its too much flare for my taste on the side. You can make it look amazing without showing how deep it is to the ACTUAL door.

Other then that it looks great, i like the color actualy. The rims are vomit, but thats a cheap fix i think.

If it has a 3sgte swap in it that would be awesome! If it dosent mad frowns for rice.

Joeye27
05-01-2007, 12:42 AM
:bigthumbu I like it!!! :bigthumbu

Cavanagh
05-01-2007, 12:44 AM
I think the fenders look great! The front bumper just has WAY too much going on, i think if they made it smaller it would look great, or just tone down how much is going on up front.

The side of the body is just too much im sorry, if it didnt go so deep it would look great. Its too much flare for my taste on the side. You can make it look amazing without showing how deep it is to the ACTUAL door.

Other then that it looks great, i like the color actualy. The rims are vomit, but thats a cheap fix i think.

If it has a 3sgte swap in it that would be awesome! If it dosent mad frowns for rice.
Ya, and you said you liked it IF it had this and that IF IF IF. It does have all that stuff so its not looking great. Good body work though, im not gunna lie.

VikingJZ
05-01-2007, 05:26 AM
meh

geebes
05-01-2007, 06:16 AM
meh
x2

Its a lot of quality work done, but it really just looks ok in the end. and yellow? WTF?

KoreanJoey
05-01-2007, 06:24 AM
Too much weight... /end

PhillyDRFT
05-01-2007, 06:34 AM
In reply to philly, my only beef with the looking fast thing, is that they did the sides/quarters and rear very well, to the point that if it looks that good, I personally would want some grunt back there to back it up. If it looked like a crappy ricey job, that part of it wouldn't be an issue to me since it would be silly to begin with. The better job you do of making the car look good, the more sadness there is if it's slow.

I'm not taking shots at anyones taste, I fully agree with you. When taking in the overall car it would get a 5 out of 10 for missing the power and suspension that the looks warrant.

I don't know if anyone else agrees but It feels like theres a big stigma around body kits and such. I will admit to profiling the tech knowledge of someone depending on there choice in body mods. Given I think a CS fascia and hood look great together on a 5th gen. They were made to. I would just like to see a lot more people take there time and do something new to there celica. I'm totally against stagnation and if people shoot down new ideas because theres still some stigma about diluting the purity of said vehicle. the community won't grow.

I suck at photoshop but if you just change the paint color, and put some different wheels on. It looks like a totally different car. OR even put on any of the cleaner OEM fronts with a lip. I personally would change a few details about it.

KoreanJoey
05-01-2007, 06:50 AM
it's nothing to do w/ the purity of said vehicle... believe me I have broken that aspect long, long ago... about all in my car that remains stock ST184 GT is... well... parts of the body and whatever is left of the interior (not all of that even). It's just, there aren't many that are done well, but on top of that; there aren't many that were constructed in a way to make them a performance mod... the ones that are useful in that aspect aren't usually all over the top and also don't weigh 300lbs.

celicatrd93
05-01-2007, 03:18 PM
the car is more for show, so he can care less about the weight, bodywork wise the car is awesome, taste ans style wise its awful, in the end its looks nice for a old celica if not thinking of cheezy wheels,hood,color and front bumper. you don't see to many nice widebody celica's around.

geebes
05-01-2007, 05:13 PM
I think the car would look a lot better if:
a)they painted it to a decent color
b)they put some decent wheels on it
c)they got a real cs hood
d)it had a 3sgte and a phattie front mount to close the gap in the front

Otherwise it looks pretty cool to be honest, but there are a few things about it that bug the crap out of me, thats why to me it still looks...meh.

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/5/3/3/2/wide1.bmp

BTW...are these two different cars? in the one pic (suposedly the before) there are the folding mirrors, but in the after it has the oem mirrors. Hmmm...

PhillyDRFT
05-01-2007, 06:07 PM
BTW...are these two different cars? in the one pic (suposedly the before) there are the folding mirrors, but in the after it has the oem mirrors. Hmmm...

he probly changed them before paint. What are the chances of two celicas with the same kit and ugly rims? :lolhittin

and keep in mind I believe this car is from germany I found my pics there I don't know about grayscale. So getting a real CS hood might not be possible. (From what I hear there still really wierd about importation of goods. Maybe DIG can chime in?) I don't think the CS insert looks too bad. Were talking a difference of $150 compared to $800.

Doctor Jinxed
05-01-2007, 06:28 PM
personally, I think it's kinda ugly and tacky. The body work is well done, so I guess that's alright, but this is not to my liking regardless.

