PDA

View Full Version : 93 GT vs. 95 Eclipse GS-T

ciento44
04-22-2007, 06:42 PM
So.... There was a hard-ass out in a Civic Del-Slow talking a bunch of shit about how good of a driver he was and all that. Typical young kid, thought that the car that his parents bought him with it's 1.5 litre SOHC engine was hot shit. I told him i had a 93 Celica with 200k miles that i'd race him with. He was all gung ho about it until he saw my car pull up, with all the interior still out of it.

He was real quick to pimp out his buddy's 95 GS-T, in mint condition with less than 80k miles on it. At this point, i'm thinking, yeah, there's no way i'm beating this thing.

The kid with the Del Slow was driving.

We went from a dig, had my buddy in the GSR flag us to start, and by the time i was done with the 1-2 upshift, i was 4 cars out. By the time i shifted into 3rd, i was 5-6 cars out. Then the GS-T came back, hard. My third gear is damn near useless, and i hate it. By the time i was done with 3rd, he was 2 cars out, and to my surprise, blowing a LOT of smoke. I shifted into 4th, and he didn't pull any more.

0-100, he pulled all of 2 cars on me. Pretty sad.

And before you ask, yes. This is a kill thread.

The GS-T had to be towed. It lost ALL of it's oil by the time we finished racing, to the time that we pulled over. We think it was just an oil line to the turbo, but it was leaking hard, and they didn't want to risk more damage.

So yeah. Technically, i'm calling it a kill. ;)

Hookecho
04-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Killer!

geebes
04-22-2007, 06:52 PM
That wasn't as exciting as I had hoped. That guy must have been a terrible driver, I thought gs-t's were semi-fast. It doesnt' suprise me about the smoke and oil loss, Mitsubishi is terrible quality.

ciento44
04-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah, he was pretty bad... They're low 15s stock, or should be. A better match should have been my buddy's GSR vs. them.

I can usually bank, or bet on people not driving as well as they should, though, which is why i don't mind taking on stuff a lot faster than me, sometimes.

geebes
04-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Indeed. Good call! Most people don't know how to drive very well.

VikingJZ
04-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I owned my friend's old GSX up, down, and all around when he still had it.

They CAN be fast. You have to keep them in good shape too.

They're also total pieces of shit too.

vip09
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Haha good kill. Sounds like the Del-slow kid couldn't drive. Those cars can do high 14's stock with the right driver.

Here's a vid of me racing one that had a 14b turbo, 15psi, 3" exhaust etc. He red-lighted as you can see from the vid.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=900312652

MCcelica
04-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Which eclipse is it that is a N/A 2.0l? This homo I work with drives one but he's missing so many body panels it doesn't say anywhere. Anyways, he's always talking crap about he could beat my 7th gen in it and all this and that. Well one day my girl drove her civic and we went to go get a shitload of groceries. We got that civic all loaded up with a bunch of heavy ass shit like cat food, a grip of gatorade, dish soap, a bunch of shit. We pull out of the parking lot and he followed us out. I knew it was him and pointed him out to her. She was driving. So we pull out onto the road and he goes out right behind us and floors it to try to pass us. She saw him do it and pinned it... and she flat out dusted his ass. HAHAHA. We parked it up at our apartment and she popped the trunk just as he pulled in behind us and I went up to him and said "You got beat by a GIRL.... in a CIVIC....(lifted the trunk lid) With a whole bunch of SHIT IN THE TRUNK!!!!" Ooohh it was so hilarious. I mean don't get me wrong, my girl doesn't drive an LX or DX or HX or whatever, it's a civic Si but still, it was loaded down, had two passengers, has all of the interior in it etc on a b16a2. The best part about it though is now he doesn't talk all kinds of crap about how fast his car is anymore. He's also a shitty driver too. One night he called in that he was going to be late because his "power steering belt fell off"... I bout rolled on the ground laughing.

ciento44
04-23-2007, 02:40 AM
The GS eclipse had the 420A in it. Which.. by itself, is a shitty motor.

But, there's lots of aftermarket for it, and it likes boost. Same engine that's in the drag neon that my buddy runs.

Cavanagh
04-23-2007, 03:27 AM
Silly honda owner/ricer trying to drive manual, and on a DSM :ugh: :owned:

*no offense on the honda comment cient ;) :hehe:

celicatrd93
04-23-2007, 03:31 AM
That wasn't as exciting as I had hoped. That guy must have been a terrible driver, I thought gs-t's were semi-fast. It doesnt' suprise me about the smoke and oil loss, Mitsubishi is terrible quality.
true that my friend.

ciento44
04-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Silly honda owner/ricer trying to drive manual, and on a DSM :ugh: :owned:

*no offense on the honda comment cient ;) :hehe:

I motion for ban.

:hehe:

gt4wannabe
04-23-2007, 05:01 AM
yeah the kids a horrible driver......... hahaha smoked my friends 95 GSR in my brother 98 GS-T actually two of them on the same night the other one was a 98. And honestly i wasn't going to waste gas on them but i decided eh fuck it HEHEHE..... both from a dig and roll.... the GSR's had headstarts on the roll :P but

Yes Eclipses are very nice decent fast cars its just that they end up being very high matience cars... cause you can't abuse them, cause of their weak trannies. Eclipses and Celicas are much alike competition as the Impreza's and Evo's. Mitsubishi basically made the GS-T like a Celica ST184.5 (5SFE TRANNY bolted on to a much too powerful motor 3sgte). The GSX on the other hand still sucks, tranny is still weak compared to the All-trac's :D thats why the All-tracs were a better buy in the long run compared to the DSM's dont you wish you bought an ALLTRAC INSTEAD OF A DSM BACK THEN!?!? ahahhaha.................. Toyota.... get's the last laugh. MUAHHAHA.

TheNefariousOne
04-23-2007, 05:03 AM
The 3SGTE is really good, but dare I suggest 4G63 is better?

:runs away:

gt4wannabe
04-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Technically the 3SGTE and 4G63 are on the exact same level. Both motors can support fairly decent amount of HP on stock internals for a 4 cyl turbocharged motor, honestly the 3SGTE can probably do better than the 4G63. The only thing is that the 4G63 has a lot more aftermarket support than the 3SGTE. Its maybe because of how many cars with 3sgte's were really sold around the US compared to the cheap way around with the DSM's.