PDA

View Full Version : So who has taken their Celica to the track?

Adrian Avgerinos
02-04-2005, 12:25 AM
I've only tracked my Celica a couple times with the NASA HPDE group, but have had tons of fun thus far. I've run at Buttonwillow and Infineon Raceway.

I'd like to find out if anyone else has taken their car to the track.

Funds are tight, but I'd like to try to run my car twice a year.

Here's a clickable photo from my last event:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v232/sbcelicagt/Sears%20Point%202004/th_celicaatturn10.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/v232/sbcelicagt/Sears%20Point%202004/celicaatturn10.jpg)

How about you? Have you taken your car out and stretched it's legs lately?

GT4SOM
02-04-2005, 02:21 AM
Ha I wish there was a track here in florida. That would be awsome. Theres a 1/4 mile track though about 30 min from me. I'll probably take the car once I get it tuned and gain enough exp. launching it.

Trance4c
02-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Ha I wish there was a track here in florida. That would be awsome. Theres a 1/4 mile track though about 30 min from me. I'll probably take the car once I get it tuned and gain enough exp. launching it.

There are a LOT of tracks here in FL and GA to go to.. I will be getting on a number of tracks this year: Sebring, Daytona, Homestead, Robblingroad etc.. lots of tracks in FL to go to. Its a lot of fun, and the way a car should be driven.. none of this 1/4 mile stop go stuff haha.

AllOutRed90
02-04-2005, 05:37 PM
is that a crx and porsche 911 in that race lol?

Adrian Avgerinos
02-04-2005, 06:17 PM
is that a crx and porsche 911 in that race lol?

Yes, yes it is. Though, it wasn't a race. See here for details:

http://nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html

It's not timed and experience dicates who is faster. My friend typically leaves most inexperienced exotic car drivers in the dust simply because she has had more track time in her SE-R. It is rather amusing though to see an SE-R with faster lap times than a Vette.

Sean
02-04-2005, 09:50 PM
That Porsche looks pissed....

With some new suspension, I hope to hit the track up this summer as well. Just auto x....

CelicaGT4
02-04-2005, 11:45 PM
There are a LOT of tracks here in FL and GA to go to.. I will be getting on a number of tracks this year: Sebring, Daytona, Homestead, Robblingroad etc.. lots of tracks in FL to go to. Its a lot of fun, and the way a car should be driven.. none of this 1/4 mile stop go stuff haha.

yeah, that left turn shit is way better! Fuck!

roman
02-05-2005, 12:16 AM
I don't have my Celica anymore, but I can't wait until I can afford to track the Miata. Right now I simply can't afford to damage the car, so I stick to autocrossing (solo 2). Some guys in the club did talk me into attending a "test-n-tune" lapping day in April of this year at Gingerman. I can't wait.

Nemesis3S-GTE
02-08-2005, 12:07 AM
I autocrossed the GT a few times before it was swapped, and I took the All-Trac to a rallycross in January. I plan to seriously get into autocross this spring, but I still can't decide which car to use. The All-Trac handles better, and keeps me in DSP instead of SM, but it needs suspension work and the motor may be on its way out. The GT is faster by far, and lighter, but it doesn't handle as well and needs axles/front suspension work.