PDA

View Full Version : This forum not so great

MuscleOwnzRice
04-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Why cant i ever get a serious response out of these forums? Seems like everything i ask i get some either smart ass reponse or someone who doesnt know what they are talking about...Like to learn more about imports but this isnt helping...latest response

>>My comment on a homemade CAI
lets see one dyno proven?

Grayscale
#5332 Joined: Feb 2007
Ride: '92CelicaGTS
Trader Rating: (1)

My butt dyno says it's good so

hookecho's

#4143 Joined: Jun 2006
Ride: DK Legend
Trader Rating: (0)

exactly!

mods: 3 angle valve job, & .050in milled off head(10.5:1cr), Cams, metal head gasket, arp studs, chrome rings, CAI w/k&n filter, -2.25'' custom exhaust w/Borla muffler, msd blaster ss coil, Magnacore wires, coolant bypass mod, SAFC II

And lets see....its not just random members...both have over 1k posts

Murgatroy
04-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Dyno time doesn't grow on trees. Thus most of us that are fabbing our own intakes for $20 are not gonna plop down $150 or more for an hour of Dyno Time to see if we got more than 2 horses off of it.

I don't think you should judge an entire site based on a few simple replies. Calm down a bit.

It is commonly accepted knowlege that a CAI nets you about 1 horse at the wheel. The benefits are more towards the sound, better throttle response and an increase to fuel economy. Some have reported an increase in power across the board, but that is the curve, not the final numbers.

I think you just need to calm down a bit and not get upset. Have you ever thought it might be your attitude or the fact that some folks might find your screen name offense that are diluting the quality of the replies you seek? You were warned of this when you first joined.

vip09
04-16-2007, 05:38 PM
So your car is rated 320bhp/317tq and you put down 254rwhp/260tq.. wow that's some crazy drivetrain loss. What kind of dyno was that?

burnyd
04-16-2007, 05:40 PM
well look at it this way... majority of people who make the home made CAI are not going to put in 75 bux for 3 dyno pulls.

Conrad_Turbo
04-16-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think you should judge an entire site based on a few simple replies. Calm down a bit.

Bingo. Hard to base a site of 5500+ members on 2 posts...

Also # of posts is one thing, length of membership is another.

2kSnakEater
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=5506

GT4SOM
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah I use to have one. I think it slightly improved performance. But overall it was very little. Don't believe that it adds 10-20hp.

burnyd
04-16-2007, 05:50 PM
:lolhittin

Shadowlife25
04-16-2007, 05:56 PM
hehe.

grayscale
04-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Have you ever thought it might be your attitude or the fact that some folks might find your screen name offensive that are diluting the quality of the replies you seek? You were warned of this when you first joined.
This is your biggest problem. Your name and sig do not imply that you "...Like to learn more about imports...". That was just one of serveral of your posts that implied something more than honest interest. However, if you show a serious intentions from now on, we will make an effort to be more serious. I can't speak for others, but I'm not a Celica owner because I think they are faster than Mustangs or because I think we have the corner on the coolness market. These cars are unique and that's what we like, many of us also have a brand loyalty to Toyota. Murg has had quite a past with American muscle and still enjoys them. We just don't see that your interest is sincere. My feeling is that if I or someone else had answered that question seriously you would have just come up with another snide comment because that is all we have seen from you thus far.

Forum: General Discussion 03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Ricksta MR2 Project
Posted By MuscleOwnzRice:
"handle the hp? are they plastic?"

Forum: General Discussion 03-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Quick Review: 2001 Transam WS6
hah, the interior? who cares, was it fast? yes! typical.....

Forum: General Discussion 03-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Quick Review: 2001 Transam WS6
hah, real accepting. About half of that was good talk not even. Anyways i paid for my car so you can suck it on that one. And id like to see a few cars on here that arent engine swapped. Im not starting crap you did.

MuscleOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 01:06 AM
yet again, my name implies nothing. unless you all consider yourself rice?? and by the way that was a filter that was collapsing it on itself and old oil day i bought it. It was bone stock i havent gotten once recently.

Trance4c
04-17-2007, 01:12 AM
yet again, my name implies nothing. unless you all consider yourself rice?? and by the way that was a filter that was collapsing it on itself and old oil day i bought it. It was bone stock i havent gotten once recently.

rice...where? HA

^ just adding to the worthlessness of this website for you :bigthumbu

Colossus20v
04-17-2007, 01:15 AM
it could be the way you ask the question. Ricksta get the same type of responses because of the questions he asks or the way he asks them. I wouldnt let a couple of posts bother you that much though.

Im not sure what threads you are refering to exactly, but whatever.

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 02:42 AM
If i got my CAI for 20 bucks that would give me the incintive to get a dyno pull
-"It is commonly accepted knowlege that a CAI nets you about 1 horse at the wheel. The benefits are more towards the sound"
It DEFINITLY depends on what car..
-ur saying people get CAI more for cosmetic reasons than for perfomance?

evolution
04-17-2007, 02:56 AM
cosmetic would mean visual, he didn't even mention anything about that.

of course it depends on the car, as to what gains you will see. Mainly depends on the restriction of the OEM intake on your car. If your car has a restrictive intake tract, then you will see nice gains from a free flowing intake. If you're asking for hard numbers on performance modifications, you're going to get a lot of biased opinions (read: based on their experiences with their own cars).

lets not split hairs and get along huh?

burnyd
04-17-2007, 03:12 AM
If i got my CAI for 20 bucks that would give me the incintive to get a dyno pull
-"It is commonly accepted knowlege that a CAI nets you about 1 horse at the wheel. The benefits are more towards the sound"
It DEFINITLY depends on what car..
-ur saying people get CAI more for cosmetic reasons than for perfomance?

no... thats like saying if your car was only as fast as it sounds youd prolly run 9s... but instead contours are going what 15s ? :lolgay:

grayscale
04-17-2007, 03:30 AM
no... thats like saying if your car was only as fast as it sounds youd prolly run 9s... but instead contours are going what 15s ? :lolgay:
Haha, if that's the case, then I think he got his screen name backwards.
RiceOwnzCsvt -fixed :bigthumbu

Hookecho
04-17-2007, 03:40 AM
way to blow something way out of proportion. :thumbsdow

you've been black listed :D

This message is hidden because MuscleOwnzRice is on your ignore list

burnyd
04-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Haha, if that's the case, then I think he got his screen name backwards.
RiceOwnzCsvt -fixed :bigthumbu

well pretty much.. I meen you hear them comming then you realize its a Riced out domestic 4 door.. its worse than a camry with a fart can on it.

