PDA

View Full Version : New high power hybrid accord?

Schmleff
12-03-2004, 04:47 AM
What gives Brad? Give us the skinny

medivh66
12-03-2004, 04:54 AM
Honda Web Site (http://automobiles.honda.com/info/prototypes/accord_hybrid.asp)

More Power
The 255-hp Accord Hybrid teams a gasoline engine with the added boost of an Integrated Motor Assist™ (IMA™) electric motor. Both pieces work together in harmony to seamlessly maximize performance and fuel economy to create an exhilarating driving experience.

USA Today Review (http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2004-06-30-accord-hybrid_x.htm)

The hybrid system teams the Accord's 3-liter gasoline V-6 with a modest electric motor that kicks in when additional power is needed. Hybrids shut off their gas engines at stoplights and other long pauses.

The Accord will shut off half the V-6's cylinders under light load to save even more. Honda's redesigned 2005 Odyssey minivan will have the cylinder shutoff feature, too. General Motors and DaimlerChrysler also use cylinder shutoff on some models.

Accord hybrid will be rated 255 horsepower vs. the gasoline V-6's 240 hp

medivh66
12-04-2004, 04:00 AM
apparently nobody cared

Borinal
12-05-2004, 10:15 AM
It's cool, but nope, I don't really care. The only cars I really care much about have a place for my ass, a lass and a tank of gas! hahaha

jai
12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
i care...one questions no ones' answered is that is this toyota's gen1 hybrid technology. I know the current prius has the gen3 version of the same technology. The new camry will have the gen3 of the hybrid technology, from what i've heard!

(BTW: i think last i read altima 3.5 just signed with toyota to use their gen1 hybrid technology in those babies). So we're always a few gen's ahead...thats rather sweet...but a unknowing customers will not differenciate between gen1 hybrid sytem verus gen3 hybrid system!

gt_turbo
12-07-2004, 01:37 AM
yes i noticed that hybrid accord as well. thats pretty sweet how it works and all. toyota is also moving into the hybrid's as well. i'm begining to think that the purely gas engines are going to be on their way out within the next few years.

medivh66
12-07-2004, 02:42 AM
i cant wait till they start using hybrid technology to start making performance cars. like the volta

gt_turbo
12-07-2004, 02:52 AM
yea that's insane. have you seen the formula one car that toyota made with 4 electric motors at each wheel. i think it was like 100hp each motor or something. its been a while i forgot. but its damn sweet.

Schmleff
12-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Electric motor have high torque. Think about it, its always on a power stroke.

It will not be long before guys start chipping them to get more current to the motors.