PDA

View Full Version : why so hard to find

evilcel
04-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Just curious as to why its so hard to come across a 4th gen hatchback? I never ever see one for sale, and cant really say Ive seen one on the road either. I think they are sex, did they just not make many?

were there certain years? Ive only seen 87 and 88s

T-spoon
04-27-2007, 11:17 PM
There's one in the back here at work but not for sale. But.. I will not post pics because it would be bashed hard. Dual fart cans and cobra shaped light-up washer nozzels. It is not otherwise clean either, front facia damage and other body imperfections with a cruddy interior :( Poor thing.

PhillyDRFT
04-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Depends where your at? there are 4g hatches everywhere around here. No one really cares to take care of theres though. It's really irritating.

A girl I went to school with got an 86 GT-S hatch that only had 32,000 origional miles on it. It sat in the garage and only drove a senior couple to the grocery store and back once a week. The car was amazing. She hated it because it was "so old!". I offered her 2,000$ for it lol and she wouldent take it. She ended up hiting a shoping cart caddy and taking out the driver side fender and door, and she didn't care that one of the brat kids on her block drug his handle bars of his bike down her pass door puting some nice deep creeses in the pannel. She sickened me... I think she drives a VW now. She probly totaled it.

evilcel
04-27-2007, 11:21 PM
that sucks. Ive seen some at junkyards that looked great. I remember 1 that was almost mint cept they obviously hit something in the front. I opened the door to check it out and instantly closed the door. Now I know what a car fulla puke sitting in the texas sun is all about :puke:

T-spoon
04-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Depends where your at? there are 4g hatches everywhere around here. No one really cares to take care of theres though. It's really irritating.

A girl I went to school with got an 86 GT-S hatch that only had 32,000 origional miles on it. It sat in the garage and only drove a senior couple to the grocery store and back once a week. The car was amazing. She hated it because it was "so old!". I offered her 2,000$ for it lol and she wouldent take it. She ended up hiting a shoping cart caddy and taking out the driver side fender and door, and she didn't care that one of the brat kids on her block drug his handle bars of his bike down her pass door puting some nice deep creeses in the pannel. She sickened me... I think she drives a VW now. She probly totaled it.

People that don't know and appreciate it when they have such gems make me sad :(

1990CelicaGT-S
04-28-2007, 03:51 AM
I friend of mine just bought one. It's been fun working on it too. I won't let anything happen to it.

Shadowlife25
04-28-2007, 03:59 AM
I had one for about a month. Needed new HG and tranny so I sold it to a friend of mine. He had the $$$ to fix it, and I see it everywhere now :) Strong little runner too.

TEAMFaint
04-28-2007, 04:09 AM
I'll sell you my 86 GT for cheap :)

celicatrd93
04-28-2007, 04:14 AM
buddy of mine has a 88 gt-s 5spd sitting in his car lot with other junk cars for the past 6 years with 97,xxx he does not want to sell it for some reason, weird, he has not ouch it it, also has a rolled over 94 rx-7 with 62,xxx for 7 years and also never touched it. still to this day sitting, will take pics in few days and post them, the celica is spotless, you will live it when i take pics of it,its a shame, would love to have it. i also have not seen alot of gt-s hatch celica, they are rare.

alltracman78
04-28-2007, 05:56 AM
My first Celi was a 86 GT hatch.

I passedup a 6dp Surpa TT to ge it.

I didn['tnow any bhetterthen.....

Melchior
04-28-2007, 06:10 AM
No, no you really didn't!

insomnak8702
04-28-2007, 04:38 PM
shame on you jeremy, shame on you......
j/k

Futant3
04-28-2007, 08:07 PM
see them around here occassionally, there's a beautiful black one next town over that some high school kid drives but they seem to take care of it.

I know of an 87 gts at a junkyard that I just took the front air dam off of, as well as a bunch of other stuff. :hehe:

andy
04-28-2007, 08:55 PM
there is afew in the junkyards around here, I would really like a gts, 3sge FTW!

Slider
04-28-2007, 09:19 PM
I almost bought one as my first car, thing was clean, new white paint, the interior was loaded and it was a 5spd. It's a shame that the tranny felt like total crap. It shifted worse than the old VW Golf I test drove, but those VWs are notorious for the shifter bushings going out causing crappy shift feel. I think I've seen more 4g hatchbacks than coupes around here.

schmooot
04-29-2007, 04:01 AM
4 in the wrecking yard here.....

PhillyDRFT
04-29-2007, 05:09 AM
I always see them in auto donation yards. About 2 or 3 at a time in the junk yard, or one of the crappy "Dealers" around here. I live close to an interstate route so it's lined with 1,000$ or less dealers.

Murgatroy
04-29-2007, 05:51 AM
I saw a Grey 4th Gen Hatch today. I drove it. A lot.

I don't see that many 4th Gens around here, I saw a coupe the other day. I see lots and lots of 5th Gens, other than Chaos, and several 6th. More than enough 7th. I spot the odd 3rd gen, but I think the 1rst, 2nd and 4th Gens are the rarest.

I love my 4th Gen GT.