PDA

View Full Version : Importing a St205 From the UK....

burnyd
04-11-2007, 07:42 PM
I searched all I could and honestly could not find anything on this site or others... has anyone ever tried it? Does anyone know anything about importing a vehicle from another country... especially uk? I just wonder this as Im on their ebay and their version of autotrader looking at st205's they really dont go for much.

RafaCalde
04-11-2007, 08:36 PM
gt4oc.com, you could find one there. as for shipping they might be able to give you a few suggestions.

donteatbugs
04-11-2007, 08:40 PM
i want one too...so maybe we could get a 2 for one deal...im guessing around 12k imported?

burnyd
04-11-2007, 08:43 PM
well.. in us currency for cars in great condition around 70k .. also Miles... are going for around anywhere from 5-8 thousand US dollars. Seems like a pretty good price. Im wondering who does international shipping and how much it would cost. Once something like that got here.. Im wondering how to give it a vin and make sure that it can be reg here in my state of PA.

donteatbugs
04-11-2007, 09:42 PM
prolly through your local toyota dealership and dmv. i think there is a couple people that have brought them in but i dont know if they were ever registered.

Gary
04-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Useful link
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

burnyd
04-11-2007, 11:38 PM
^^ lots to read there ima do it tonight seems interesting.

2kSnakEater
04-12-2007, 12:20 AM
look up on how to import a Skyline, when you read those rules replace "skyline" with "ST205"

burnyd
04-12-2007, 12:24 AM
^^ lol... but the skyline was never produced in america the celica was. So....its going to be different.

TEAMFaint
04-12-2007, 12:35 AM
^^ lol... but the skyline was never produced in america the celica was. So....its going to be different.

Actually no, it does not matter of the type of car that is imported, or whether it is RHD or LHD, its the age of the vehicle, and it being from another country.

For instance, you cannot import a 2000 BMW 325 RHD from another country and insure/register it with ease, you won't be able to do it, simple as that, even though it was sold in the US/Canada.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

burnyd
04-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Actually no, it does not matter of the type of car that is imported, or whether it is RHD or LHD, its the age of the vehicle, and it being from another country.

For instance, you cannot import a 2000 BMW 325 RHD from another country and insure/register it with ease, you won't be able to do it, simple as that, even though it was sold in the US/Canada.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

well basicly what I am saying is everyone says.. this guy says, I heard.. thats all you ever hear.. just need to see it on paper somewhere exactly what process is needed to do. Ima check up on that link later tonight.

GT4SOM
04-12-2007, 01:02 AM
http://evolutionimports.com/usedcars.php?page=2&perpage=5

You are better off checking with this site and importer. I know for a fact they had a st205 in there like mayber a year or 2 ago. I think they wanted something like 17 grand. IT was pretty sweet. I would have bought it but I know there wouldn't be any bank out there willing to finance.

GT4SOM
04-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh yeah correction.
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9470
I posted it up on that date. Looks like it was 19k with 37k miles on the clock. Still wasn't a bad deal.

Playfortoday
04-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Importing is easy. It is the fact that as a US citizen, you can never legally register it if it has not been crash tested here. You can get a show car or off road exemption though. The only other way is if you are military. Most people don't talk about how they do it, but it involves taking VINs off one car and moving it to another;) When I have the money, I plan to source a LHD 205 and register it as a show car that gives me a minimum mileage allowance.

Playfortoday
04-12-2007, 01:24 AM
I just sent them a message requesting a ballpark on price.

geebes
04-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Dude a 205 would be the shiiiiiiiit! If I were to import anything, I would still have to go with the 22b! Come one, anyone?

CandianCelicaGT
04-12-2007, 02:40 AM
A guy locally has a skyline, it's fully legal.

Car has to be x# of years old before it can be imported (at least in canada) because it doesn't meet safety standards. Once it's that "magic" age, it can be legally registered without the illegal switching of VINs.

TEAMFaint
04-12-2007, 03:13 AM
A guy locally has a skyline, it's fully legal.

Car has to be x# of years old before it can be imported (at least in canada) because it doesn't meet safety standards. Once it's that "magic" age, it can be legally registered without the illegal switching of VINs.

We have the 15 year old rule.

Us has 25 year.