PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a complete strut assembly?

ibanezgfx
02-01-2005, 11:58 PM
every web site i find only sells the insert for the front struts. i need a full assembly for my right side because its bent. i went to toyota today and they sell them for $150 each. im sure i can get them for cheaper.

the junk yard i got my control arm at wanted 100 for the strut assembly with everything even a spring. i might just go there and buy that without the spring.

thanks for the help

kinick313
02-02-2005, 12:34 AM
taha one hundred for a housing, (probably broken) insert, and a spring? You should find a new junkyard.

have you checked out the parts for sale forum? there are a couple 5th gens being parted out. You could probably get it for cheap seeing as how no one usually buys that.

85gtsblackman
02-02-2005, 12:55 AM
autozone, discount advanced auto parts

kinick313
02-02-2005, 02:44 AM
i don't think you can get the front housings from autozone or aap, maybe im wrong tho

jai
02-02-2005, 08:18 PM
get all the part numbers from the dealership and ask the online toyota stores.

TRDmkII
02-03-2005, 06:51 PM
well i had this same problem when i was looking for a strut assy, my whole car was hit before i bought it and the right front strut was broken, i found that you cannot get from anyone except toyota front strut assys, they only sell the strut inserts....good luck, i'd go with the junkyard, the one by my house sold me one for 70....including spring and mount.