PDA

View Full Version : scariest encounter/incident with your celica?

atrac7gts
03-24-2007, 06:38 PM
mine was when i first got my celica and i thought i was a badass/dumbass by multi-tasking with a cell phone by trying to find someone's number, while driving down i-75 highway the road curved and i actually seamlessly just merged into the lane to the right without noticing it and when i finished looking through my phone i look up and i see a 16 wheeler literally like 7 feet in front of me and i was going about 90, had no time to do anything so my only impulse was swerve hard right again right onto the shoulder (AND THEN REALIZED THAT THE SHOULDER WAS ABOUT TO END)...and with all the adrenaline in me at the time i downshifted to 4 and tore through the shoulder JUST as it ended (and the truck was approaching side by side pretty much) and i BARELY haired cut in front of the truck...and now thinking back on it i realized that if i was probably 5 MPH off on the shoudler i wouldn't have made it and probably would have been broadsided by the truck coming out the shoulder.

i dunno. just felt like sharing, and wondering what stories you guys have had on the road that was memorable?

CandianCelicaGT
03-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Turning off the highway ,the ramp was like 85 degree turn. It was snowy & at night. At the time, the rear 4 suspension arm bushings were gone, so the car shifted slightly. When I made the turn, it shifted and knocked itself out of traction & spun me around.

Luckily, my buddy was driving behind me and saw me & stopped just shy of my door

2kSnakEater
03-24-2007, 09:16 PM
I took it out of my back yard, and into the front yard. Fucking scary if you ask me!

Berg
03-25-2007, 12:28 AM
I was travelling down a local road at the speed limit of 80Km/h and a red light came up ahead. When I braked the front right brakeline blew (lesson to perform proper maintenance regularily). I ended up crashing into a tow truck of all things. The towing bar hit the hood just above the headlights and slid up to the windshield as I ran into it. If I had been going any faster this bar would have come through the windshield and hit me in the lower part of my face. Fortunately I only lost the car.

Cheers,
Berg