The rims are repulsive, the fake CS hood looks half assed, the front bumper I find just ridiculous, and the color is simply... weak.

Pastel color + flamboyant body kit = huh?

Joeye27
06-08-2007, 06:33 AM

i think it looks awesome... i remebering seeing this awhile back,
but i wonder what ever happend to this car
i hope to see it again soon on the net or on some vids and hopefully with lots of horsepower to back up its looks :bigthumbu

burnyd
06-08-2007, 07:00 AM
I heard its going to be in the new transformers movie.

Joeye27
06-08-2007, 07:19 AM
:lolhittin

celicaGT90_05
06-08-2007, 09:13 AM
the door looks like it'll scrape panels when opening....thats alright lookin, not a huge fan but hey its unique

Shadowlife25
06-08-2007, 02:06 PM
The fender flares are actually quite similar to those on the 350z. The doors won't scrape on anything, look at the difference between the front fender inside edge compared to the angle of the door, I'd say no worries. Especially judging by the quality of bodywork this fellow put out. I do agree however, that the front is WAY too busy. Keeping it simple in that one area would have gone miles for the overall aesthetic balance. I personally think that the look of the rear (at least from the viewable angle) as well as overall function would have been better served by a whale tail type spoiler. Color-wise, considering the extreme nature of the bodywork involved, I probably would have chosen a color along the lines of red, black, white or silver. One benefit that I can see to having the extreme wide-body that he does is the ability to more easily and effectively put in real functional brake ducting, but I also have an AllTrac, so that to me is just the logical progression of form and function. I do agree that the wheels are fugly as I have never been a fan of 3 spoke rims, but you also have to consider that style-wise, most of Europe has always either had styling all their own or been a few years behind the things we do here state-side. Hence the difference between J-spec styling and Euro styling. As for the hood, I don't know why he didn't glass in the insert. It seems very out of place compared to the quality of work done to the rest of the car.

my .02
Shadow

Schmleff
06-08-2007, 02:26 PM
That looks stupid.

Rear air ducting on a front engine car? Stupid. what is the purpose of the lower inlet? cool the road in front of the tire?

GT4SOM
06-08-2007, 02:31 PM
The car looks ....ok. I think honestly the man has no taste. The work is definitely clean. Only thing I would do different would be to us a CS bumper and wheels. This guy made such a poor choice in wheels. It looks like he just slapped on a big ass spacer and put some fwd wheels on there instead of going with something wide with a low offset like some Work Wheels! Last thing, that color is hideous!

Oh yeah did I forget to mention the Louvers are installed backwards??! :hyper:

Schmleff
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
How can they be backwards when the serve no purpose.

GT4SOM
06-08-2007, 04:07 PM
They are backwards from when it rolled off the factory :P I think they let out some heat from the engine bay. Air in through scoop, out through the louvers.

celicaGT90_05
06-08-2007, 10:26 PM
look at the difference between the front fender inside edge compared to the angle of the door, I'd say no worries.

I was talking about the back of the door, look at how thick the back of the door is. It's not something I'd do, I'm sure it added a good chunk of weight

Mr Celica
06-08-2007, 10:59 PM
wtfs up with the lights in the front bumper... that looks laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

i love how you can see through the hole in the front bumper to the other side of the car hahaha

oh well.. different strokes for different folks...

PhillyDRFT
06-09-2007, 03:46 AM
i love how you can see through the hole in the front bumper to the other side of the car hahaha

I assure you it's function over fashion. It's used to catch small marsupials.

celicaGT90_05
06-09-2007, 03:51 AM
ahh thats what thats for, but what about the side intakes? You know I hear when you catch those marsupials its an instant 50 horses. I hate where that license plate frame is....

Mr Celica
06-09-2007, 04:11 AM
I assure you it's function over fashion. It's used to catch small marsupials.

:hehe:

Joeye27
01-18-2008, 04:50 AM
has any one everfound out about this celica??? who owns it or its specs???

grayscale
01-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Nope.

Lonestag
01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Actaully, out of all the body kits i've seen for the car, this might be one of the first i've seen that I actually thought was pretty nifty. Yeah, the wheels, the color the front bumper and the hood could all be better, but it's still not bad. At least he started out with a kinda unique car...

celicaGT90_05
01-18-2008, 10:43 PM
stag your car looks like a shark lol

grayscale
01-19-2008, 05:00 AM
Hence the name "mako fenders" :bigthumbu