As far as the SVT mustang/cobra cars go... there cool smaller motor with a blower on them but Id be all over a fbody all the way. for the price of a SVT stang you can take a fbucket much faster... and they always have the same argument against fbucket owners.. blah blah we have a 289 they have to go with a 5.7l to go fast.. when they have a forced induction car.

But, when you talk about price theres many many many 4cly imports with not much money into them that would just wreck any svt mustangs life... including toyota cars.

VikingJZ
04-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Right.

I hate it when people join forums to flame an entire community. I'm sorry that we decided to purchase better quality cars than Ford can make.

Go talk about how slow our cars are on your own forum. We'll be civilized and do the same here.

celica91gts
04-17-2007, 05:39 AM

LMFAO^^^ owned :duh:

Rix86
04-17-2007, 05:49 AM
thread starter wins the "worst screen name on a celica forum" award.

That was pretty serious, no?

geebes
04-17-2007, 06:40 AM
This site is my new obsession...i'm on it way too much, everyone is nothing but helpful, convo, and threads are very entertaining, I don't know what this gentleman is refering to. Everyone here kicks ass...group hug!

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Right.

I hate it when people join forums to flame an entire community. I'm sorry that we decided to purchase better quality cars than Ford can make.

Go talk about how slow our cars are on your own forum. We'll be civilized and do the same here.

a little hyprocritial???
-slow? how is a mustang slow, sorry i mean cobra. no offence but you dont have much say in how slow some1s car is.

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 02:21 PM
"Your car is only over a second faster on the 1/4 mile than mine :ohyeah: "

burnyd
04-17-2007, 02:28 PM
"Your car is only over a second faster on the 1/4 mile than mine :ohyeah: "

um,no... I have a dyno I have a time slip.

Stock for stock I went 14.6 in my mr2 @ stock boost and what a mr2 turbo would be right off the assembly line.

@ 14psi with a 3" exhaust with the primary cat I went 13.60s.

and 1 second is alot of time....

you guys masterbate to time slips and dynos like it shows who has the biggest wang,its sad.

evolution
04-17-2007, 02:29 PM
a little hyprocritial???
-slow? how is a mustang slow, sorry i mean cobra. no offence but you dont have much say in how slow some1s car is.

i think you need to actually read before you post. my apologies if you are in fact illiterate

Right.

MuscleOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 05:07 PM
this is getting blow way out of porpotion....all i stated was my simple opinion and got attacked. I thought it might be helpful for someone to know what the potential gains of this "homemade" cai. I didnt think someone would waste there time on a "sound".

Quote:
Right.

First of all i never flamed anything, the chances are this threads gonna get me banned for no reason. Anyways what exactly IS toyota making thats so much better than ford? We have the gt500, what do you have? We have the 07 mustang gt with 303hp off the assembly line, what do you have(which runs low 13's with a good diver). Now we have the shelby gt, what do you have? Ford has the terminator (03/04 cobra) what do you ahve to even compare?

Im not starting stuff and most of my posts have just been posts to try and make sense out of some of these opinions.
You are the ones being hypocritical by saying that i shouldnt be upset about a couple of posts when you guys go back and qoute me on a "couple of posts". Yes my car runs 13's stock and low 13's now. And that cost me including car what? 13k? And im not even near my limit with just simple bolt-ons. Im not here to say what car is better, but rather defend my brand, as im sure you guys are. but seriously?

:givafuck:

burnyd
04-17-2007, 05:22 PM
First of all i never flamed anything, the chances are this threads gonna get me banned for no reason. Anyways what exactly IS toyota making thats so much better than ford? We have the gt500, what do you have? We have the 07 mustang gt with 303hp off the assembly line, what do you have(which runs low 13's with a good diver). Now we have the shelby gt, what do you have? Ford has the terminator (03/04 cobra) what do you ahve to even compare?

13's isnt really that fast. Fuck you could prolly go 13s on a fbucket with 2snakeater driving. But back to toyota.. theres really not a stock production vehicle other than a supra that goes 13s stock for stock. Mr2's with a 15 dollar home made boost controller can go 13s all day long with the exhaust unbolted. I know this because I did this.. I have a slip

kthanks

Im not starting stuff and most of my posts have just been posts to try and make sense out of some of these opinions.
You are the ones being hypocritical by saying that i shouldnt be upset about a couple of posts when you guys go back and qoute me on a "couple of posts". Yes my car runs 13's stock and low 13's now. And that cost me including car what? 13k? And im not even near my limit with just simple bolt-ons. Im not here to say what car is better, but rather defend my brand, as im sure you guys are. but seriously?

I would ruin your life on the track/street/road race/autox.. and I dont even have half as much as your car has into it to go almost twice as fast as you this year.. and its half the displacement.

MCcelica
04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Anyways what exactly IS toyota making thats so much better than ford? We have the gt500, what do you have? We have the 07 mustang gt with 303hp off the assembly line, what do you have(which runs low 13's with a good diver). Now we have the shelby gt, what do you have? Ford has the terminator (03/04 cobra) what do you ahve to even compare?

We have gas left in the tank. "First On Race Day" leads to "Found On Road Dead" because something broke and/or ya ran out of gas.

