PDA

View Full Version : gotta fix-it ticket for aftermarket tint

JasonX
04-16-2007, 06:54 AM
today I gotta fix-it ticket for having tint on my front side windows ( 35%) . great..... guess he was bored. do any one of you know how i can get out of it without removal? it's just pain in the neck. I live in CA. if you guys know anything that would be awesome. thanks

PhillyDRFT
04-16-2007, 07:05 AM
From what I hear CA is strict on auto modification. I think it would be cheaper to take your tint off and re tint it a legal % or take the fine if it's lesser. Your only getting out is if you know a cop who can talk to someone for you.

grayscale
04-16-2007, 09:51 AM
I thought you couldn't have tint at all on your front sides in Cali.

atrac7gts
04-16-2007, 03:11 PM
damn that sucks...over here i got my celica tinted all around for a 140 bucks total WITH something called "tint" insurance. i pay the guy who tinted it 10 dollars extra per year for this. pretty much what it means is if i get pulled over for my tints and have to show up to the station to prove i took it off, i could just go to the TINT guy, he will take the tint off for me, i get to drive to the station, let them see it lol, and go back to the shop and he'll put the tint back on for me :)

Shadowlife25
04-16-2007, 05:50 PM
If you're friends with a cop they can just write it off for you.

91 celica st
04-16-2007, 11:26 PM
ha shadow your girlfriend works in dennys in napa dosent she? i put a note on your car the other day asking to buy it....lol you live in the same tonw as me. thats trippy

anyway yea you cant tint windown in cali if its in parallel to the driver and forward. so you cant tint the windows or ront window. if it was a 4 door you could tint the rear and rear seat windows.

grayscale
04-17-2007, 01:02 AM
That's what I thought I remembered it being. It seems like Jason meant he had his tint too dark. I doubt the cop was bored, peolpe get pulled for tint violations everywhere all the time, cops really seem to have a fit over it.

Shadowlife25
04-17-2007, 03:12 AM
ha shadow your girlfriend works in dennys in napa dosent she? i put a note on your car the other day asking to buy it....lol you live in the same tonw as me. thats trippy

OMG, BUD???!!! Are you stalking me? LOL

Seriously dude, we gotta hang. I'm gonna call you right meow. :bigthumbu

grayscale
04-17-2007, 03:33 AM
Mario- everytime I see your sig I LMAO. Good one :bigthumbu

Shadowlife25
04-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Hehe, I'm glad someone appreciates it!

celica91gts
04-17-2007, 05:33 AM
same thing happened to me, i had 29% and legal limit is 35% so yeah. we got shitted on by cops that were having a bad day. when i went to court (hafe to since i was only 17) the judge looked at my reciet for fixing it and threw the ticket out the window, cops to it to give us a bad day... it wasnt that dark and i had both my windows halfway down.... makes u wonder if their really there to protect and serve.

JasonX
04-17-2007, 06:14 AM
damn that sucks...over here i got my celica tinted all around for a 140 bucks total WITH something called "tint" insurance. i pay the guy who tinted it 10 dollars extra per year for this. pretty much what it means is if i get pulled over for my tints and have to show up to the station to prove i took it off, i could just go to the TINT guy, he will take the tint off for me, i get to drive to the station, let them see it lol, and go back to the shop and he'll put the tint back on for me :)
i think i'm gonna try something like that :)

JasonX
04-17-2007, 06:16 AM
i don't have a friend who's a cop. but, i was a former Marine with veteran sticker on my car. that's why i dont get why didnt get a break in the first place. so, i'm gonna try to sweet talk them into writing it off. if not, then i'll go to the shop.

JasonX
04-17-2007, 06:24 AM
same thing happened to me, i had 29% and legal limit is 35% so yeah. we got shitted on by cops that were having a bad day. when i went to court (hafe to since i was only 17) the judge looked at my reciet for fixing it and threw the ticket out the window, cops to it to give us a bad day... it wasnt that dark and i had both my windows halfway down.... makes u wonder if their really there to protect and serve.
i gotta see if Arizona and Cali the same. it's kind of confusing. some can have 35% ( which is what i got in the front windows) and some say can't have any. I got the quarter panels and rear limo. I think when you look at them at an angle they kinda blend and makes them all look dark. well, i'm on a hunt to find a cop not busy and seems in a decent mood. so, i can have them write it off. if not oh well, i'll try to find a shop who'll do the tint insurance deal. i think as long as they can see you what's the big deal. oh well, thanks for the input guys

