PDA

View Full Version : adjustable camshaft moves?

toyotatuner
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
yes as it implies...i have HKS adjustable camshafts on my celica and i have been trying to fix problem...ended up being rusted out fuel tank causing severe hesitation once moving...when all all of sudden my timing goes from correct to WAY OFF!!. oookkk. check everything and then go to the God foresaken timing cover removal(without taking out the engine mount...pure laziness) and find out the good news.

The bolts holding the adjustable cams in place have loosened up and moved themselves some 6 degrees off and about to give me some piston slap. WHEEEE! wondering if this has happened to anyone else? and should I locktite those bastards in place?

andy
04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Ok, first off, your piston will never hit your valves from a timming problem, the 5sfe is non interferance. Second you have adjustable cam gears not camshafts. and to fix your problem get some red locktight and crank down those bolt with some of that on the threads, it wont come off.

Luckynumber5
04-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Read his sig man, 3s swap lol

andy
04-13-2007, 05:22 PM
once again pwned by teh sig. sorry dood, but you still have adjustable camshaft gears not camshafts. i hope.

donteatbugs
04-13-2007, 06:30 PM
it should be non interference too though

toyotatuner
04-19-2007, 08:13 PM
ok long time...exams just put a nice hole in my pantaloons. so yea ur right it is cam gears not camshafts (#$*( newbie mistake!) so it is worth puttin some locktight on that huh. will definetly get to locktighting then. thanks guys.