Playfortoday
04-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Why a cold air intake... what are the gains...

I think everyone here knows that colder air = deser air = more power. Everyone here knows that an aftermarket intake has no baffling and sounds "cooler". Everyone here knows that mileage increases. Why do they need to justify? We are talking about a car that has a 1.6, 1.8, or 2.2 liter engine on non-st185 platforms and does between 105-135hp at the crank. The days of FnF are over. They do the mod for fun and they do it because others do, they do it to be cool... whatever. Their culture is not the same as your v8 culture. As it was said earlier, we don't mastubate to dynos and times slips on NA motors. The 86-99 USDM celica motor is never going to be impressive overall since the cost to HP ratio is just stupid. The point here is that the gains are so small that most people here have other reasons and could give a shit about dynos after a piddly CAI.

Back in the day when companies were scrabbling for a piece of the FnF pie, they put out dynos for piddly shit and claimed absurd gains. Iceman intake and weapon-r published dyno info back in the late 90's, and they claimed about an 8-10hp crank gain. As far as I know, it was never substantiated by our members. Again, this is because we are talking about small displacement, natural aspiration, and 135 and less hp to begin with. The goal was who could say they had it done. It was status.

Nowadays, it is a <$30 mod with small payouts that bring a smile to their face. Otherwise, who give a fuck?

Now if you want to learn about major tuning and big gains with substantiated results, go to out FI forum, or mr2oc, or alltrac.net. Calling out stock NA car owners for substantiated gains is just plain antagonistic if you ask me. We have some well tuned NA's here, but they are mostly well tuned JDM spec NA's. Ask them about substantiated gains. Anyone with an "F" in their engine code that is not boosted are not going to put out gains or numbers that impress(? not sure why you are here even though you say it is to learn). Most of these guys are young and do it for the little things and the fun and community of it.

I am not trying to bash anyone with a non-boosted "F" engine. Please don't take it that way. I am just laying it out plain and simple to get it through this guys head why were are here on this site. I had a 93 Celica GT coupe before I bought my first All-trac. I did over 2 grand in head work alone, CAI, exhaust, black boxes, etc... and by the time I got to around $5000 and had picked up about 15HP and lost torque, I decided to move on before I went for a custom cam grind. This just ins't the platform for you to learn "tuning" on.

Trance4c
04-17-2007, 06:25 PM
but seriously?

Seriously what? I'm lost. I like my car, you like yours?

03terminator
04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Celicas are little good looking cars IMO. i like the way they look and i respect their power out of that little engine. half the size of a v6 stang or v6 camaro engine and makes almost the same hp. about Mrts, typical turbo car, turn the boost up and fly. I wouldn't call mustangs or f-bodys slow. 12-13 secs. cars stock. i had 06 mustang GT 5-speed manual and i ran 13.43@103mph stone stock to air filet on 18" rubber. and now i got 03 cobra and i ran 12.70@113mph with 2.1 60' stone stock to air filter.

I am a domestic guy but i have respect to SOME imports and celicas are one of them. i just like them (as long as they are not riced out).

Conrad_Turbo
04-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Im not here to say what car is better, but rather defend my brand, as im sure you guys are.

You should leave then if that's your purpose... We're here because we enjoy Celicas and Toyotas in general, not to bash Fords.

burnyd
04-17-2007, 07:30 PM
eh 13.43 on a stock 4.6l /w 18" tires and an intake? Im assuming the new motor isnt the 4.6l because that thing is a dog for a v8.

Playfortoday
04-17-2007, 07:38 PM
OK... if the trend is going to be more and more people registering from the svt forum just to post in these kind of threads, I am going to close them and delete accounts. I don't care who is here to be "cool" about this. This is now about the 5th account someone has registered from over there just to participate in threads like these. Just as conrad said above, if you are not here to learn about celicas or the engines they share with other models, then why come here. <-- notice this is missing a question mark? There is a reason. Don't debate or try to justify.

Playfortoday
04-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Celicas are little good looking cars IMO. i like the way they look and i respect their power out of that little engine. half the size of a v6 stang or v6 camaro engine and makes almost the same hp. about Mrts, typical turbo car, turn the boost up and fly. I wouldn't call mustangs or f-bodys slow. 12-13 secs. cars stock. i had 06 mustang GT 5-speed manual and i ran 13.43@103mph stone stock to air filet on 18" rubber. and now i got 03 cobra and i ran 12.70@113mph with 2.1 60' stone stock to air filter.

I am a domestic guy but i have respect to SOME imports and celicas are one of them. i just like them (as long as they are not riced out).

This kind of post is respected around here.

burnyd
04-17-2007, 07:45 PM
well 3 members + 4 guests viewing lol........

Playfortoday
04-17-2007, 07:52 PM
I went ahead and checked out his home site. He did something that I don't care for and that is cross posting over there with a link to here to show how we were reacting to his shenanigans. I hate that shit. If the guys over there were like your average honda site, this whole thread would be a board war with us sniping them and so on.

I am happy to report that everyone over there that has responded has called him out and were very, very cool about this whole situation. Hats off to them for seeming to be a really nice group of mature guys that respect our love of our cars as much as they love the SVT platform and its incarnations. To the people of SVTperformation who are dropping by, you are alright in my book. Props to all of you, and thanks for seeing through to the truth of this thread being little more than flame bait. I really appreciate it. You guys seems to be very similar to us in your attitudes. We dislike rice here and are all about tuning and making our cars as fast as possible, not to see who can put on the biggest wing and the largest exhaust tip.

I am not giving a link to the his thread on their site, because the intention is not to stir up more shit. However, I do not think it was musclownzrice's intent to keep the peace since the title of his thread over there was "lol getting mauled by ricers!" That doesn't seem too much like you really give a shit about being misunderstood here and not very respectful of our site and its members.

