PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Trail Rally

RallyK
04-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Here it comes again!

I'm flying out west to compete in one of the years best national rally events!

http://oregontrailrally.com/image/obj226geo1258pg1p8.png

WWW.OREGONTRAILRALLY.COM

:USA: Chris Walsh
:USA: Kristin Chute aka RallyK

In the 1998 Red Subaru Impreza RALLY CAR!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/rallyk/chrissub.jpg

Go to WWW.RALLYKRACING.COM to see pictures from our last race!

Tentative schedule of events:

Thursday, April 19, 2007:
11 AM - 1 PM - Rally America Fan Fest at Portland's Pioneer Courthouse Square. This event will feature ~20 rally cars, music, vendors, and excitement in advance of the Oregon Trail Rally.

Friday, April 20, 2007:
9 AM - 1 PM - Tech & Registration at RALLITek.
3 PM - 9 PM - Stages at Portland International Raceway.

Saturday, April 21, 2007:
9 AM - 10 AM - Park Expose at Hillsboro Stadium
10:01 - 6ish - Rally stages, with Service in Vernonia
8 PM - Mid Rally party at the Hillsboro Red Lion Inn (Host Hotel)

Sunday, April 22, 2007:
9 AM - FCO starts from Vernonia, Sevice in Vernonia
4 PM - First Car finishes in Hillsboro
5 PM - Finish Banquet at the McMenamin's Cornelius Pass Roadhouse

Stop by and see a great race if you are in the area! I'll introduce you to Travis Pastrana & his codriver Christian Edstrom if you would like. :hehe:

Here's a great example of an on-stage shot of a rally car:
http://www.metalmarks.com/press/HavasOT.jpg

Please refer to the above Oregon Trail Rally website for spectator information. One of the unique things about rally is that if you want to watch a stage you must arrive twice as early as the rally cars so you can get on stage and in place. Once you're there, there's no going back, you watch them pass, perhaps watch them pass on the way back then wait for the control car to pass then you can leave. It's a long day so pack food and bring rain gear because if there's one thing I've learned about the west coast is that if it's not raining just wait a minute.

Please Volunteer!!!
Help is always needed at a rally event! And greatly appreciated by competitors! The best part is that you get access to stages, you can get up and personal with the rally cars and drivers, you get to see the inner workings of rally, and you feel a sense of accomplishment! That's how I got started in competition.

VikingJZ
04-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Oregon is the greatest state in the union.

grayscale
04-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Oregon is the greatest state in the union.
Pfft. Nice place to visit. :bigthumbu

Good luck with the race! Let us know the outcome.

BTW, I didn't know Pastrana decided to ride on four wheels now.

Luni
04-09-2007, 11:05 PM
K you know I love you and Id be there too but I burned all my vacation for now. Good luck tho K.

geebes
04-11-2007, 02:55 AM
They need a Washington state rally! I wanna watch one really bad. Good luck to you sir.

Disco Dan
04-11-2007, 05:25 AM
You have died of dysentery. :(

Luni
04-12-2007, 09:49 PM
They need a Washington state rally! I wanna watch one really bad. Good luck to you sir.

Just a few months ago in WA there was a rally event called Doo Wops rally.

I was there. So were about 6 other people from CelicaTech.

RallyK codrove there too.

geebes
04-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Just a few months ago in WA there was a rally event called Doo Wops rally.

I was there. So were about 6 other people from CelicaTech.

RallyK codrove there too.

Damnit! Where about in wa was it? and where did you find out about it? I wanna see one so bad!

KoreanJoey
04-13-2007, 09:15 AM
The last one was in the Aberdeen area.

geebes
04-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I think the EA Wa area would be great for a rally!

dmboy_wsu
04-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Doo Wop was fun...
PICTURES!! (http://photocdhaven.smugmug.com/Cars/305992)

Northwest Rally schedules here:
http://www.northwestrally.com/schedule.html

So I plan to go, Friday/Saturday anyone interested in carpooling/ sharing a room?

RallyK
04-17-2007, 01:17 AM

Well first of all, Washington has 2 major rallies. Doo Wops and Olympus.
Olympus is at the end of May.
Go to www.rally-america.com for more information.

