PDA

View Full Version : CV JOINT. ick, lets read on...

geebes
04-21-2007, 03:48 PM
I think this is the weekend. I need to replace my cv joint because the boot has been torn for a while now.:ohsnap: I recently did the passanger side, now its time for the driver side. Any tips?

alltracman78
04-21-2007, 04:52 PM
um

drivers side is probably easier.
Shorter shaft, no bearing to mess with.

celicaracing71
04-22-2007, 03:03 AM
not true drivers side cv is always been the hardest to replace for me idk why my only tip is make sure u got the right one cuz alot of places will sell u the wrong cv and then u either waste alota time and money tryin to get the right one or get it modded to fit

Hiko
04-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Only thing I have to say about the process is get a screwdriver or something between the tranny and axle and try to pop out the old axle like that.

Otherwise, should be a really straight forward process it you've already done the passenger side.

KoreanJoey
04-22-2007, 11:42 AM
DON'T PRY AGAINST THE GASKET... I know this from experience... although... it might be a good idea to go ahead and change the gasket if it hasn't been done in a while. Also, for your CV Nut, make sure you've got them to around proper torque at least.... over or under tighten and your wheel bearing can start having problems...