A big :bigthumbu to SVTperformance.com

Edit: Edited for grammurz and puctuamacation and stuffz. I am spell gud.

NDMstang65
04-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I chuckled...twice.

They quit making mustangs in the 70's anyhow ;)

Trance4c
04-17-2007, 08:18 PM
shenanigans

oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh......!!!!!
http://porchtalk.com/upload/userfiles/coleslaw/shenanigans.jpg

03terminator
04-17-2007, 08:36 PM
eh 13.43 on a stock 4.6l /w 18" tires and an intake? Im assuming the new motor isnt the 4.6l because that thing is a dog for a v8.

No, not even an intake, the car was stock :D and yes the motor is 4.6L. 05+ stangs are pretty quick.

I was looking for a celica for a daily driver last year, my mechanic told me that they are not as relaible as corollas and i bought 94 corolla 5 speed and drove it 15 days, one day while driving on the highway with buried speedo (speedo was showing 120mph but mine was sitting under that:D) suddenly baaammm, white smoke and fire, huge noise, etc. pulled over and i could see the piston by just looking at the block because there was a huge piece missing from the block. The best thing was car started 15 mins later. noise was so bad, i could only drive half miles. Toyotas are good cars. Not to mention supras potential!

there is a guy in my neighbourhood with older celica doing flyby to me everytime he sees me on my driveway working on my car or washing, etc. with his loud exhaust it is annoying. i should give him celicatech so he will learn some..

Rix86
04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Anyways what exactly IS toyota making thats so much better than ford? We have the gt500, what do you have? We have the 07 mustang gt with 303hp off the assembly line, what do you have(which runs low 13's with a good diver). Now we have the shelby gt, what do you have? Ford has the terminator (03/04 cobra) what do you ahve to even compare?

Toyota has nothing to COMPETE with that stuff.
But in the end.. fast junk is still junk.
The GT is killer. for the price it sure as hell should be.
And the mustang's interior looks like an economy car from korea.
and the GT had a serious recall it's first couple months off the line.
I like fords. If it's an old truck 78 or earlier, or an old car 69 or earlier.
mainly falcons and a few others like torino and whatnot.
How would you react if someone went on your mustang site with a screenname like "import owns domestic" or some shit?

Luni
04-17-2007, 09:16 PM
pwnt by Rix.

Thats some pwnage in itself :p

Playfortoday
04-17-2007, 09:19 PM
I have a secret obsession with owning a 2000 Cobra R. I might even trade out my alltrac for one:eek2: Beautiful pieces of machinery that handles as well as it just went. 1.0 lateral G's on this bitch and nothing to support comfort. Only raw racing and driving. My kind of car.

MuscleOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I never bashed any cars, i think all the bashing was on your guyses end. Any ways...i posted that to see how accepting other communities are. And my name does NOT say muscleownzIMPORTZ, it says muscleownzRICE. Now rice is cars with big dumbass wings and fart cans. Now a mustang CAN be rice, sorry to who ever this offended. Ill try to change my name to i like bunnies and post very specific questions with a full lay out of my intentions.

Sounds smart ass but its what your asking...

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree i dont consider celicas rice at all
by the way is there a random celica in nascar? just wonderin

Luni
04-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Dude, you totally came on here and attacked their home.

Its like going to someones house who is holding an open house for anyone and everyone, and telling them their house sucks and theyre crappy hosts.

It just doesnt go over well. My members have loyalty to each other and to this site.

If youd have phrased it a bit differently, one thing. But you cant just say "this forum not so great"

What do you expect?

T-spoon
04-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I never bashed any cars, i think all the bashing was on your guyses end. Any ways...i posted that to see how accepting other communities are. And my name does NOT say muscleownzIMPORTZ, it says muscleownzRICE. Now rice is cars with big dumbass wings and fart cans. Now a mustang CAN be rice, sorry to who ever this offended. Ill try to change my name to i like bunnies and post very specific questions with a full lay out of my intentions.

Sounds smart ass but its what your asking...

That would hold more water if you hadn't posted on your mustang board calling us rice...

PhillyDRFT
04-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I agree i dont consider celicas rice at all
by the way is there a random celica in nascar? just wonderin

No there camrys.

VikingJZ
04-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Play...I see what you're talking about now. I thought you meant that the guys coming over here to CT are good guys.

Personally, I think it's stupid for someone to create an account on a forum for a vehicle they have no intention of ever owning, nor driving. You must get a HUGE sense of accomplishment for knowing that you can take ten minutes from your day, create this account, and bash cars. You may say you don't bash our cars, however, in the several times that I have seen this done something so simple as YOUR SCREEN NAME can be found offensive.

Why?

The vast majority of people that do this proclaim all Japanese cars to be "rice." It is a term coined by American car loyalists that believe no performance value can be obtained with a Japanese car.

Now for my other post in this thread---I didn't say that Mustangs are slow. I did, however, say that I feel that many on this board decided to purchase a vehicle of higher quality than a Ford. You can make a Mustang very, very fast. That's obvious in the development for third-party performance parts offered by various vendors in the world. However, you can do many of the same things with a 3SGTE engine, or other Toyota engines. My comment was simply to state that you should keep your ignorant comments on your own board. We can and DO do the same here. If we want to talk shit about how poorly constructed newer Ford's are, then we do that. I don't know of one forum member that has created an account on another community for other vehicles for the sole purpose to put down that vehicle.

In closing, shut the fuck up.

MuscleOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 10:36 PM
i posted that because you all said my name was offensive to you, i said only if you consider yourself rice over and over again. So thats how that came to be. I understand and will try to less agressive. and ya csvt i think there are, the newer ones i think

nuclearhappines
04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
some of the BIGGEST and most respected ford/mustang/muscle magazines have run extensive dyno comparisons back to back of various cold air intakes.

I distinctly remember one magazine where one of the featured intakes made 0 hp till the car was chipped to match it. And that goes a long way towards showing the credibility of that site.

