PDA

View Full Version : Toyota overtakes GM in global vehicle sales

COLDAX
04-24-2007, 09:38 PM
TOKYO - Toyota Camry, take a bow. Prius, bask in the limelight. Strong demand for those models helped propel the Japanese car maker onto the throne as the world’s largest auto seller — at least for the first quarter of 2007.
Through a shrewd combination of investing in environment-friendly vehicles, offering sharp new models and wooing drivers with brand power, Toyota has toppled GM from the top global sales spot for the first time ever, sales figured released on Tuesday show.

Whether it becomes the world’s No. 1 automaker depends on annual worldwide vehicle production, rather than sales, and final bragging rights for that won’t be decided until production numbers are tallied for the whole year.
But analysts say Toyota is advancing precisely in those areas that General Motors Corp. has fallen behind, making it likely that Toyota will snatch from GM the title it has held for 76 years.

Toyota Motor Corp. sold 2.35 million vehicles worldwide in the January-March period, surpassing the 2.26 million vehicles GM sold in the quarter, according to preliminary figures.

THERE MORE TO READ HERE:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18286221/

Fuelish
04-24-2007, 09:51 PM
No surprise, there .... I've owned 4 Toyotas (still 2 currently, 92 GT vert and 05 'rolla S) and 2 GM vehicles , as well as 1 Ford and 1 Chrysler/Eagle/Mitsu (Eagle Summit Wagon ... a funky mini/micro-van which would have been a truly awesome vehicle had it been built by Toyota, or Honda, even....build quality sucked on that vehicle, as much as I really loved it's versatility) .... there's absolutely no doubt as to the superior company :)
Sad to say, but the almighty UAW has ruined the US automakers, and there ain't no way around that argument. F the UAW !!! (As a former UAW member, I feel I'm entitled to that remark...LOL....they did nothing but protect the slackers.....and I was for the worse, as my former UAW "job" wasn't even auto-industry related...go figure ??? but F'em all the same, bass turds !!!))

2kSnakEater
04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
gay

andy
04-24-2007, 10:04 PM
just saw it on CNN, hahaha way to suck GM. YAY Toyota! no offense i just dont like GM stuff, well not what they've done lately anyway.

COLDAX
04-24-2007, 11:23 PM
I think that even if GM started to make really good cars they have 20+ years of bad reputation to overcome. A turnaround won't happen overnight.

Fuelish
04-24-2007, 11:45 PM
gay ......mmmmm, meaning what in regards to who's post ??? .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................takes one to know one, jitbag....... GM sucks out loud !!!

bongbbreakin
04-25-2007, 02:20 AM
OMFG w00t Toyota FTMFW!!1!!!eleventy!!!!!1 GM FTL!1!!! PWN3D :hehe:

Cavanagh
04-25-2007, 02:21 AM
gay
Gay, because GM is not making quality cars like toyota and people are noticing this?

I still dont understand why your here if toyota being Numero Uno is "gay"

2kSnakEater
04-25-2007, 02:30 AM
Gay, because GM is not making quality cars like toyota and people are noticing this?

I still dont understand why your here if toyota being Numero Uno is "gay"

cause I own 2 ST185 all-tracs, an 89 Celica GT Vert and your Still on your first Celica ShitTank

TheNefariousOne
04-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Huh? You didn't really answer his question, you just insulted him for being a teenager and not having the money to afford the cars you have. I think everyone here would like an AllTrac and Trans Am if they could, but alas, many of us are still in school and such.

ciento44
04-25-2007, 02:37 AM
cause I own 2 ST185 all-tracs, an 89 Celica GT Vert and your Still on your first Celica ShitTank

He's in high school. No reason to bag on him for having an ST.

I have one. Errrr.... two.

2kSnakEater
04-25-2007, 03:05 AM
he didnt understand why im on this site, I hope he does after my reply.

plus, I dont really care if toyota is #1 #2 #14124125, its just a number, Currently Toyota doesnt make anything that Interest me, or alot of people on this site. Neither does GM to tell you the truth. I posted "gay" because I didnt want to sit here and write a big message stating that I dont care, like I just did.

Melchior
04-25-2007, 03:19 AM
If you don't care, why post?

2kSnakEater
04-25-2007, 03:35 AM
If you don't care, why post?

cause I care enought to post :)

alltracman78
04-25-2007, 03:36 AM
:scratcheshead:

Anyways, keep it civil folks. :)

grayscale
04-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Currently Toyota doesnt make anything that Interest me, or alot of people on this site.
I think you might want to speak for yourself on that one. Most people here would say they would like to have at least one of Toyotas current models such as the Tundra. I'd still like to have a 4dr Tacoma myself. Several people have mentioned the IS300 (Lexus/Toyota same smell). And then there's the vehicles we don't get here that we'd like to have and so on.

Melchior
04-25-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm with Gray, I'm not a luxury car guy, but i'll be damned if that new IS doesn't make me think about owning one one day. Like tommorow.

Murgatroy
04-25-2007, 09:12 AM
I would like an IS300.

I saw this coming, everyone in the industry saw this coming.

Wewt Toyota.

I still like the `77 Firebird more than any other car on earth.

I own two Celicas. My only ever imports. I will always love them.

85gtsblackman
04-25-2007, 02:19 PM
new tundra = evil

T-spoon
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
new tundra = evil

You mean that in a good or bad way? ;)

andy
04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
good, that thing is facking huge! When I was in highschool I only had one celica now I have 2 and 2 corollas. Good things come in time. Although highschool was alot less stressful to me. but hey, w00t toyota!

alltracman78
04-26-2007, 01:07 AM
While I do like the new Tundra, I have several issues with it.

1-cost. I know you get what you pay for, but if Toyota really want's to eat up GM/Ford sales....

2-Partial C channel fram. They say it's for flexibility. All I know is it's cheaper to make than a full box channel frame. And not as strong. :shrug:

3-Stupid truck is WAY too big for a V6, even if it is a 4.0. This is one of Toyotas downfalls. Too small engines in some vehicles.