Second of all, I am RallyK and I am NOT a SIR. In fact, if you read the first post over again you'll notice that it says :USA: Kristin Chute (AKA RallyK). Kristin is a chick name. But I go by "K" because Luni calls me that and I like it.

Luni
04-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Yeah, K is definately not a sir.

:)

dmboy_wsu
04-17-2007, 03:25 AM
...Kristin is a chick name. But I go by "K" because Luni calls me that and I like it.

Uhhmmm.... Ohh "K" :hehe:

Look forward to seeing you at the rally

KoreanJoey
04-17-2007, 03:34 AM
K K.

RallyK
04-18-2007, 01:58 AM
lol

Disco Dan
04-18-2007, 02:28 AM
I still think the 323 is still the sexiest of that car collection.

RallyK
04-18-2007, 08:29 PM
yeah I had a 323 GTX up until last month when my dad hauled it off. grrr

Well, I am flying out now so if anyone from the area wants to stop by then come say hi to me! Can't miss me, Red suit with the Red impreza

jason
04-20-2007, 05:10 AM
were you at pioneer square today in portland with the rest of the rally folks? I stopped by on my way to school to see the cars.

RallyK
04-24-2007, 07:06 PM
I was in pioneer square on thursday but only from 12:30 to 1. I talked to Trav a bit, got a sammich at subway, then headed out with some of the officials to the press stages. That was a fun day. No stress, no working, just watchin and takin pictures. :)

Did anyone come spectate at the rally?

I'm surprised it's not on here already but.....

I'll give you the full story.

Day one: Spectator stages, we took it easy because none of the scoring contributed to the whole weekend. Strictly for show.

Day two: We pretty much kicked ass. Given that it was our 3rd competitive rally, ever, we did pretty well to come in 3rd in class and 11th overall in regionals. WOOT

Day three: Stage 1 was just TONS of fun. stage 2 was almost all uphill and guess what? our clutch didn't like it. We had some problems with it at Doowops and I just assumed he had replaced it (nope). So we were struggling to get through stage 2. Well, we finally found some speed and we took a corner too tight and found the inside brush. It was infact brush covering LOGS. We got stuck. We watched all the other rally cars go by, gave em a thumbs up, and waited impatiently for the sweep truck to come pull us out. They successfully pulled us out the same way we came in and in the process our bumper got caught on a log and popped off. I ran over, yanked it off, gave it to the sweep guys and said "We'll get this later, CYA!" Buckled myself back up and off we went to finish the stage. Since the clutch cooled down a bit, it made it through just fine.

Off we went to service, had everything looked over, cleaned out the wheels, etc. BACK to stage one we go.

Stage 3 was wonderful (again- a repeat of one) but I could feel the cluch fading and could smell it too.

Stage 4: once again uphill! whining badly, smelling badly, it was so sad. We finished the stage and began our transit back to the headquarters for the Main Timing Control (finish). Our clutch quit.

OUT OF NOWHERE comes a red GT4. I promptly inform the owner of the celica (eric gearhart) that he will be towing us all the way back to the HQ. I knew if there was any car that could pull this weak subaru it was a GT4. At first he was pulling the subie in the break down lane at 30 mph. I said "I know this thing can go faster" so i pushed him to go 50. It pulled without a strain.

End of story.

Luni
04-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Eric is awesome. I liked that guy alot.

TheNefariousOne
04-25-2007, 01:54 AM
You needs a better clutch in that thing, methinks. Nice job nonetheless tho.

RallyK
04-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah I told Chris that at Doowops. Guess he didn't do it. That'd be my first priority. you can take off bumpers if they get broke. You can't fix the clutch in a 10 minute service.

dmboy_wsu
05-01-2007, 05:10 AM
You can if you're Korean Joey....

http://pstoc.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2463&hl=

BTW Your welcome for the Tow. I ended up towing Joe's Car last week too.

KoreanJoey
05-01-2007, 05:47 AM
You can if you're Korean Joey....

http://pstoc.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2463&hl=

BTW Your welcome for the Tow. I ended up towing Joe's Car last week too.

ROFL, Alltrac the new sweep vehicle. Trying to stop the my car + the alltrac is hard on the brakes... :(