You don't have to come on here to 'ask' about cold air intakes. There are plenty of mustang specific resources about it out there that will tell you EXACTLY what you need to know with specifics , like a steeda CAI on your model mustang (if steeda makes them for your stang) would give you x hp and y ft-lbs ...

Since you own a cobra I'm going to recommend a ford lightning pulley, a snow performance AFM based progressive water injection kit, a diablo sport tune, and some exhaust work ...

Water injection will show the same effects as cold air intakes, amplified because of the extra cooling.

Again i think it was yesterday that I was looking up water injection for my car and ran into some mustang dynos of cars with WI. Some of which lost hp with just a straight up WI install, but made more power later at lower intake temps with a pulley swap and a tune (more timing/less fuel).

This is all a charade. I know you came on here to bash us.
Please go elsewhere (if you want some links to other import sites that will enjoy your type of posting more i can give you a few). and even on the shittiest sites and riciest sites, i've run into some poeople that are really genuine and active in their persuit for knowledge and performance. You can't just walk in and judge a site.

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
I havent put down any vehicles
however the 3sgte Can be veryfast (just like every engine in the world)
the 3sgte requires much more money to work on than larger displacement engines to equal the performance

MuscleOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 10:44 PM
this is actually getting stupid. I can tell who has read through the thread like comments on me wanting to know about a cai on my car? or like i joined only to bash...considering a good friend of mine is on here. Its cool, ill try to be more passive

burnyd
04-17-2007, 10:45 PM
the 3sgte requires much more money to work on than larger displacement engines to equal the performance

please change your username to csvt-mr-obvious.

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 11:01 PM
why

VikingJZ
04-17-2007, 11:03 PM
You're right, a 3SGTE may be more expensive to build as a performance engine. Do you know what's funny though? A Mustang is a boring, common car. I can go to numerous used car dealerships around the world and find a Mustang of any platform for sale. They don't hold resale value as well as a Celica, nor are they as attractive. All that shows is that a Mustang is a popular car. That's why they've made it for over 40 years. The Celica, while also a common car, is more unique, especially some of the older ones. How often do you see a 1971-1977 Celica cruising the streets? Not often. I own the only one in my area. My 1990 is also not as common a car as some out there. More people would ooh and ahh over a 1990 Toyota Celica GT packing a 3SGTE with 450WHP than a 2001 Mustang GT with the same amounts.

In agreeance with some of the others posting in this thread, your INTENTIONS are what matters when you post. Like I have said before, your name states intentions. It doesn't matter what we see our cars as, but what you see them as. If you and your buddies refer to Asian cars as "rice," then our problem is solved. Thus, you came here to insult others for a choice in automobile.

The two coming here with the Ownzrice names are pathetic. Most of your posting is misconfigured and gramatically incorrect. Ninety percent of Celica Tech members use proper English and punctuation when posting here. We usually correct those with spelling/grammar errors.

burnyd
04-17-2007, 11:03 PM
why

:laugh:

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
:laugh:

VikingJZ
04-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Oh...and what I can state based on experience, is that Japanese cars are of better quality than American vehicles.

My family has owned countless GM and Ford vehicles. ALL of them have had more flaws than desired. All of the Japanese cars we've owned have been extremely reliable. None of these have gone into a shop for stupid repairs.

I would rate Ford better than GM, but Daimler Chrysler over them all.

And for the record, my 1991 GMC Sonoma I used to own was a piece of shit. The Lumina I now own as a hand-me-down is a mediocre car. Our Olds van we own is a piece of shit. My neighbors 1997 Camaro Z28 is a piece of shit. My best friend's 2001 FORD MUSTANG GT is a piece of shit.

I've asked virtually everyone I know. They're all buying a Japanese car when their warrantees or leases are up.

VikingJZ
04-17-2007, 11:08 PM
To CSVT...There's a guy I know with a Contour SVT. It has 48,000 highway miles on it and has been the worst car he has ever owned. Contour's are known for unreliability.

I've also raced him with my GT, and come out on top.

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 11:13 PM
1980 Toyota Celica Supra 10.2 N/A
1982 Toyota Celica 12.2 N/A
1982 Toyota Celica Supra 9.2 N/A
1983 Toyota Celica GT-S 11.8 18.3
1984 Toyota Celica GT-S 11.8 18.3
1986 Toyota Celica GT-S 8.6 16.5
1987 Toyota Celica GT-S 8.6 16.5
1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac 7.7 15.6
1989 Toyota Celica All-Trac 7.5 15.6
1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 7.5 15.7
1990 Toyota Celica GT-S 10.5 17.6
1991 Toyota Celica GT Conv. 9.8 17.1
1994 Toyota Celica GT 8.4 16.4
1994 Toyota Celica GT Coupe 8.5 16.4
2000 Toyota Celica GTS 6.6 15.2
2001 Toyota Celica GTS 7.3 15.5
2002 Toyota Celica GTS 7.3 15.6

T-spoon
04-17-2007, 11:17 PM
1980 Toyota Celica Supra 10.2 N/A
1982 Toyota Celica 12.2 N/A
1982 Toyota Celica Supra 9.2 N/A
1983 Toyota Celica GT-S 11.8 18.3
1984 Toyota Celica GT-S 11.8 18.3
1986 Toyota Celica GT-S 8.6 16.5
1987 Toyota Celica GT-S 8.6 16.5
1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac 7.7 15.6
1989 Toyota Celica All-Trac 7.5 15.6
1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 7.5 15.7
1994 Toyota Celica GT 8.4 16.4
1994 Toyota Celica GT Coupe 8.5 16.4
2000 Toyota Celica GTS 6.6 15.2
2001 Toyota Celica GTS 7.3 15.5
2002 Toyota Celica GTS 7.3 15.6

Repost.

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Repost.
Repost.

T-spoon
04-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Hm, I thought there was a minimum age to have a license ..

