PDA

View Full Version : Duralast Brand Any Good?

Newbster
04-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Hi I went down to autozone to buy dist. cap and rotor and all they had in stock for those were of Duralast brand, so I got them. Are these that bad? Also, would I be able to spraypaint the dist. cap, or would that cause problems down the road?

PhillyDRFT
04-27-2007, 12:46 AM
leave the cap matte black, if you tape off the underside and all of your plugs you won't have a problem, but since it's plastic and will expand/contract with heat. it will most likely flake off from engine heat.

There not THAT bad, there just a generic autozone part. At worst it just won't last as long as a stock one would.

Murgatroy
04-27-2007, 10:19 AM
leave the cap matte black, if you tape off the underside and all of your plugs you won't have a problem, but since it's plastic and will expand/contract with heat. it will most likely flake off from engine heat.

There not THAT bad, there just a generic autozone part. At worst it just won't last as long as a stock one would.
Ding.

donteatbugs
04-27-2007, 11:24 AM
im running off brand caps and rotor buttons on all my toyotas. they work just fine but the arent made as clean or well as oem but they seem to last just fine.

Shadowlife25
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
It will do the job. I'm presently using a dist. cap and rotor of this brand on my AT. Works fine.

alltracman78
04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
They don't seem to last as long.
I had one that only lasted a month in my truck [I got it cause it was an emergency].

Stick it on for now, but source an OEM cap/rotor before it goes IMO.

Shadowlife25
04-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Point being they get you by in a pinch, but yeah like ^^ said, get OEM asap.

TheNefariousOne
04-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I've had an autozone cap/rotor on my car for oh, 2 years now I think? Still ticking.