PDA

View Full Version : trouble lining up new panel below lid.

zmile06
04-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Ok so i got a new license plate panel painted etc. Cost me 160 im like its worth it even though its brighter then the rest of my paint...

But im having the same problem as i did with the old one. I cant get the rear lights and the bottom left ends to line up correctly. I was in a car acident and was rear ended, but all it did was do minor damage. It bent the hell out of my rear reinforcement bar and bumper and it also affected my rear license plate panel some.

The trunk sticks out past the license plate panel. So its obvious the license plate panel is coming in too far. My question is how the hell am i supose to fix that? Did she push in the rear frame of my car? She pretty much went under my car so im not sure how should could of affected it that much,.

How am i supose to fix this? Any help would be apreciated.

partyball
04-03-2007, 06:47 AM
post some pics maybe that could help alittle

1990CelicaGT-S
04-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Unfortunatly it sounds like the back is bent to your peice wont line up properly. You can fix it but you'll have to do some rear end body work to correct the collision damage.

T-spoon
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I keep sayin, but folk don't want to listen. Any time there's a significant impact on a unibody it will be hard to get everything to line up properly again. There isn't a "frame" to have been bent, but the back panel that forms the structure of the back of the trunk is probably bent and or pushed forward a bit, consequently there may be malforming of the trunk floor panel. It's possible even the rear wheel house on one or both sides is pushed forward a bit too but it may be difficult to make everything line up perfectly again. It's like taking a box and shoving in at one corner, every side that touches that corner will have to be pulled straight.

zmile06
04-04-2007, 05:42 PM
So because a lady hit me going 20 mph i cant line the panel up correctly?

When you say rear end body work wtf am i gona have to do?

zmile06
04-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Its really not off by much, ill take some pics today.

1990CelicaGT-S
04-05-2007, 04:55 AM
So because a lady hit me going 20 mph i cant line the panel up correctly?

When you say rear end body work wtf am i gona have to do?

Unfortunatly yes. We'll have to see about the work when you get those pictures.