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 11:24 PM
You're right, a 3SGTE may be more expensive to build as a performance engine. Do you know what's funny though? A Mustang is a boring, common car. I can go to numerous used car dealerships around the world and find a Mustang of any platform for sale. They don't hold resale value as well as a Celica, nor are they as attractive. All that shows is that a Mustang is a popular car. That's why they've made it for over 40 years. The Celica, while also a common car, is more unique, especially some of the older ones. How often do you see a Celica cruising the streets? Not often. I own the only one in my area. My 1990 is also not as common a car as some out there. More people would ooh and ahh over a 1990 Toyota Celica GT packing a 3SGTE with 450WHP than a 2001 Mustang GT with the same amounts.

In agreeance with some of the others posting in this thread, your INTENTIONS are what matters when you post. Like I have said before, your name states intentions. It doesn't matter what we see our cars as, but what you see them as. If you and your buddies refer to Asian cars as "rice," then our problem is solved. Thus, you came here to insult others for a choice in automobile.

The two coming here with the Ownzrice names are pathetic. Most of your posting is misconfigured and gramatically incorrect. Ninety percent of Celica Tech members use proper English and punctuation when posting here. We usually correct those with spelling/grammar errors.
This a fuckin spelling bee to you?
- what you stated were opinions
- therefore we can be content with american cars
- and you dont have to be insecure with your imports
hafe a nyce dai

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 11:27 PM
You're right, a 3SGTE may be more expensive to build as a performance engine. Do you know what's funny though? A Mustang is a boring, common car. I can go to numerous used car dealerships around the world and find a Mustang of any platform for sale. They don't hold resale value as well as a Celica, nor are they as attractive. All that shows is that a Mustang is a popular car. That's why they've made it for over 40 years. The Celica, while also a common car, is more unique, especially some of the older ones. How often do you see a Celica cruising the streets? Not often. I own the only one in my area. My 1990 is also not as common a car as some out there. More people would ooh and ahh over a 1990 Toyota Celica GT packing a 3SGTE with 450WHP than a 2001 Mustang GT with the same amounts.

This a fuckin spelling bee to you?
- what you stated were opinions
- therefore we can be content with american cars
- and you dont have to be insecure with your imports
more people "ooh ahh" over a celica having 450 hp because they spent alot of money so they are 'cool'
they dont "ooh ahh" over a stang with 450 hp because it is relatively easy

T-spoon
04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
You're going downhill faster than a ford can freefall.

bongbbreakin
04-17-2007, 11:34 PM

IB4TL!!!

comparing 3sgte's with v8's is pretty much comparing apples to bananas. v8 vs 4 cyl come on now.....in that case you could compare your motor to a 2jzgte, instead of a 3sgte. still the 2jzgte has 2 less cylinders and half the displacement then your motor.

http://www.toledotuners.com/phpBB3/images/smilies/gtfoslap.gif

Conrad_Turbo
04-17-2007, 11:36 PM
MuscleOwnzRice re-read this whole thread, and then re-read the whole thread on SVTPerformance, if you can't clearly judge what both sides have been telling you...then you're truely lost.

I enjoy Celicas and that's why I am here, however that doesn't mean I don't know of a few Mustangs that could obliterate a Celica on an autox course at a drag strip...but then I know a few Celicas that could do that to a Mustang as well. It's all up to the owner.

Kudos to the guys at SVTPerformance. :D

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 11:43 PM
tell that to ustuengt then, he started the comparison

T-spoon
04-17-2007, 11:46 PM

True, but then he's not on your svt site with a screen name aimed to cause trouble, so the "mommy he started it!" argument isn't quite going to do the trick.

CsvtOwnzRice
04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Aimed to cause trouble?
he made a comparison
i made a simple response
not near the lines of putting down imports

PhillyDRFT
04-18-2007, 12:03 AM

I just don't see the point to even compare any of it. Like is anyone going to say "Yes, our cars are shitty". I respect anyone who loves there car/motor sport/community enough to further there education through others of the same cars or even different forums. I'm a member at about 15 car forums and constantly learning whatever I can.

It's a constant cycle of knowledge that keeps us all here and it's the handfull of ignorant people who have something to prove to themselves or everyone else that ruins a lot of it. Being close minded just makes us look bad to other communitys and makes other communitys look bad to us.

Theres more to a car than speed and more to a car than looks. All of us share the same spark that at one point in time that put you where your at. Any of us could have just as easily been in Civics with fart cans, Classic Chevys, Fords or Dodge. You could even be making back yard sprint cars. Doing rallys in your subaru or autocross. Once you find a single universal platform that is divoid of all personal preference then you can all choose who has a better car. My opinions on domestic and import aside. If I have a SVT or not being a car person I like the feeling of being welcome anywhere there is more knowledge to be gained. I don't even drive a celica anymore and I still come here because a lot of members are inviting, knowedgable, helpful and generally friendly at all times. I'd hope you can and would like to say the same about your community.

CsvtOwnzRice
04-18-2007, 12:06 AM
I would say that SVTperformance is welcoming
im not trying to cause trouble

burnyd
04-18-2007, 12:37 AM
You're going downhill faster than a ford can freefall.

oh my hahahahha

Playfortoday
04-18-2007, 12:43 AM
Well, the facts are out there yet the charade continues and new flaming and smartassedness. Get out. You are both banned.

Luni
04-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Whoa, BANNED!

Playfortoday
04-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Yep banned. There was no remorse, no admitance of guilt after a hugely incriminating thread on svtperformance, flame baiting from the contour guy and disrespect of our members. They were trolls from the get-go and good riddance. Not one single contribution either other than fucking with our members.

andy
04-18-2007, 12:57 AM
thanks play! I hate asshats like that.

Playfortoday
04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
We are never fast to ban here, but they worked hard to earn it. I mean to post that svt thread over there basically admitting to fucking with all of you and then to come here and say you weren't doing anything wrong. He didn't make the choice very difficult. And then his other pal who came just for this thread... another simple solution.