celica91gts
04-17-2007, 06:36 AM
i gotta see if Arizona and Cali the same. it's kind of confusing. some can have 35% ( which is what i got in the front windows) and some say can't have any. I got the quarter panels and rear limo. I think when you look at them at an angle they kinda blend and makes them all look dark. well, i'm on a hunt to find a cop not busy and seems in a decent mood. so, i can have them write it off. if not oh well, i'll try to find a shop who'll do the tint insurance deal. i think as long as they can see you what's the big deal. oh well, thanks for the input guys

i live in tucson az man, the limit is 35%

JasonX
04-17-2007, 07:05 AM
well, that's why i gotta check it out. i'm in cali. they might not be the same. i really hope it would be.

91 celica st
04-17-2007, 08:50 AM
cant have any tinit from the front doors forward. to be honesty can get away with a little but not much. CHP owns u

91 celica st
04-17-2007, 08:51 AM
OMG, BUD???!!! Are you stalking me? LOL

Seriously dude, we gotta hang. I'm gonna call you right meow. :bigthumbu

i just txted you. had some gay shit go down tonight i had to take care of in vallejo. hit me up tmrw before like 5 or 6

celica9303
04-17-2007, 09:26 AM
cops dont care in toledo..... only if they are really really bored they stop you for tint

JasonX
04-18-2007, 01:00 AM
you're right. in Southern Orange County there isn't any real crime so they pull over skateboarders and little tuners. Oh well, it was just my lucky day and now gotta take care of it and get over it. Thanks a bunch for the replies. My final decision: keeping the same tint after I get it resolved.

schmooot
04-18-2007, 03:09 AM

thats pretty cool

Blue Scapegoat
04-18-2007, 05:01 AM
cops dont care in toledo..... only if they are really really bored they stop you for tint

Yeah, I live in Medina Ohio.
Ohio's law is 50% light transmission on front side windows, none on windshield, and any tint on rear and rear sides.

I got pulled over for mine, 26% light transmission, but it wasn't a gotta-fix-it ticket. Haven't been stopped since, and it's been a good 4 months.
:Ban1:

celica9303
04-19-2007, 04:33 AM
my buddy has 20% all round on his tc and has never been stopped at all, the cop didnt even say anything about the tint when he go a speed ticket

JasonX
04-19-2007, 06:17 AM
yeah. it's supposingly same in Cali. cops don't really care too much. depends on the cop's mood. maybe his girlfriend broke up with him or something, i don't know.. lol

9VNMOUS9
04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
that sounds awesome, how did you manage to get that insurance on it? I would say just take the tint off getting back on topic. Unless its really worth it to you

JasonX
04-20-2007, 06:31 AM
that sounds awesome, how did you manage to get that insurance on it? I would say just take the tint off getting back on topic. Unless its really worth it to you
I think it is worth it, cause i really like the looks of it. and i like a bit of privacy. especially not always parking in the best areas. I don't want people looking in my car. and also and it's real sunny it makes more shade. it's a real stupid law anyways. to me as long as you can see the driver it should be fine. plus this was the first time i got pulled over for it anyways. it's something not very likely to be pulled over for. especially with what i had.

atrac7gts
04-20-2007, 06:49 AM

here in metro detroit they're not THAT rigorous on the law...which is why some tint-ers here, offer the insurance as, pretty much an incentive to choose THEM for the tints because they know they won't have to actually go through the replacing process as much..nonetheless, for the small extra fee, it's a good peace of mind thing to have :)

grayscale
04-20-2007, 09:15 AM
^ I wish I had that. I put something in the car one day a scratched the tint on the hatch window, pissed would be an understatement.

JasonX
04-21-2007, 06:25 AM
same thing happened to my driver side window. it was on the corner of it and made it peel a tad. i put a piece of scotch tape on it.

JasonX
09-30-2007, 08:34 AM
i took to tint off, had it signed off by the police station and then a couple of weeks later i got the 30% in the front windows back on. haven't been pulled over yet (been about 2 months)

91 Celica GT-S
10-01-2007, 05:19 AM
i got limo in the rear and the small windows with 20% in the front im in cali and havent been pulled over yet. but im in the hood cops have betterer things to worry about they damn pigs threw my weed away. at least they were nice.
the tint is starting to get scratched from the pad thing thats suppose to hold the window like where the rail is at. anyone else have this problem or is it just cheap tint? i want to take it off and put limo in the front but i dont want it getting scrathched as well.