PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control Delete?

1990CelicaGT-S
03-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Just interested in how I could go about beridding my Celica of it's cruise control. Would I just have to take the throttle cable out? Or would there be wiring envolved also?

Thanks for the imput.

Hookecho
03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
why get rid of it? you can always unplug the vacuum line and cap it off. also, unplug the harness. that would stop it from working.

1990CelicaGT-S
03-27-2007, 01:41 PM
I don't use it. I just want to take it out of the engine bay all together.

grayscale
03-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm not positive, but you should be able to just yank it all out. I don't think anything else is dependant on it, I know it's dependant on other things like the clutch safety switch. Like hook said, since you have the vaccum controlled type, just cap the lines or the source of the lines themselves to be on the safe side.

1990CelicaGT-S
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I think the bay would look a little bit cleaner with it removed. Would capping the vaccum line affect anything else though?

grayscale
03-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Only if the vac runs to the cc and then back to something else, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

2kSnakEater
03-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Dont take it out, if you dont use it just leave it alone. You will sell your Celica one day and then the new owner might want cruise control but since the previous fucktard took it out to make the engine bay "look cleaner" he will have to go to 10,000 junkyards to find the right stuff and then have to work his ass off trying to install it again just to figure out that the previous fucktard just capped off the lines and cut the wires in the wrong place and new owner just gets a gun and fucking kills himself because to fix the problem would require so much time/effort/money that the car is now junk.

cliffnotes: LEAVE IT ALONE

p.s. this is a sore subject, sorry if I offended anybody.

grayscale
03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
:laugh: :laugh: Here's a better idea that would solve both problems- take it out and do it correctly.

Murgatroy
03-27-2007, 07:27 PM
I am gona take mine out on Mudhoney when I take the AC off.

I am gonna have to drop the engine here in the next few weeks to replace my rear main, I plan on having a lot more room in the engine bay when I am done.

Resale value is never my concern.

1990CelicaGT-S
03-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Dont take it out, if you dont use it just leave it alone. You will sell your Celica one day and then the new owner might want cruise control but since the previous fucktard took it out to make the engine bay "look cleaner" he will have to go to 10,000 junkyards to find the right stuff and then have to work his ass off trying to install it again just to figure out that the previous fucktard just capped off the lines and cut the wires in the wrong place and new owner just gets a gun and fucking kills himself because to fix the problem would require so much time/effort/money that the car is now junk.

cliffnotes: LEAVE IT ALONE

p.s. this is a sore subject, sorry if I offended anybody.

Bad experience?

grayscale
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
To say the least...

Hookecho
03-28-2007, 01:30 PM
just be sure to keep everything so it can be reinstalled if you sell it.

1990CelicaGT-S
03-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Definatly.