He even was made to look like a fool by his own forum members because of this thread. They are some good guys over there.

celica91gts
04-18-2007, 01:34 AM
um,no... I have a dyno I have a time slip.

Stock for stock I went 14.6 in my mr2 @ stock boost and what a mr2 turbo would be right off the assembly line.

@ 14psi with a 3" exhaust with the primary cat I went 13.60s.

and 1 second is alot of time....

you guys masterbate to time slips and dynos like it shows who has the biggest wang,its sad.

a second is a crap load muscelownzrice.... u ever go to a trackmeet? olympians run 100 meters in around 9 seconds. 10 seconds is about 15 yards behind....

VikingJZ
04-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Play FTW..

I think they posted that crap over there and banked on not having anyone from CT checking it out.

Dumbasses.

They can just create a new account and try again.

VikingJZ
04-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Also, my apologies for injecting too much of my own opinion into this thread.

Once I saw their screen names and what they were saying, that pissed me off.

03terminator
04-18-2007, 06:35 AM
i am the only one left :D

Murgatroy
04-18-2007, 07:20 AM
You behaved.

Did the thread get deleted over there? I was interested in seeing it, but I can't seem to find it. Oh well.

MCcelica
04-18-2007, 08:48 AM

That was funny.

2003cbgts
04-18-2007, 08:58 AM
anyone and their brother can have a piece of shit car thats fast... but to have one that looks awesome and holds up to the test of time is somthing else... so yea run along and polish up that turd of yours buddy..

KoreanJoey
04-18-2007, 09:50 AM

That can't be right...

grayscale
04-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Wtf are those supposed to be? stock 1/8-1/4 times? Who f'in cares about stock times?

nuclearhappines
04-18-2007, 12:43 PM
you know the 90 GTS is the lightest GTs of the 90-93 series....etc

You notice how he totally ignored my post :) . He doesnt' want to talk cars or mods... he just wants to talk nothing.

-Nuke (Learn about other cars and you can embarass other car owners when they come to troll on your site member number 1 ?)

Playfortoday
04-18-2007, 01:46 PM

You are welcome to stay if you'd like.

03terminator
04-18-2007, 07:55 PM
You behaved.

Did the thread get deleted over there? I was interested in seeing it, but I can't seem to find it. Oh well.

There you go bud. Threa is still there. My nick is musclefan21 there.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380991

:bigthumbu

03terminator
04-18-2007, 07:55 PM
You are welcome to stay if you'd like.

I am always interested in meeting cool people!! :bigthumbu

P.S. that avatar is cracking me up :hehe:

2kSnakEater
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
03 Terminator :drool: the only snake that I cant beat in stock form.

I salute you :bowdown:

Playfortoday
04-19-2007, 12:43 AM
I posted a big reply just introducing us to their members and what we are about. A very good response so far. I saw a couple snipes, but that is to be expected with two sects with such a divided history.

On another note, they said they have a "show us your hot girlfriends/wives" thread. I am on that shit:hehe:

On a final note, terminator post a link to the thread. As snake said, I can't find the thread without following the link he gave. Maybe they moved it. If you decide to stop in a post, please be a positive representation of what celicatech is all about. Don't be a jerk. I am holding all of you to non-off-topic our rules while over there. Go check them out. A bunch of nice guys. I am going to start checking in to learn more about the Cobra R. :bowdown:

Playfortoday
04-19-2007, 12:46 AM
They did end up moving it from the Road Side Pub to the Smack Down Cafe.

2kSnakEater
04-19-2007, 04:27 AM
I call dibs on your top mount if you do deside to get a slobra R

celica9303
04-19-2007, 05:47 AM
play FTW

the other day i beat a svt contour by at least a car length and i car dont run right at all....lol

03terminator
04-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Everywhere has some people like that. going to a celica forum and creating a MUSCLEOWNZRICE nick and posting a thread called THIS FORUM NOT SO GREAT and then when he gets negative feedback, he bitches about it.

what did you expect dude? i would call rice to even a terminator if the dude riced it out. otherwise no car is rice. as i mentioned before this is all fun. some people just love celicas, some people can afford celicas and enjoy the great gas mileage and low insurance rate and try to go fast. nothing abnormal. if you can go fast and be cool, you will always get my thumbs no matter what you drive!

this thread is over and thread starter simply got OWNED by celica tech and svtperformance members and he deserved it..

lets move on, so, who wanna line up? :D

KoreanJoey
04-19-2007, 08:25 AM
If it's right before like 30 consecutive 10MPH hairpins maybe... otherwise... no.

Murgatroy
04-19-2007, 08:56 AM
If it's right before like 30 consecutive 10MPH hairpins maybe... otherwise... no.
I take bikes on the Dragon. :hehe:

KoreanJoey
04-19-2007, 08:57 AM
More tire contact patch is better :)

2kSnakEater
04-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Pics of the 03 Terminator OR BAN!

nuclearhappines
04-19-2007, 02:56 PM
speaking of divided history

You know the first celica was TARGETED to be the anti mustang don't you ?

Look at a 70's celica and look at a mustang fastback , they look alot alike

Then you look at the low buck 'big block' , rwd, light chassis, cheap car cocnept and you see the mustang using a sedan engine, with a ligher chassis, and using alot of sedanish parts in the coupe...and the celica using it's 'big block' 2.0s and 2.2's from it's trucks (again sharing parts to reduce costs) in a lighter chassis developing a cheap sporty car...

03terminator
04-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Pics of the 03 Terminator OR BAN!

I will post a thread on multimedia section then :D

ciento44
04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
play FTW

the other day i beat a svt contour by at least a car length and i car dont run right at all....lol

His doesn't run right either, then. :P ;) Those are real low 15s cars.

Playfortoday
04-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Uh-oh terminator, call some of your overzealous boys off me.:hehe: I was just told that to build an 800HP Supra "the right way" it would cost 75K..."end of discussion." I really didn't want it to go there, but I had to defend that statement with truth.

I am kidding. I am still firmly convinced that most guys over there know what it is all about and there is mutual respect. That is all I care about.:bigthumbu

03terminator
04-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Uh-oh terminator, call some of your overzealous boys off me.:hehe: I was just told that to build an 800HP Supra "the right way" it would cost 75K..."end of discussion." I really didn't want it to go there, but I had to defend that statement with truth.

I am kidding. I am still firmly convinced that most guys over there know what it is all about and there is mutual respect. That is all I care about.:bigthumbu

Yeah there are many guys there mature and knows things but also there are ton of douchbags too. SVTP is a very large forum and everykind of people there but majority is cool.

800hp supra 75k ?? who the hell says that? i don't know much about supras but i think with built motor, upgraded turbo, ton of boost and bolts on should give you that power and it should cost nowhere near 75k. hmm..

well, i ordered billetflow 2.76 upper pulley and 4 piece idler yesterday so should be here on monday. i already put steeda CAI and IRS brace on. i will just need to tune her and have that beatiful 450+rwhp and torque. i just can't wait.

Sean
04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm sick and tired and always miss the good stuff :( Cliffs?

T-spoon
04-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah there are many guys there mature and knows things but also there are ton of douchbags too. SVTP is a very large forum and everykind of people there but majority is cool.

800hp supra 75k ?? who the hell says that? i don't know much about supras but i think with built motor, upgraded turbo, ton of boost and bolts on should give you that power and it should cost nowhere near 75k. hmm..

well, i ordered billetflow 2.76 upper pulley and 4 piece idler yesterday so should be here on monday. i already put steeda CAI and IRS brace on. i will just need to tune her and have that beatiful 450+rwhp and torque. i just can't wait.

I'm just a little under that power right now, just need to get around to putting the new injectors in and easing the boost up just a little and hope to be not far off 500-550.

It CAN cost a ton of money if you're experimenting. It gets cheaper the more people have done something, obviously. A 93-98 supra turbo can definitely hit 800 with known tried-and-true upgrade paths. Not cheap by any standard I can think of, but not anything like 75K obviously :)

NDMstang65
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
interesting..eh i posted :)

Chris
04-20-2007, 07:54 PM
I figured I'd jump in too.

NDMstang65
04-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Bah, i'm going to do some work on a dsm

Yall have a good one :)

Narrow minded people humor me...

T-spoon
04-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Bah, i'm going to do some work on a dsm

Yall have a good one :)

Narrow minded people humor me...

DSMs explode if they know you're thinking about driving them. True story.

KoreanJoey
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM

Just ask Luni

Rix86
04-21-2007, 02:08 AM
speaking of divided history

You know the first celica was TARGETED to be the anti mustang don't you ?

Look at a 70's celica and look at a mustang fastback , they look alot alike

Then you look at the low buck 'big block' , rwd, light chassis, cheap car cocnept and you see the mustang using a sedan engine, with a ligher chassis, and using alot of sedanish parts in the coupe...and the celica using it's 'big block' 2.0s and 2.2's from it's trucks (again sharing parts to reduce costs) in a lighter chassis developing a cheap sporty car...
Are you high?
:slap:

Chris
04-21-2007, 03:42 AM
Meh, some of those guys are hopeless.

NDMstang65
04-21-2007, 06:44 AM

hah no shit, just a minor adjustment of a new fp regulator and whatnot involved

to hell with them

now i'm a troll and i have v8's and mustangs, go figure :laugh: :laugh: :wtf:

Playfortoday
04-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Anyone that still is curious about the trolls thread over there, please be cool. The type of v8 RRRAAAAWWWRRRRRGGHHH guys that are most vocal in that thread are ruining the purpose of me posting there in the first place. The only thing left going on in that thread is e-flexing.

nuclearhappines
04-21-2007, 04:06 PM
So steeda does make a CAI :) , I was right ;)

NDMstang65
04-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Anyone that still is curious about the trolls thread over there, please be cool. The type of v8 RRRAAAAWWWRRRRRGGHHH guys that are most vocal in that thread are ruining the purpose of me posting there in the first place. The only thing left going on in that thread is e-flexing.

Pretty much :)

Heading to the track know...hopefully the new pro mod car will be in the 4.1x's :D :)

crazyj0n
05-16-2007, 03:15 AM
03 Terminator :drool: the only snake that I cant beat in stock form.

I salute you :bowdown:
Hmm, not sayin ur car is slow at all but, cobras run 13s and lower s/c go 12's
and urs was 14.

PhillyDRFT
05-16-2007, 03:17 AM
and urs was 14.

http://images.nicoclub.com/forums/images/smilies/deadhorse.gif

crazyj0n
05-16-2007, 03:50 AM
http://images.nicoclub.com/forums/images/smilies/deadhorse.gif
just sayin :)
idk maybe he was talkin about his '2004 ferrari enzo'
:ohyeah:

Playfortoday
05-16-2007, 02:36 PM
NECROMANTASTIC!

2kSnakEater
05-16-2007, 03:38 PM
and urs was 14.

somebody ban this troll

2kSnakEater
05-16-2007, 03:38 PM
just sayin :)
idk maybe he was talkin about his '2004 ferrari enzo'
:ohyeah:

welcome to my Ignore list

2kSnakEater
05-16-2007, 03:39 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=5882

Playfortoday
05-16-2007, 05:00 PM
He is a young kid. Friend of Cav's. Cut him some slack.;)

2kSnakEater
05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
He is a young kid. Friend of Cav's. Cut him some slack.;)

that explains everything, he stays on my IL.

Playfortoday
05-16-2007, 08:03 PM
He may have already been banned once. If so, IP ban time.